First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
Let us know what the dealer says. I want the power running boards as well.
Stopped by the dealership last night - close to closing, got the order accepted (yes, I had to ask them to look and accept the order). I gave them my change to add the power running boards that will probably push back my 20 week wait, but that's okay. The Inventory manager is going to add the running boards this morning (yep I got there that close to closing) as well as another change where I misunderstood the build (floormats). I will hear back from them this morning with new order confirmation paperwork. If something goes sideways or I get a better idea of how far beyond 20 weeks to delivery I will post.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Stopped by the dealership last night - close to closing, got the order accepted (yes, I had to ask them to look and accept the order). I gave them my change to add the power running boards that will probably push back my 20 week wait, but that's okay. The Inventory manager is going to add the running boards this morning (yep I got there that close to closing) as well as another change where I misunderstood the build (floormats). I will hear back from them this morning with new order confirmation paperwork. If something goes sideways or I get a better idea of how far beyond 20 weeks to delivery I will post.
Just curious how far beyond 20 weeks you would be willing to wait for the power running boards. If it was a year or 2 wait for them, would that change your decision?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So here is my online order.. I submitted online, called my dealer (who had no idea sales were live) and made him accept my order right away so I don't miss out on my model..this is what shows up on my order now. So what ur saying is they can't add any markup now that they accepted my order, and the line shows $0 and dealer selling price same as MSRP?

Screenshot_20220106-225215_Chrome.jpg
Thatā€™s the way I understand it. But also remember that just ordering online doesnā€™t make it an order. Your dealer has to click a button to accept and send to Ford. Iā€™ve heard of all kinds of different ways dealers handle this. All the way from they just do it, to forcing you to come into the dealership and sign a bunch of paperwork no different that if you ordered at the dealership.
If you want to be sure your price is locked in, Iā€™d contact the dealer and get them to sign the price agreement.
Hereā€˜s a link to all the gory details in the MME forum:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mike-levine-on-adm.12870/

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
Just curious how far beyond 20 weeks you would be willing to wait for the power running boards. If it was a year or 2 wait for them, would that change your decision?
I don't think it will be a year or two additional time, I expect (hope) that Ford has an idea of how many power running boards they can procure and will stop dealers from adding the option if it puts it out beyond MY22.

I will wait, I don't want my wife to struggle getting in the truck.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Things aren't usually pushed to the next model year when it says "Late Avalability" in the order guide. It just means it won't be available at launch.

Sponsored

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I don't think it will be a year or two additional time, I expect (hope) that Ford has an idea of how many power running boards they can procure and will stop dealers from adding the option if it puts it out beyond MY22.

There are running boards on all trucks, just not power... your wife should be fine getting in with the non-powered boards
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] 1641569817435

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla 3
Anyone in NY possibly Long Island order yet? I'm a day 2 reservation. Just called my dealer and they told me order banks open in a month or so for VIPs. We're shocked when I told them banks opened yesterday. Also they have 0 idea of how many are on their list, what number I am, etc.

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Any ideas on this? I placed the order yesterday, status on the order says "Order sent to dealer". Called the dealer and they said they don't see the order, they see my reservations and their order bank is not open?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Update: I did receive the email invite after I had already ordered online.
Yeah me too, that was weird. And then about 20 mins later I got the text on my phone saying the same thing. And my order was already confirmed by that point.

M.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline

Not sure if you're saying that the power running boards may be a supply issue. But I'm guessing they require a redesign on the lightning. That underbelly is packed full of batteries so I would not be surprised at all if there are some challenges to designing new power running boards that fit with the battery pack. Just saying, very likely it's not an issue of them getting the parts, the parts are definitely going to be different than what comes on the ICE F-150's.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any ideas on this? I placed the order yesterday, status on the order says "Order sent to dealer". Called the dealer and they said they don't see the order, they see my reservations and their order bank is not open?
That is strange. The order bank is definitely "open" and on the dealers web page they use for managing orders one of the fields will turn into a "button" they can select to process a specific order (I watched my sales folks do it). At that point the order can be configured on their end.

M.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if you're saying that the power running boards may be a supply issue. But I'm guessing they require a redesign on the lightning. That underbelly is packed full of batteries so I would not be surprised at all if there are some challenges to designing new power running boards that fit with the battery pack. Just saying, very likely it's not an issue of them getting the parts, the parts are definitely going to be different than what comes on the ICE F-150's.
After seeing what happened to folks who wanted specific things during the 2021 F-150 build last year I personally would not want to risk having my order kicked. You can always add those running boards later and get the service tech to enable them.

M.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET] PRB_Delay

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This page suggests you could get the Wave order selection and then move your order to another dealer.

What it doesnā€™t make clear is if you can still order in that Wave after changing dealers. It might take a few minutes but it could be a work around for those surprise high ADM dealers.
After watching my dealership prioritize their "top orders" based on either timestamp or 'dealer loyalty', and Ford telling them that this process had to be done over a week ago and locked in, I would expect that you'd either go to the bottom of the list on the dealer you moved to, or if the dealer you moved to are doing it solely based on the timestamp, you'd get slotted into their list and bump somebody else down. I don't see that happening.

M.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Send them the dealer guides posted here... Some of them had fairly clear directions for dealer.
I went back through all those dealer guide materials and have not found anything that says that the top X number of reservations that the dealers were told to prioritize a couple of weeks ago would not all be selected on the day the invites were sent out. Nowhere does it say that only *one* reservation from the top of that dealer's list of reservation priorities would get greenlighted.

M.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I went back through all those dealer guide materials and have not found anything that says that the top X number of reservations that the dealers were told to prioritize a couple of weeks ago would not all be selected on the day the invites were sent out. Nowhere does it say that only *one* reservation from the top of that dealer's list of reservation priorities would get greenlighted.

M.
It doesn't but it does say:

"The number of customers invited will vary by wave. We are not sharing specifics."
Sponsored