First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Technically, Ford never said 15k for 2022 directly. That was an article with an unnamed source.

Another wrench: Does 15k for 2022 mean:

-15k in calendar year 2022?
OR
-15k in MODEL year 2022, so basically Spring through Fall they make 15k and then they start making "2023s" in later 2022, so there may actually be substantially more than 15k Lightnings made in the calendar year 2022 and even more by the actual one-year-from-production-start point in Spring 2023?
I just want one ASAP lol. If Ford isn’t able to make 70-80k 2022. I might have to just settle on hybrid. Wouldn’t be mad to own a hybrid either though.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Ford has only said they will ramp up as much as possible to 80,000 by 2024. So it will depend how they allocate resources and are able to get parts. They will not tie them to a specific number.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
When you order online there is a line saying what the dealer's selling price is and also difference from MSRP. You want to make sure that number is zero.
So now at this point in the process, can you just change dealers to get a better price if they try to pull a markup? Or is it much more involved?

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
So now at this point in the process, can you just change dealers to get a better price if they try to pull a markup? Or is it much more involved?
You can change dealers at any time up to the time you submit the order. There have been several posts here of people changing dealers for one reason or another. Doesn't seem difficult.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Oh, so that would be binding at order time? How do people get surprised by big markups at the end?
You can change dealers until the Reservation is in WBDO, which could happen a couple different ways. Option 1: Dealer clicks on your reservation and submits to WBDO without your knowledge (this happened on Bronco for some people in the beginning, Ford since implemented a safeguard). Option 2: Dealer clicks a button that sends you an email asking permission to move your reservation to an order, you then confirm or reject (how it is on Bronco now). Option 3: You build your dream Lightning online and then hit submit which sends it to the reservation Portal ready to be put fully built into WBDO, dealer reviews briefly then accepts. Option 4: Surprise us Ford! We have no idea how it will work yet.

Regarding advantages of a large dealer, that will come down to the allocation formula which there is no info on currently. Large dealer also means more reservations there too so I don't think as a ratio it will help you. It actually might be in your best interest to find a small one that is personable because that will likely translate to a higher conversion percentage which had a heavy weight in Bronco's allocation formula. All speculation until Ford confirms how they are allocating.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
You can change dealers until the Reservation is in WBDO, which could happen a couple different ways. Option 1: Dealer clicks on your reservation and submits to WBDO without your knowledge (this happened on Bronco for some people in the beginning, Ford since implemented a safeguard). Option 2: Dealer clicks a button that sends you an email asking permission to move your reservation to an order, you then confirm or reject (how it is on Bronco now). Option 3: You build your dream Lightning online and then hit submit which sends it to the reservation Portal ready to be put fully built into WBDO, dealer reviews briefly then accepts. Option 4: Surprise us Ford! We have no idea how it will work yet.

Regarding advantages of a large dealer, that will come down to the allocation formula which there is no info on currently. Large dealer also means more reservations there too so I don't think as a ratio it will help you. It actually might be in your best interest to find a small one that is personable because that will likely translate to a higher conversion percentage which had a heavy weight in Bronco's allocation formula. All speculation until Ford confirms how they are allocating.
Isn’t wbdo very different from our Ford ordering through the website? I had to have the manager do it three times just to get it right on my hybrid. Apparently it doesn’t transfer to their system so they have to input each option on your order one at a time.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
The "Master List" of dealers on Bronco6G says Honolulu Ford doesn't have markup on the Bronco.

You may have already asked them, but I just happened to be looking at that list yesterday and noticed that every state on the list had at least one dealer noted as "No Markup". The list could be wrong, of course, but thought I'd mention it.
thanks, I wasn’t aware of that list. I called the two most reputable dealerships and they both quoted at least a $6k markup for the Lightning, possibly more. One guy said they apply that to most vehicles but for the Bronco it was $10k…at that point I decided to look elsewhere.

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
I purchased my Bronco from John Holstein. They were incredible and kept their word on the pricing through the Bronco 6G site. I drove 4 hours to get to them because of the great price they offered.

They are doing the same with the Lightning I believe. This is the letter I received from John right after I placed my Lightning order.

We are offering to sell a 2022 Ford F150 Lightning for $500 above factory invoice. There are no
gimmicks, no hidden fees, no upselling without the customer’s approval. We will show you the
factory invoice when it becomes available and the build summary which shows the pricing, after
the order is placed.
We are transparent. Everything we do in regards to the reservation process will be an
open-book. It’s truly the only proper way to conduct business. We know it, our customers know
it.
The Plan.

Here’s a few advantages concerning “The Plan“. We’ll be answering questions and providing a
Q&A FAQ sheet concerning “The Plan“:
• Centrally located in the “mid Atlantic region”.
• Our price is only $500 above FACTORY INVOICE. No gimmicks.
• There will be no “hidden fees”. You’ll know before you get here, exactly what to expect.
• We will offer additions to your new ride, such as extended warranties, accessories, etc. but
none of that will be mandatory or pre-installed without your approval.
• We’re working to provide bonded and insured shippers for every vehicle (if the customer wants
to go that route) and we’ll work with the customer’s choice of shipper if the customer wants to
take care of shipping on their own.
• Everything pertaining to the purchase will be “above board” prior to your commitment to our
dealership as the receiver of your reservation.
• We’re working on trade-ins and the possibility of getting your trade-in appraisal completed prior
to arrival at our facility.

John Holstein, IT Manager
Reservation Program Coordinator
Ford F-150 Lightning October 26 is apparently NOT when 2022 F-150 Lightning ordering begins (order bank opens) {filename}

Stephens Auto Center
304-369-2411 Ext 32

www.stephensauto.com

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The "Master List" of dealers on Bronco6G says Honolulu Ford doesn't have markup on the Bronco.

You may have already asked them, but I just happened to be looking at that list yesterday and noticed that every state on the list had at least one dealer noted as "No Markup". The list could be wrong, of course, but thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for the forum post on Ford dealers and ADM.

I am going with Ken Grody Ford (Rousch dealer) in Buena Park, CA - anyone confirm if they have zero ADM ?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thanks for the forum post on Ford dealers and ADM.

I am going with Ken Grody Ford (Rousch dealer) in Buena Park, CA - anyone confirm if they have zero ADM ?
They will probably have zero ADM but will sell it to you at MSRP. I myself am going with Encinitas Ford at MSRP but seeing some go below invoice has me thinking about purchasing out of State.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro

Thanks. The $1295 dealer fee is not great in the first place (although it was expected as it is clear on their website in the fine print). Even for Florida that seems really high.

So, I'll probably end up moving my reservation if there's no clear advantage to buying from a huge dealer.

Just need to totally nail down another dealer that isn't going to play games.
Sponsored