• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

kevinwright9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
Yeah. The problem is the gateway has to kick off the update. The apim seeing the usb is one thing but the update has to go to the gateway get Authentication and then run.
It won’t update without the gateway

I don’t believe it does. The xlt cluster has had issues with remembering the my view and the gauges set at top. I believe they fix those things finally. Among some other things.
Now job two lariat had an update to the same cluster they didn’t change the cluster itself but if a cluster is installed in a job 2 it will update it and if it’s installed in job 1 it won’t. Strange why they do these things and not just update across the board.
This got me thinking as I have to do a Master Reset for the USB to be indexed. After the first attempt, it would not index unless I did another Master Reset. Resetting APIM through Forscan didn't do this, had to be a Master Reset. So I did a Master Reset with USB out, then immediately did a GWM reset with Forscan. Started vehicle, inserted USB, and it worked. Successfully loaded and not on to other items to update. Thanks all. Updating my truck probably shouldn't make me this happy but this is better than Xmas!
Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
This got me thinking as I have to do a Master Reset for the USB to be indexed. After the first attempt, it would not index unless I did another Master Reset. Resetting APIM through Forscan didn't do this, had to be a Master Reset. So I did a Master Reset with USB out, then immediately did a GWM reset with Forscan. Started vehicle, inserted USB, and it worked. Successfully loaded and not on to other items to update. Thanks all. Updating my truck probably shouldn't make me this happy but this is better than Xmas!
Discovered something today while trying to do my updates. No need to do a Master reset to get the usb to re-index. Go to Settings>Media Player> Reset Media Index. Upon removing the usb the system will delete all info from the usb and it will initiate indexing the next time you insert it. Do all this while it is still inserted in the media hub

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS ABC7A05E-DB49-4002-8FA0-F29506E08E00

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS ABEEACD7-145D-4CEA-A89D-A232C995EBD2

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 4F96BD7F-65C3-41E2-9A2B-225D5FF73FB2

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Was using FDRS, briefly had a SW update for the GWM pop up. Clicked download, everything seemed fine, clicked run and got a data error message pop up that said “data unavailable for this application.” Then shortly after the line for GWM update disappeared.
Anyone experience this? I tried to refresh the download with no success. Same message.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Was using FDRS, briefly had a SW update for the GWM pop up. Clicked download, everything seemed fine, clicked run and got a data error message pop up that said “data unavailable for this application.” Then shortly after the line for GWM update disappeared.
Anyone experience this? I tried to refresh the download with no success. Same message.
Could have been that it was already updated. When it runs the update it compares the files installed in the module to the update files and it will pull the update if it was already updated.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
So, I’m a job 1 truck with the common issues for OTA. Stuck on 1.7.1, can’t turn on updates etc.

Im plugged into FDRS and surprised to see no APIM, gwm or TCU updates available among all the others.
Any idea why?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
So, I’m a job 1 truck with the common issues for OTA. Stuck on 1.7.1, can’t turn on updates etc.

Im plugged into FDRS and surprised to see no APIM, gwm or TCU updates available among all the others.
Any idea why?
Did you get a good clean scan of all modules? I ask because some of my scans would catch a module or two busy and so they didn't respond before some kind of apparent time-out.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you get a good clean scan of all modules? I ask because some of my scans would catch a module or two busy and so they didn't respond before some kind of apparent time-out.
Yes I did. APIM showed at first, then disappeared. Is now back again.

still, no indication of GWM, TCU or IPMA updates available. Maybe after the APIM?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
GWM didn't show up for me until after APIM was updated.
And for me, TCU update was actually associated with APIM update. They sequenced together during the update routine.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Yes I did. APIM showed at first, then disappeared. Is now back again.

still, no indication of GWM, TCU or IPMA updates available. Maybe after the APIM?
Same boat as you. No GWM, TCU or IPMA only had APIM and a bunch of other modules that needed updates. February 21 build, never got any OTA updates. Started with the APIM, still waiting for the USB to kick in, in the mean time I ended up doing all the other available updates while waiting. Glad I sprang for the 1 month FDRS. I did have a GWM update randomly pop up in FDRS but when i went to download and run it, it said no data available ??‍♂ Still just waiting for the APIM to go, its been 2 days. Have tried every variation of switching things on and off that other had used, but with no success. Reset APIM and GWM multiple times. Even attempted to reinstall the As Built files for the GWM from forscan but got an error it wouldn’t let me.
Only thing I havent done is a Master reset. Im holding off on that as a last ditch effort if this
doesnt go within the next few days.

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Same boat as you. No GWM, TCU or IPMA only had APIM and a bunch of other modules that needed updates. February 21 build, never got any OTA updates. Started with the APIM, still waiting for the USB to kick in, in the mean time I ended up doing all the other available updates while waiting. Glad I sprang for the 1 month FDRS. I did have a GWM update randomly pop up in FDRS but when i went to download and run it, it said no data available ??‍♂ Still just waiting for the APIM to go, its been 2 days. Have tried every variation of switching things on and off that other had used, but with no success. Reset APIM and GWM multiple times. Even attempted a to reinstall the As Built files from forscan but got an error it wouldn’t let me.
Only thing I havent done is a Master reset. Im holding off on that as a last ditch effort if this
doesnt go within the next few days.

There's a ton of good info in this thread, try them all. So far I'm like 100 tries and no luck, but I'm not giving up. I think I'm stuck until this magical fix comes out.

Sponsored

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I *think* my software versions are:

TCU MUST-14H085-FA
GWM ML3T-14H021-ALE
IPMA ML3T-14H102-ACA
APIM MU5T-14G676-CA

I have the APIM in progress, no updates for the other 3. Does this make sense?

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My APIM just kicked off via USB

I made the USB yesterday afternoon, about 20 hours ago. I did a master reset and a GWM reset at the time. Left the truck parked overnight.

This morning, I followed the steps in the photo below, but I sent feedback for both USB and Wireless. I then plugged in a charger, did a network scan in FDRS and got the “keep USB plugged in message”

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS B2414E70-12E5-4964-94DC-DBAB1DCBB22B

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Anyone notice that the fdrs subscription page wants a log on or create one and no way to create one?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Anyone notice that the fdrs subscription page wants a log on or create one and no way to create one?
You can’t create an account directly on FDRS. You can create an account and buy a license here: http://www2.helminc.com/ngsm/login....4D6AA31CF6F5D0345D19&from=ford&src=motorcraft.

Then you have to create a second account here: www.motorcraftservice.com. For convenience, you can create this second account using the same credentials as the first.

Then you can use the credentials created on www.motorcraftservice.com to log into FDRS.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
You can’t create an account directly on FDRS. You can create an account and buy a license here: http://www2.helminc.com/ngsm/login....4D6AA31CF6F5D0345D19&from=ford&src=motorcraft.

Then you have to create a second account here: www.motorcraftservice.com. For convenience, you can create this second account using the same credentials as the first.

Then you can use the credentials created on www.motorcraftservice.com to log into FDRS.
Had the 2nd one. First one didn't work before. Now I have the account, is this the actual software?:

164-FJDRRET2
FJDS License - 2 Day
Sponsored