• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Before you do that, start up your truck and check to see if your instrument cluster comes up normally. If all looks good, shut back down and go into FDRS and do a new network scan. See if you have any DTCs. If all you’re getting is U2100–Failure to configure, try a PMI selecting new module and see if that clears you up. Then do another network scan and see if the IPC update is still there.
Instrument cluster looks good. No DTC’s in IPC. only DTC I have is U2101 in the IPMA which I’m figuring is related to my pre-collision assist error on the cluster screen.
Sponsored

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Is this the fix for APIM not updating with USB?? OMG
I'm not 100% sure, but it makes sense that it is since it seems to interface directly into the APIM using ethernet to run a module repair procedure, then instructs you to update to APIM normally through USB.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Instrument cluster looks good. No DTC’s in IPC. only DTC I have is U2101 in the IPMA which I’m figuring is related to my pre-collision assist error on the cluster screen.
Have you made FORScan changes to the IPMA? If you have you need to have @Bob_Mac talk you through changing them back and then updating the IPMA. Once that’s done, you can turn back to the IPC. See if a new network scan clears the IPC offer.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Have you made FORScan changes to the IPMA? If you have you need to have @Bob_Mac talk you through changing them back and then updating the IPMA. Once that’s done, you can turn back to the IPC. See if a new network scan clears the IPC offer.
Don't forget the IPC has 2 updates, the first a USB and second the CAN Bus... configuration is done in the CAN Bus update... let's see if he replies to the IPMA first

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
I have and tried to restore my original backup in forscan but got a “configure structure mismatch”. Ironically my ipma update went through successfully and is no longer in my s/w updates list. Below is a screen shot of the error. I’m even getting it during a PMI

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS CED8E284-FE3F-4E82-9549-12B2BC3CBD8D

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't forget the IPC has 2 updates, the first a USB and second the CAN Bus... configuration is done in the CAN Bus update... let's see if he replies to the IPMA first
I haven’t forgotten. He said the USB went through fine and that it failed at the configuration stage of the CAN bus step. So he doesn’t need to do a full CAN bus reprogramming, which dupes the part he already did via USB.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
I haven’t forgotten. He said the USB went through fine and that it failed at the configuration stage of the CAN bus step. So he doesn’t need to do a full CAN bus reprogramming, which dupes the part he already did via USB.
He shouldn't have to, it will see that his USB went fine if it actually did...

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
@Skier167.

Problems with the IPC have come up before, particularly failure to configure. Some of that discussion, and the fixes, can be found beginning here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-181745
So my IPC is screwed up, has a U2100 which I can't PMI, and I can't configure. I keep being told to be patient, it will clear up. But looking at the link you set there, my as-built data looks corrupted, even though I am using a Mongoose.

I have

F120: MU5T-10F906-FDA (Correct)
F188: ML3T-14C026-CPB (Should be ML3T-14C026-CPC if it is on USB update or Mu5T-10F906-FCA if the Canbus update passed)

I'm suspecting this is why FDRS will not release the last APIM and GTWY to me, because my IPC is hosed up.

Now I"ve pulled this data from the widget, is there a way to get it from Forescan or FDRS?

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He shouldn't have to, it will see that his USB went fine if it actually did...
He might end up having to do a CAN bus update. But I think it’s worth trying something more conservative first. I too had a problem with the IPC failing to configure and I ended up fixing it with a short PMI. His situation might be different, and if it is, he isn’t’ out much time trying a lighter touch first.

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
change the 8 8A50 A218 AE51 to a 5
@Bob_Mac thank you! That cleared my IPMA DTC

for the IPC I compared it to the post Jesse made a while back and the first part of the update is up to date and it’s the 2nd half of the Ipc update I need to complete.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
@Bob_Mac thank you! That cleared my IPMA DTC

for the IPC I compared it to the post Jesse made a while back and the first part of the update is up to date and it’s the 2nd half of the Ipc update I need to complete.
Try @JEB 's way first but I'm betting you may need to fail it and push the CANBus route and let it force it

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
So my IPC is screwed up, has a U2100 which I can't PMI, and I can't configure. I keep being told to be patient, it will clear up. But looking at the link you set there, my as-built data looks corrupted, even though I am using a Mongoose.

I have

F120: MU5T-10F906-FDA (Correct)
F188: ML3T-14C026-CPB (Should be ML3T-14C026-CPC if it is on USB update or Mu5T-10F906-FCA if the Canbus update passed)

I'm suspecting this is why FDRS will not release the last APIM and GTWY to me, because my IPC is hosed up.

Now I"ve pulled this data from the widget, is there a way to get it from Forescan or FDRS?
i answered my own stupid question, I can see the data in FDRS, it is corrupted there as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS A52842B8-D459-430A-A367-2121D4CBB11D

Am I destined for a dealer trip? How the hell do I fix a corrupted module?
Sponsored