• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Hey guys can you ”cancel” from FDRS a PMI on the IPC part of the way through? Or will something mess up? Curious if hitting the cancel button will screw everything up. I had the U2100 DTC and tried the usb and didn’t work so option for over canbus but this is taking forever and I need my truck. Let me know thanks guys.
Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I started mine this afternoon and after 5 hours it’s still going. How did Ford ever think they could send this much data over the air?

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Hey guys can you ”cancel” from FDRS a PMI on the IPC part of the way through? Or will something mess up? Curious if hitting the cancel button will screw everything up. I had the U2100 DTC and tried the usb and didn’t work so option for over canbus but this is taking forever and I need my truck. Let me know thanks guys.
i have canceled a few times with no issues....

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Day 5 with USB in truck and no APIM update
You and me both! I’ve done long drives, short drives, towing drives, and a couple sitting and running. It reads the usb on most stars (My stick has a blinks light) but never prompts for anything.

is the prompt pretty obvious? Could CarPlay “Hide” it perchance? Would love for someone to find a “hack” to get that first sticky APIM unstuck.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
You and me both! I’ve done long drives, short drives, towing drives, and a couple sitting and running. It reads the usb on most stars (My stick has a blinks light) but never prompts for anything.

is the prompt pretty obvious? Could CarPlay “Hide” it perchance? Would love for someone to find a “hack” to get that first sticky APIM unstuck.
it is obvious, you will not miss it.

Here is the trick to getting it unstuck:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/1-7-1-install-failed-no-ota-fix-fix-now-at-dealers.8887/

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
i have canceled a few times with no issues....
I would be careful. This needs to be prefixed with when. If you just started and cancel ok but some people are in the middle of files being written so we need to be careful what we say and get some info about the exact situation before really saying yes or no

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Let us know if this works!
Who, me? I can’t. I’m up to date. This is just a theory I’ve kicked around. The hope is that it operates as a hard reboot of the APIM, causing it to recognize the drive once it powers back up. But I can’t actually test it myself.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
I would be careful. This needs to be prefixed with when. If you just started and cancel ok but some people are in the middle of files being written so we need to be careful what we say and get some info about the exact situation before really saying yes or no
I was just speaking from my experiance with the update process and I also cancled in many different points including file transfers. But you are correct and i stand corrected not all situations are the same.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was just speaking from my experiance with the update process and I also cancled in many different points including file transfers. But you are correct and i stand corrected not all situations are the same.
I wasn’t trying to correct. Just in general it’s something to be careful if you cancel after an erase of blocks?
We just need to be causations with the thread and what’s in it so people don’t read one post and think it’s ok in all situations.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jesse. I can’t remember, but aren’t there some protections in FDRS that prevent cancellation after a certain point? I recall seeing the “cancel” button grayed out once FDRS got to a certain point in the update process.

But what you absolutely don’t want to do is log out, pull the plug or do something else like that to stop the process. If the cancel button is grayed out, you probably better just let it keep going or you’re likely to brick the module.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Jesse. I can’t remember, but aren’t there some protections in FDRS that prevent cancellation after a certain point? I recall seeing the “cancel” button grayed out once FDRS got to a certain point in the update process.

But what you absolutely don’t want to do is log out, pull the plug or do something else like that to stop the process. If the cancel button is grayed out, you probably better just let it keep going or you’re likely to brick the module.
That was the only time i cancled when it gave me the option. Never did the other and also would not suggest that

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Well This is just an example but one person is here

I would suggest it is not a good idea to stop here during the IPC .
It does grey out I think but if it doesn’t .. this would probably be the worst time to do it

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS DBFF5CEE-DE82-4045-BE6B-AD1213E78230

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well This is just an example but one person is here

I would suggest it is not a good idea to stop here during the IPC .
It does grey out I think but if it doesn’t .. this would probably be the worst time to do it

DBFF5CEE-DE82-4045-BE6B-AD1213E78230.jpeg
Unless you actually need a doorstop. Then this would be a great time.
Sponsored