First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
True. It doesn’t say that the update is readily available in the recall. But there is a service procedure on it, weather that’s been officially released, I don’t know. But I guess it’s communication we’ve been waiting for.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
True. It doesn’t say that the update is readily available in the recall. But there is a service procedure on it, weather that’s been officially released, I don’t know. But I guess it’s communication we’ve been waiting for.
I’ve seen the service procedure. What’s your point?

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Why would a detailed service procedure be available for dealers to currently perform the fix if the update isn’t released? What’s even more confusing is it points to an ITRM module in the module list for FDRS that doesn’t seem to exist.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i also don’t see any ITRM module on the LH side like the procedure states. Is that a mistake or are we missing something here?
For some reason ITRM is used in written communications but it doesn’t show up in any of the electronic scans of the vehicles covered by the recall I’ve seen. @Jesse-Infotainment , who has better access than any of us, confirmed for me that ITRM references the same network address (791) where we know the TRM resides. So its the same animal.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why would a detailed service procedure be available for dealers to currently perform the fix if the update isn’t released? What’s even more confusing is it points to an ITRM module in the module list for FDRS that doesn’t seem to exist.
Why would it matter if the instructions to the public who would be demanding the service haven’t been advised to make an appointment yet? We can go on like this forever.

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
Hi Wayne. Did the dealer state the remedy was available?
They did not explicitly say it was ready - they said they require a week advance notice on recall service and I'm assuming that is to see what it involves on their end. I'll call the day before to confirm it's going to happen, but I'm optimistic since it's software?

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
What's concerning to me is that my service order from the other day shows that Recall 22S17 is completed now. I just happened to be there for something else and they did it on their own. I wonder how/if I'll find out that I don't have the correct version? I guess I'll keep a close eye on this thread...

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
What's concerning to me is that my service order from the other day shows that Recall 22S17 is completed now. I just happened to be there for something else and they did it on their own. I wonder how/if I'll find out that I don't have the correct version? I guess I'll keep a close eye on this thread...
There's a way to check the software version that is installed from an iPhone, you can post it and we can compare the version to what I installed last week before the recall was released. The version I have was released in Feb. If its a later version, it could tell us that you have a newer one.

to get the module info, the Ford Pass Widget would need to be installed in an iPhone.
(1) FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Here is mine, updated when the TRM came out in February timeframe.

Ford F-150 Lightning Trailer brake not working BE2C91D5-3B23-4D1F-ABE4-89ED7B3B82EE

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, it’s just a waiting game at this point and watching here and the ECU thread is probably a good idea..

If those of us who already have the February update see another update within the next few weeks, then it’s pretty clear that the second update is the recall. By contrast, if nothing shows up for us by the time the recall letters start going out, that’s pretty good confirmation that the February updates were more of an omnibus that covered both some earlier issues and the recall. We are the canaries in the coal mine.

tderouchie

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Seems to be available in Canada? My truck went in yesterday for the insulation recall, and they did the trailer update while it was there. Haven't tried it out though, since my trailer is put away for another month.
Mine is done as well

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
We really need to merge these threads...

It was posted in the RECALL thread that Ford won't release the fix for this until mid-April.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is done as well
I’m with @UGADawg96 on this one. You received A TRM update. I think it highly unlikely you received THE TRM update. Your dealer certainly wouldn’t know which was which. I expect you received the update released in February which corrected a different issue described in an SSM.
Sponsored