• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Started around 9:30 (Eastern), currently on the status monitor camera update. The PCM, PSCM, and CCM are already updated. I think the only other one that was in the list when this set kicked off was the IPMA. I'm assuming I'll have at least one update pop up after this set completes.
Gateway. apim. THose will wrap it up. The IPMA get ready its a beast.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The status monitor camera is 16439 steps and I'm about halfway through. Going fairly quick so far. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't run into any issues ??

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
This might be a dumb question but do you have to sit in the truck while running updates or can you start it and then just check on it every so often?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This might be a dumb question but do you have to sit in the truck while running updates or can you start it and then just check on it every so often?
I'm hanging out in my truck while it's going on because I want to watch the process. I also want to avoid bumping anything, so I'm trying not to get in/out to much for that reason as well. I don't think it'll stop if you leave it do its thing though and wanted to just check in on it periodically. Until this set of updates though, most of them I've done have gone through in 5-10 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure some people posted that they just watch it from outside the truck.

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
I'm hanging out in my truck while it's going on because I want to watch the process. I also want to avoid bumping anything, so I'm trying not to get in/out to much for that reason as well. I don't think it'll stop if you leave it do its thing though and wanted to just check in on it periodically. Until this set of updates though, most of them I've done have gone through in 5-10 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure some people posted that they just watch it from outside the truck.

Thank you. I'm on 2.0 for S/W in my truck so I know I'll have some time spent running all the updates.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
So if you update the CCM it chains the PCM + PSCM. I think I need to avoid these three with the Nano?

I feel like when I was doing update the other month if I picked a module that was part of a chain it would start at the top of the chain and work down..

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Is their a way to tell if usb update was successfully complete. I thought I seen a update successful across the top of screen. But their is no big popup saying done remove usb

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
So if you update the CCM it chains the PCM + PSCM. I think I need to avoid these three with the Nano?

I feel like when I was doing update the other month if I picked a module that was part of a chain it would start at the top of the chain and work down..
The PSCM module will also kick off the CCM/IPMA/CMR/PSCM chain. I'm guessing that if you attempt CCM, PSCM, or IPMA, you're likely going to be updating all 3 modules, so don't try to do any of those with a Nano device.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I think you're on to something. My Job1 truck hasn't received any updates and I have two DTC's - U023A:87-08 (Lost communication with Image Processing Module A) and U2404:92-48 (Ethernet Failure with Image Processing Module A).
Here's what I see in Forscan:
1647698033924.png

Here's my AsBuilt from Ford:
1647698084735.png

Edit: what's also strange is that there wasn't a SW Update for the GWM in FDRS:
1647698300925.png
I reviewed my asbuilt from Oct. 20' to one I just pulled today, Mine looks like yours. On line 716-53-04, asbuilt from ford shows 77EB, but on the asbuilt viewer it only shows 77, and is missing the EB. I see this across several modules as well. Could this be an issue with the asbuilt viewer not decoding all line correctly or is the updates not coding all variables in correctly? It is interesting to say the least. I have received all my powerup updates via OTA without any issues. I have only updated via FDRS: IPC, PDM, DDM, TRM and IPC and have not noticed any issues with the truck nor do i have any CDTC's.

@Jesse-Infotainment, any reason line 716-53-04 in the asbuilt viewer leave off the EB, when the asbuilt file downloads shows it to be 77EB?

I still have the CCM and APIM update to complete. (302A, 5.0L, 4x4 sport)

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Are the characters that are missing the last two in a full set? If so, that may be the checksum set that you see in Forscan. That would be my only guess.

Also @Jesse-Infotainment, to think that bench setup you have there with the mess of wires is all hidden behind the dash, under the hood, and behind panels in the trucks. I wonder how many miles of wire goes into a vehicle these days.

IPMA is in progress. I thought it was going to go quickly, but it seems the long portion of the update is saved until the end. The 10 minute pause at block erase is definitely nerve racking. Going on ~25 minutes of just erasing blocks right now.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I had success with the GWM but doing it via CANBUS, APIM now in progress so let's see how that goes. Too bad the VCM2 is no longer available...
I canceled the Nano I had ordered due to the issues I keep reading about from others. Before I order a Mongoose, I was going to try to convince a friend of mine to let me borrow his Autel programmer. Theoretically any fully compliant J2534-2 would work for this right? He uses his on heavy equipment, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work as a generic passthrough.

Has anyone here used a device other than a Mongoose, VCM or Nano with FRDS for these updates?

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
After the gateway update my update details screen is blank now. Is that normal ?
Sponsored