• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Thought I packed everything I needed to update my truck this weekend as we made a road trip to visit family. About 20 min into the drive I realized I didn't bring my USB hub or USB drive ?‍♂ I may be making a trip tomorrow to get (another) one to do the updates, or just waiting until next weekend now. I was hoping to use BlueCruise on the way home too (n)

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Thought I packed everything I needed to update my truck this weekend as we made a road trip to visit family. About 20 min into the drive I realized I didn't bring my USB hub or USB drive ?‍♂ I may be making a trip tomorrow to get (another) one to do the updates, or just waiting until next weekend now. I was hoping to use BlueCruise on the way home too (n)
Go get a USB stick my friend your gonna love Bluecruise

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Go get a USB stick my friend your gonna love Bluecruise
I just bought a 64GB one a couple weeks ago after doing the initial set of updates, and I have a bunch of them at home. I'll see what is available if my family doesn't have one. Definitely not going to pay a lot for it if I do get one. As much as I want BC, I don't need it that bad. Outside of this trip, the next time I might be able to use it is in 3 weeks.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Don't buy a battery charger, buy a DC power supply. I have had a mastech power supply for years. Can fine tune anywhere from 0.1v to 30v and 0.1A to 20A. Once you set the voltage it will go at max amperage until it reaches that point and then the amperage will decrease to hold at that point. You can use it for other things too if you like to tinker with electronics. Many battery chargers aren't regulated and will just ramp the voltage up until the battery starts to boil and gets ruined. These are sealed AGM batteries, when they boil eventually there is a safety valve that will let out the gasses so that the battery doesn't blow up. Once those gasses are gone you can't add water to the battery to replenish and so your battery is pooched

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You can unplug the OBD device while loading the usb. When it prompts you to select the drive it safe to pull the OBD device

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
So I have been digging into what has caused this stupid 1.7.1 OTA screw up and I believe I may have figured out the issue. I believe this is an issue from the 1.6 OTA update where the GWM update gets corrupted during install and some lines of code are missing. Now there is enough there to get the truck thinking the 1.6 OTA software update is good and it starts looking for the next OTA 1.7.1 OTA but it locks up after this and puts us all into OTA purgatory. What's led me to this is that after reading everything here and looking through some TSB's, I decided to take my truck into the dealer today and they were able to get me in right away. I mentioned to the Service Manager the issues with my 1.7.1 OTA not working and its stuck. I seen in some TSB's that the GWM needs to be updated first then the APIM. Now I told my Dealer this beforehand. They attempted to update my truck to 1.7.1 and it did not take. My Dealer said they put the 1.7.1 APIM update USB in but it would error out. So I took my truck home and tonight pulled it up on FORScan. I have a DTC related to the GWM U2403 92 and this has something to do with no communication ethernet to the IPC. So I started to look at my GWM 716 Module and all lines in FORScan. I pulled up my Ford As Built info from the Ford site and between looking at FORScan and the Ford AS Built I am missing 8 lines. All of block 716-54-01 to 716-54-08 is missing in FORScan yet it shows I should have it from my Ford As Built. My original Ford As Built from when the truck was new had lines to 716-48-01. So that leads me to believe that update 1.6 OTA was supposed to add lines 716-49-01 to 716-54-08. Now this may have corrupted for a bunch of us SYNC 4 Job 1 F150's by not installing completely. What also has me thinking its the GWM is that for some of you I have read that have had their APIM changed out and is updated to 1.7.1, still can't get any OTA's even with an updated APIM. Also some of you using FDRS and doing various updates have also been stuck on the APIM update USB having to stay in for weeks sometimes before it catches. Did some of you FDRS guys do a GWM update in between and then this all worked and the 15 -17 other module updates suddenly show up and the APIM update finally worked? So to all of you out there that are still stuck in the System Updates with greyed out enabling Automatic Updates, Notifications, and Update Details that keep showing you are updated but your stuck trying to update to 1.7.1 would you check your FORScan, go to Module 716 and see if your missing the 754-54-01 to 754-54-08 blocks. Maybe there is a simple USB fix and a Call to Ford OTA we can make to ask them to uncorrupt our bad GWM's sending up the wrong info to the mothership that's preventing us from getting future OTA's. This then would maybe get our GWM working proper and get our OTA's working properly again without having to do a Mongoose Plus and Multiple FDRS 2 day licenses at a tune of $1000 out of pocket and updates this way forever at an out of pocket cost to all of us.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Not sure how much of a difference some of these updates have been for others, but after the first round of updates for me, I must say, my 3.0 powerstroke and 10 speed are definitely much better friends now. Or it seems. Could be a placebo effect lol. But driving the truck to work felt noticeable smoother tonight on the way to the hospital. Pleasantly so.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I accidently tried to apply the CCM update with the Nano. It was part of a chained update. I accidently clicked to proceed and the stream of profanity from my mouth did nothing to stop the process...

