Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I finally got BlueCruise activated this morning but I noticed my cameras were not working at speed. I forgot I did change some settings a while back to active some at speed.
what is the best way to fix this now? I have my original values but am concerned that if the updates changed something I would be changing it back to the original values. Can I just download the As-Built to a job2 truck and make mine match or is there a better way to address this?
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I finally got BlueCruise activated this morning but I noticed my cameras were not working at speed. I forgot I did change some settings a while back to active some at speed.
what is the best way to fix this now? I have my original values but am concerned that if the updates changed something I would be changing it back to the original values. Can I just download the As-Built to a job2 truck and make mine match or is there a better way to address this?
@Jesse-Infotainment gave me great guidance for unlocking cameras at speed. You need to use FORScan to make the following changes to the APIM, assuming you have the most recent updates.

7D0-01-02 - AXXX-XXXX-XXXX
7D0-01-03 -X2XX-XXXX-XXXX
7D0-01-04 - XXXX-FXXX-XXXX

The second change might already have been made with the last round of updates. It was for me. I only needed to make the first and third changes. But the changes make a big difference. After the changes, you should have the same functionality as Job 2 and MY ‘22 trucks.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Jesse-Infotainment gave me great guidance for unlocking cameras at speed. You need to use FORScan to make the following changes to the APIM, assuming you have the most recent updates.

The second change might already have been made with the last round of updates. It was for me. I only needed to make the first and third changes. But the changes make a big difference. After the changes, you should have the same functionality as Job 2 and MY ‘22 trucks.
Excellent thanks!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Doing updates all day today and started with the GWM, went well (via USB), so moved on to the IPMA which dragged in a bunch of it's dependencies for updating as well.. all good.

Did the PCM which also updated some of it's friends....still good.

Haven't seen the TCU needing an update, but I did get the IPC needing one, and re-formatted my 64gb USB 3.0 drive and FDRS proceeded to download around 177mb of stuff to the drive. I followed the on screen instructions (and even turned on my engine like it said) but putting the thumb drive into the slot resulted in the drive being recognized and .....that's it....nothing else. No message saying not to remove the drive (which is supposed to be the thing that kicks off the update, etc)....

So I retried with the USB after clicking the message to say "it wasn't successful", removing the thumb drive and reformatting again, and then retrying the USB process a second time. Same result after waiting several minutes for the "Do not remove USB" message I again selected "Update not successful" and am now in the process of trying the CAN bus method (which "can take up to 5 hours" apparently). Why this might take 5 hours to update the instrument cluster with a data file that is roughly 177mg to begin with I don't know. But so far this has been the only hiccup all day.

I think I've done everything else (have to double-check though) to get BC to start showing up as available, but won't know until the IPC gets done.

Some notes on the process; I'm using the Mongoose, and the recommended Logix charger/PS and that's been brilliant. Rarely does the voltage drop below 13.7.

I haven't seen this mentioned and it may be obvious but you should make sure your HVAC is set to completely off, as well as your headlight switch. During some phases of the programming I did today I returned to the truck to find that the truck had reset the headlight switch to "Auto" once the programming had completed (lights were on)....so I always check that when I start a programming sequence to make sure it's turned back off again to minimized the voltage drain.

If all this goes well I'm going to tackle my Mach-E next. As I doubt very seriously that there will be a mass of OTA downloads within the next 4 days (by Mar 31st) to magically turn on my BC in my Job 1 Mach-E. Guess I'll have to do it myself.

Big props to all the smart folks who are happy to share what they know. It's been a long thread but worth the time spent reading it all. Thanks,

Mike

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Why this might take 5 hours to update the instrument cluster with a data file that is roughly 177mg to begin with I don't know. But so far this has been the only hiccup all day.
Canbus is agonizingly slow, that is why.

Edit this chart below is from the Forscan forum ( Believe the Mongoose is similar to a VMCII):

==============================================

Ford VCMII genuine with hardware ISO15765 – 1000Kb/min

vLinker FS with hardware ISO15765 – 800-1000Kb/min

ELS27 with hardware ISO15765 – 700-900Kb/min

OBDLink EX with hardware ISO15765 – 700-900Kb/min

Ford VCMII genuine with software ISO15765 – 200-300 Kb/min

ELS27 with software ISO15765 -200-300 Kb/min (on 2-8 Mbps baud rate)

OBDLink EX with software ISO15765 – 200 Kb/min (on 2Mbps baud rate)

ELM327 with software ISO15765 – 100 Kb/min (on 500 Kbps baud rate).

