• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Agreed and you clued me in with the 706-01-01 hence my "I know where you're going with this"...
You may still be able to turn it off but it may be different now in term of location. This update changes everything internally the bits are not the same so that may be actually changing something totally different to this file

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
You may still be able to turn it off but it may be different now in term of location. This update changes everything internally the bits are not the same so that may be actually changing something totally different to this file
Yup but here's something to consider... if this was an OTA those that aren't updating using FDRS will go nuts trying to figure these things out...

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
So, does this essentially mean that all of @Livnitup ’s work mapping the FORScan changes has now become unreliable and, to be safe, we now need to revert to stock configuration?

Relatedly, could the changes to the temp gauges be why the IPC updates were problematic in the last round?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So, does this essentially mean that all of @Livnitup ’s work mapping the FORScan changes has now become unreliable and, to be safe, we now need to revert to stock configuration?

Relatedly, could the changes to the temp gauges be why the IPC updates were problematic in the last round?
Ipc stayed the same just added line the ipma did change quite a bit.

I’ll talk to Livnitup about the 22 sheet

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Livinitup replied back and he said to try to disable again and see if the DTC comes back. I'll give it a shot tomorrow...

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Livinitup replied back and he said to try to disable again and see if the DTC comes back. I'll give it a shot tomorrow...
Ok. That means it must be the same still

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
With the incredible complexity of the 40 module network, the massive amount of "if this then that" code, and what I assume is a tangled mess of relational tables in the database.......

Who knows?

OTA may be underperforming as a concept, but I'm amazed at the quantity of continuous development Ford keeps releasing. Although the number of vehicles that are receiving the updates at the rate they are released is a tiny percentage of a tiny percentage.

I wonder if they consider us actually doing them a favor? :)

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
So @Bob_Mac are you saying that if you made custom changes via Forscan in a particular module that when doing an update via FDRS could cause issues?

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
He states yes but, why the DTC hours later and reverting back to default clears it?
If it helps any here is my first 2 lines on the IPMA which is different than what you had. For reference I cleared all my codes went out for a drive, did not use cruse control and the only DTC I had come back was U2400 i believe. See the snapshots.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IPMA

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IPMA FRDS

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
So @Bob_Mac are you saying that if you made custom changes via Forscan in a particular module that when doing an update via FDRS could cause issues?
As it turns out after doing a little digging, the FORScan change to Disable Auto-Reverse Braking and Alert is no longer needed since there is now a button to disable it in Vehicle Settings.

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Just an FYI but I've seen cases where FORScan errantly reported a DTC that IDS or any other code reader wasn't seeing and the same DTC was fixed in the next update of FORScan. I'm not saying that's necessarily the issue here but the byte for that value in the '21 vs '22 IPMA asbuilt hasn't changed meaning so maybe just a hiccup or FORScan issue with the new IPMA update. Also, might be a good idea to create new vehicle profile in FORScan after all these updates.

Anyways, I've also just posted the '22 IPMA spreadsheet here for anyone interested: https://bit.ly/3KFeKit
Sponsored