• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm using the Mongoose. I updated it again and it cleared it up. My GWM has a hanging update that wont go away. Files all seem to be the same everytime. Who knows.

<F10A>ML3T-14J009-EAJ</F10A>
<F110>DSMU5T-14G650-EC</F110>
<F111>MU5T-14H026-DA</F111>
<F113>MU5T-14G650-EAF</F113>
<F16C>ML3T-14J007-EAJ</F16C>
<F17F>1EG1CC0V</F17F>
<F188>ML3T-14H021-EAJ</F188>
<F18C>FUBCH21224031180</F18C>
<F190>1FTFW1RG1MFC28185</F190>
Maybe your last network scan to clean up node F190 will kick up a fresh report to the Ford server and finally clear the update offer from the queue. Sometimes it takes a day.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I just got done test driving a 2022 Tundra with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+. It's basically what BlueCruise Enabled Job 1 trucks have had for over a year now. It will never be hands free, but it works way better than the ford Lane Centering. It doesn't complain for you to put your hands on the wheel when they are already there, you don't have to wrestle it to keep it from crowding the center line, it doesn't chase every exit lane off the interstate. I was really impressed with it.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Maybe your last network scan to clean up node F190 will kick up a fresh report to the Ford server and finally clear the update offer from the queue. Sometimes it takes a day.
Jeb
Is the F190 field supposed to be in all the GWM? Mine doesn’t show my VIN or F190
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1648057137164

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got done test driving a 2022 Tundra with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+. It's basically what BlueCruise Enabled Job 1 trucks have had for over a year now. It will never be hands free, but it works way better than the ford Lane Centering. It doesn't complain for you to put your hands on the wheel when they are already there, you don't have to wrestle it to keep it from crowding the center line, it doesn't chase every exit lane off the interstate. I was really impressed with it.
Sounds like you should buy one.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeb
Is the F190 field supposed to be in all the GWM? Mine doesn’t show my VIN or F190
1648057137164.png
I’ve always seen it. Try doing a new network scan and see what it does. This is odd and I have no answer other than perhaps the last scan you did didn’t report everything up to the server.

I also just noticed that your software version (Node F188) is not the most recent. Strategy should end in ELL, not EKK.

Last edited:

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve always seen it. Try doing a new network scan and see what it does. This is odd and I have no answer other than perhaps the last scan you did didn’t report everything up to the server.

I also just noticed that your software version (Node F188) is not the most recent. Strategy should end in ELL, not EKK.
Should I do a PMI on it. If so do you always select new module? Can't remember.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
So I did an update day before yesterday. How do I update the FDRS when I hook back up to my truck. Normally it asks if the update was successful, but I did a few days later so the computer was shut down.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
So I did an update day before yesterday. How do I update the FDRS when I hook back up to my truck. Normally it asks if the update was successful, but I did a few days later so the computer was shut down.
it will scan the truck and get the new module. was this an APIM update?

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Should I do a PMI on it. If so do you always select new module? Can't remember.
No, I wouldn’t do that yet. Are you getting any DTCs? Has the GWM update cleared from the S/W tab in FDRS? If you don’t have DTCs and the GWM update isn’t being offered anymore, I’d do a fresh network scan and check again in the morning. Give it some time to propagate to the as-built database before doing anything else. Remember, what you are seeing in @tonesto7 ’s widget is NOT your local programming. It’s only the as-built data backed up onto the Motorcraft site.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
GWM and an IPC popped up
i wouldn't disconnect the truck. once you start an update, you gotta commit to it, even with the USB updates. a lot of times it will end up OK, but you really want it to validate the updated software and do any additional programming, ESPECIALLY with the GWM.....

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, I wouldn’t do that yet. Are you getting any DTCs? Has the GWM update cleared from the S/W tab in FDRS? If you don’t have DTCs and the GWM update isn’t being offered anymore, I’d do a fresh network scan and check again in the morning. Give it some time to propagate to the as-built database before doing anything else. Remember, what you are seeing in @tonesto7 ’s widget is NOT your local programming. It’s only the as-built data backed up onto the Motorcraft site.
Nope no DTC's everything green. I updated it like 3-4 weeks ago. The only thing in the updates field is GSM, the normal re-occurring update.
I also did a network scan\refresh a few days ago.
I don't see an F190 field in FDRS either under GWM.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
i wouldn't disconnect the truck. once you start an update, you gotta commit to it, even with the USB updates. a lot of times it will end up OK, but you really want it to validate the updated software and do any additional programming, ESPECIALLY with the GWM.....
GWM asked me to use USB and continue to drive around and that took a couple of days to index and complete so I had to disconnect.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nope no DTC's everything green. I updated it like 3-4 weeks ago.
I don't see an F190 field in FDRS either under GWM.
There is a new GWM that came down since you last updated. You won’t get it until you apply the most recent IPMA update, which also came down since you last updated. Maybe that’s the issue. I don’t remember what was in the GWM update prior to this one. But DON’T do a PMI. Wrong tool for this.

If you are still using a Nano, you probably are stuck where you are for now.
Sponsored