• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got the software, meant license... my bad. just want to make sure that that license is the correct one.... :)
That’s what I used. Open up FDRS and it will prompt you to load the license even before you log in. You’ll know for sure if you got it right. If the license loads, then you can log in.

You can also check the status of the license—what you bought, expiration date—by logging into your account on the Helm website where you bought it.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That’s what I used. Open up FDRS and it will prompt you to load the license even before you log in. You’ll know for sure if you got it right. If the license loads, then you can log in.

You can also check the status of the license—what you bought, expiration date—by logging into your account on the Helm website where you bought it.
Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Happy to help. Good luck. Set yourself up with a six-pack and the TV if you plan on tackling the IPMA update. 3-6 hours. Mine took about 4.
Gonna try just do simple small ones first hopefully till I feel comfy using the software. Already has a new Apim and believe it’s sitting at 1.7.1 I believe. Still never gets otas. So trying to figure out where this darn thing is at. Still shows that the last Ota failed last Nov.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Thank you to all who helped get this info out there!

I am now up to date, except:

GWM which says “Data Unavailable for this application”

any ideas?

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got everything except 2 modules that I updated but keep coming back. Apim required a usb. Did that and it said it was up to date and was happy....Also got this weird lil popup saying passthru expire, etc.... Drove me nuts.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS fdrs1

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS fdrs3

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got everything except 2 modules that I updated but keep coming back. Apim required a usb. Did that and it said it was up to date and was happy....Also got this weird lil popup saying passthru expire, etc.... Drove me nuts.
fdrs1.jpg

fdrs3.jpg
That Passthru error is weird. I’ve never seen it before. Maybe Iceman or Jesse can shed some light on that. My guess is that there might be some kind of renewal/validation that needs to be done in VX Manager, not FDRS.

Sounds like everything else went ok. The ABS and GSM updates never seem to go away despite multiple tries. They didn’t for me or Snakebitten. So, that would appear to be normal.

Looks like you’re up to date for now. Well done.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That Passthru error is weird. I’ve never seen it before. Maybe Iceman or Jesse can shed some light on that. My guess is that there might be some kind of renewal/validation that needs to be done in VX Manager, not FDRS.

Sounds like everything else went ok. The ABS and GSM updates never seem to go away despite multiple tries. They didn’t for me or Snakebitten. So, that would appear to be normal.

Looks like you’re up to date for now. Well done.
The popup didnt seem to stop anything. My malwarebyes was more of a pita... Had to add vxdiag to exclusions. That might stop the popup. Manager said all licenses were good so.
I also have a couple days access to the Ford service info site. So it was a $75 day. Just wish there were someway to determine that actual ots firmware numbers, like 1.7.1, etc. Not sure what ota Im on. Never got a notification and the diag says its still waiting from Nov 2021. Wonder if that will ever flip.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I got the passthru pop-up out of nowhere too. It was the VX software and I just closed everything and reopened the VX package and everything was normal again. I never saw the pop-up again.

Love the success stories!
OTA is a great idea and perhaps Ford will figure it out and improve on the delivery. But until then we CAN do something about it. :)

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Im getting jealous of all the success stories. Im still here waiting for my USB to take off with the APIM update. Started yesterday sending in negative feedback through sync. Lets hope that helps.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the passthru pop-up out of nowhere too. It was the VX software and I just closed everything and reopened the VX package and everything was normal again. I never saw the pop-up again.

OTA is a great idea and perhaps Ford will figure it out and improve on the delivery. But until then we CAN do something about it. :)
Ah, that might be why I never saw that Passthru pop-up. I used VX Manager to load the drivers and make sure the firmware on the programmer was up to date. But once I did that, I shut VX Manager down and just used FDRS because FDRS recognized VXDIAG directly. At least, that’s what I remember from two weeks ago.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Im getting jealous of all the success stories. Im still here waiting for my USB to take off with the APIM update. Started yesterday sending in negative feedback through sync. Lets hope that helps.
We'll get there eventually....right??????

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Yea, but if it is necessary again, another 50 clams.
Hope they fig it out soon.
Sponsored