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

the only one that was off on line was the 01-04

however I still do not have cameras at speed. I can turn on the camera when stopped but as soon as I start moving it goes away with no response from the hard button. Side screen with bed camera works fine

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

however I still do not have cameras at speed. I can turn on the camera when stopped but as soon as I start moving it goes away with no response from the hard button. Side screen with bed camera works fine
I don’t know what to tell you except to PM @Jesse-Infotainment and ask him to look at your as-built data. He might be able to spot something. Tell him what trim line you have and the date of manufacture. If your truck is a Job 1, for example, what he’ll do is try to find a Job 2 or ‘22 truck equipped like yours and then compare your as-built to the AB of the newer truck for differences. Someone here might also be able to do this for you. It’s a little out of my league.

Long-shot: Have you tried to reboot your APIM? It might need a restart for your changes to take full effect.

For the immediate term, you can activate your cameras at speed (some of them) by first activating the bed cam from the side card. THEN push the dash button.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Can you message your vin please ?

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Canbus is agonizingly slow, that is why.

Edit this chart below is from the Forscan forum ( Believe the Mongoose is similar to a VMCII):

==============================================

Ford VCMII genuine with hardware ISO15765 – 1000Kb/min

vLinker FS with hardware ISO15765 – 800-1000Kb/min

ELS27 with hardware ISO15765 – 700-900Kb/min

OBDLink EX with hardware ISO15765 – 700-900Kb/min

Ford VCMII genuine with software ISO15765 – 200-300 Kb/min

ELS27 with software ISO15765 -200-300 Kb/min (on 2-8 Mbps baud rate)

OBDLink EX with software ISO15765 – 200 Kb/min (on 2Mbps baud rate)

ELM327 with software ISO15765 – 100 Kb/min (on 500 Kbps baud rate).
Well it's finally started on Block 5 of 5 (of the IPC) ...with only 28,180 blocks to write at an average of 1 block per second...around 7 hours and 49 minutes...so if nothing goes wrong it should finish around 0100 in the morning tomorrow. I'll set my alarm......

Mike

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well it's finally started on Block 5 of 5 (of the IPC) ...with only 28,180 blocks to write at an average of 1 block per second...around 7 hours and 49 minutes...so if nothing goes wrong it should finish around 0100 in the morning tomorrow. I'll set my alarm......

Mike
It will be about 3 hours.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
@Jesse-Infotainment this is probably a stupid question but should those of us who've done these massive amounts of update be refreshing (redownloading) our as-built information from Forscan? I don't truly understand how the as-builts get updated (or do they) but I feel like something needs to be refreshed. Thoughts?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment this is probably a stupid question but should those of us who've done these massive amounts of update be refreshing (redownloading) our as-built information from Forscan? I don't truly understand how the as-builts get updated (or do they) but I feel like something needs to be refreshed. Thoughts?
Not stupid at all.

These trucks will self report their as built to the data base. So any change you make outside I think BCM, and ACM, maybe another one or two will change on line. That is part of what cuased issues for people doing updates.

I would suggest htat you actually save all your as built from the modules in forscan. You can save it online as well as long as you know what it is in terms of if it reflects changes you have made or not.

These updates brought changes in the modules as build that if you were to try and load old data to the IPMA you would be asking for trpouble.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Not stupid at all.

These trucks will self report their as built to the data base. So any change you make outside I think BCM, and ACM, maybe another one or two will change on line. That is part of what cuased issues for people doing updates.

I would suggest htat you actually save all your as built from the modules in forscan. You can save it online as well as long as you know what it is in terms of if it reflects changes you have made or not.

These updates brought changes in the modules as build that if you were to try and load old data to the IPMA you would be asking for trpouble.
I saved all my modules from way back before I started any updates, so I'll go ahead and save them all again so I'm current of sorts. Appreciate the the info!
Sponsored