• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
As it turns out after doing a little digging, the FORScan change to Disable Auto-Reverse Braking and Alert is no longer needed since there is now a button to disable it in Vehicle Settings.
When you disable it in settings does it change that same value in IPMA?
Sponsored

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Is there anything special amount of time I need to wait once it tells me to turn the Ignition off for the IPMA module software update
I am assuming this was the new update to the IPMA. I am doing this now and wondering why you would need to wait. So far any updates over CAN once is says shut off I have just turned it off and selected ok. Then it said update successful. I wasn't aware of having to do the wait method that the USB update needs. Can someone explain this for me before I get to the end of this IPMA. Don't want to screw it up. Thank you as always

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I was reading, 418-01B Module Configuration, regarding modules that can take OTA updates. Basically, it is easier to list the modules that can not update OTA.

List of modules that can't update OTA:
  • ACM (audio front control module)
  • DSP (audio digital signal processing)
  • GSM (gear shift module)
  • OCS (occupant classification system)
  • PCM [Diesel Only] (powertrain control module)
  • RGTM (rear gate trunk module)
  • SASM (steering angle sensor module)
  • SECM (steering effort control module)
  • TCCM (transfer case control module)
  • TCM (transmission control module)
  • WACM (wireless accessory charging module)

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
So @Bob_Mac are you saying that if you made custom changes via Forscan in a particular module that when doing an update via FDRS could cause issues?
I guess we need to reset any changes in Forscan before any updates are done to FDRS? Is this the reason why network scans on modules are coming back corrupt?

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I am assuming this was the new update to the IPMA. I am doing this now and wondering why you would need to wait. So far any updates over CAN once is says shut off I have just turned it off and selected ok. Then it said update successful. I wasn't aware of having to do the wait method that the USB update needs. Can someone explain this for me before I get to the end of this IPMA. Don't want to screw it up. Thank you as always
Yes it was the new update. Just wanted to be sure there wasnt any surprises to getting the update done

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
JFYI - I have just checked another user AB data and his data shows the same "anomalies" for IPMA like yours
@iceman77 did you happen to check into one that got it OTA to see if there is a difference with the ones doing it through FDRS?

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Might just be me but is anyone else who isn’t using a nano seeing a delay in their AB data updating after doing a network scan? I’m seeing delays from minutes to hours and not all AB data is being updated.

For example;
I made a change in my APIM with Forscan then ran FDRS and let it do its initial discovery but also performed a network scan. Waited 5 minutes then downloaded my AB data from the mothership. AB data does not reflect my change.

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Just going to throw out my experience with the IPMA, CCM, CMR, and PSCM update.

Last night I put my battery on the recommended charger for the night.
Today I hooked up the charger and put it to Power supply mode at 10amp (using the negative hook up point that was recently pictured)
My computer was plugged in and outside my truck, I roll the window down and run the cord in with the door shut through the whole process. I just reach in to turn the truck on and off when prompted

Turned the truck on and ran the toolbox app for the mongoose through the top three tests and all passed.
Then I unplugged the Mongoose and started FDRS. Reconnected the Mongoose and started with the CCM just because. This all began at about 500pm

CCM - went smooth and was fairly fast over CAN
PSCM - Went smooth and was fast over CAN
CMR - Went Smooth but was long (about 50 minutes) also over CAN
IPMA - Again went smooth but long (about 3 hours) also over CAN, got nervous during the erasing blocks phases.

Over all the whole thing start to finish was a little over 4 hours (finished at 905pm) for me with a mongoose plus and the battery stayed at around 13.7 I do not have a powerboost.
Newer windows laptop with Windows 11 and connected with good to great reception at 2.4ghz.
After finished I ran a scan, no DTCs but after driving and trying cruise I got the gateway connection DTC which everyone is getting.
Both the PSCM and IPMA are still in FDRS and won't go away.
My as built has the extra letters in the other nodes like others have reported.
I used a VCM3 a week ago and it was flawless. The mongoose seems to be just as good from my experience. Not sure about speed compared to VCM3 but stable as others have said.
I plan to borrow the VCM3 tomorrow to run a scan with it to see if anything changes.