So now my CCM is purple, the Nano can't actually apply the update (as documented in this thread), and PMI didn't work.

Any suggestions get the module back to stock. Not trying to get CCM updated with the Nano, just working?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I accidently tried to apply the CCM update with the Nano. It was part of a chained update. I accidently clicked to proceed and the stream of profanity from my mouth did nothing to stop the process...

So now my CCM is purple, the Nano can't actually apply the update (as documented in this thread), and PMI didn't work.

Any suggestions get the module back to stock. Not trying to get CCM updated with the Nano, just working?
Where in Texas are you located ?

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
So I have been digging into what has caused this stupid 1.7.1 OTA screw up and I believe I may have figured out the issue. I believe this is an issue from the 1.6 OTA update where the GWM update gets corrupted during install and some lines of code are missing. Now there is enough there to get the truck thinking the 1.6 OTA software update is good and it starts looking for the next OTA 1.7.1 OTA but it locks up after this and puts us all into OTA purgatory. What's led me to this is that after reading everything here and looking through some TSB's, I decided to take my truck into the dealer today and they were able to get me in right away. I mentioned to the Service Manager the issues with my 1.7.1 OTA not working and its stuck. I seen in some TSB's that the GWM needs to be updated first then the APIM. Now I told my Dealer this beforehand. They attempted to update my truck to 1.7.1 and it did not take. My Dealer said they put the 1.7.1 APIM update USB in but it would error out. So I took my truck home and tonight pulled it up on FORScan. I have a DTC related to the GWM U2403 92 and this has something to do with no communication ethernet to the IPC. So I started to look at my GWM 716 Module and all lines in FORScan. I pulled up my Ford As Built info from the Ford site and between looking at FORScan and the Ford AS Built I am missing 8 lines. All of block 716-54-01 to 716-54-08 is missing in FORScan yet it shows I should have it from my Ford As Built. My original Ford As Built from when the truck was new had lines to 716-48-01. So that leads me to believe that update 1.6 OTA was supposed to add lines 716-49-01 to 716-54-08. Now this may have corrupted for a bunch of us SYNC 4 Job 1 F150's by not installing completely. What also has me thinking its the GWM is that for some of you I have read that have had their APIM changed out and is updated to 1.7.1, still can't get any OTA's even with an updated APIM. Also some of you using FDRS and doing various updates have also been stuck on the APIM update USB having to stay in for weeks sometimes before it catches. Did some of you FDRS guys do a GWM update in between and then this all worked and the 15 -17 other module updates suddenly show up and the APIM update finally worked? So to all of you out there that are still stuck in the System Updates with greyed out enabling Automatic Updates, Notifications, and Update Details that keep showing you are updated but your stuck trying to update to 1.7.1 would you check your FORScan, go to Module 716 and see if your missing the 754-54-01 to 754-54-08 blocks. Maybe there is a simple USB fix and a Call to Ford OTA we can make to ask them to uncorrupt our bad GWM's sending up the wrong info to the mothership that's preventing us from getting future OTA's. This then would maybe get our GWM working proper and get our OTA's working properly again without having to do a Mongoose Plus and Multiple FDRS 2 day licenses at a tune of $1000 out of pocket and updates this way forever at an out of pocket cost to all of us.
I was talking with the Ford OTA group today questioning the OTA system and it’s operability. Long story short is they are supposed to release the update to fix the 1.7.1 problem by the end of the month. They did not say though if this would be another OTA fix or if it would be a dealer fix.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
So after talking with the expert @Jesse-Infotainment I did a PMI on my GWM module. I selected that I installed a new module. Once complete Bluecruise is now available. Not sure what happened during initial GWM update but its all good it works GREAT!!
Awesome! How did you make out with your battery?
Sponsored