I am starting to wonder if we will get 2.5.2 - the GWM to show up with those two modules showing as available to update.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
When you disable it in settings does it change that same value in IPMA?
Yes it does, just confirmed it. So what I'm thinking is that now that Ford added a separate toggle for it and defaulted as 'On' whereas the value made by a FORScan change to 'Off' was conflicting causing the persistent DTC. The end result would be easy then, just toggle it off in vehicle settings and the DTC should just go away.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just going to throw out my experience with the IPMA, CCM, CMR, and PSCM update.

Last night I put my battery on the recommended charger for the night.
Today I hooked up the charger and put it to Power supply mode at 10amp (using the negative hook up point that was recently pictured)
My computer was plugged in and outside my truck, I roll the window down and run the cord in with the door shut through the whole process. I just reach in to turn the truck on and off when prompted

Turned the truck on and ran the toolbox app for the mongoose through the top three tests and all passed.
Then I unplugged the Mongoose and started FDRS. Reconnected the Mongoose and started with the CCM just because. This all began at about 500pm

CCM - went smooth and was fairly fast over CAN
PSCM - Went smooth and was fast over CAN
CMR - Went Smooth but was long (about 50 minutes) also over CAN
IPMA - Again went smooth but long (about 3 hours) also over CAN, got nervous during the erasing blocks phases.

Over all the whole thing start to finish was a little over 4 hours (finished at 905pm) for me with a mongoose plus and the battery stayed at around 13.7 I do not have a powerboost.
Newer windows laptop with Windows 11 and connected with good to great reception at 2.4ghz.
After finished I ran a scan, no DTCs but after driving and trying cruise I got the gateway connection DTC which everyone is getting.
Both the PSCM and IPMA are still in FDRS and won't go away.
My as built has the extra letters in the other nodes like others have reported.
I used a VCM3 a week ago and it was flawless. The mongoose seems to be just as good from my experience. Not sure about speed compared to VCM3 but stable as others have said.
I plan to borrow the VCM3 tomorrow to run a scan with it to see if anything changes.

I am starting to wonder if we will get 2.5.2 - the GWM to show up with those two modules showing as available to update.
Very nice job. Particularly your battery management. 13.7 is pretty much ideal. Not too high to damage your battery—corresponds to bulk charge mode, which is around 13.6–not anywhere close to too low that you risk the modules with a voltage drop. Textbook.

You were running the charger in power supply mode at 10 amps. Is it capable of running in that mode at 20 amps, or is 20 amps a charging rate only?

EDIT: Answered my own question. It’s automatic, according to the owners manual:

When the unit is operating in Power Supply mode, the display will show “PS” and the green Charging Complete LED will be lit. In this mode, the charger will supply steady power with a goal of maintaining steady system voltage at 14.1VDC, allowing the current supplied to the battery/system to vary as needed from 0-20 amps. If there is an increase in system need, the charger will react to it and supply as much current, up to 20A, as needed to maintain system voltage. If system voltage drops below 13.2VDC, the amber Charging in Progress LED will light in addition to the green Charging Complete LED to alert you that the charger may not be keeping up with system demand.

This is a nice charger. Your experience also shows that the current demands while flashing the modules are not excessive. 10 amps did it for you.

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Any particular reason you got nervous, or just because of the whole erasing the brains thing?!

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Any particular reason you got nervous, or just because of the whole erasing the brains thing?!
Mainly just the erasing the brain. If you get a hiccup there it makes it a little more of a pain. It’s also the no on screen cues when it is doing this. It just looks like it freezes and no indication of progress on the erasing.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Mainly just the erasing the brain. If you get a hiccup there it makes it a little more of a pain. It’s also the no on screen cues when it is doing this. It just looks like it freezes and no indication of progress on the erasing.
Roger that, I'm just going to walk away then when I update tomorrow after my Mongoose Pro comes in.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I get nervous doing these. 3 hours is a long time to program a module. So many variables..
Sponsored