Trailer brake not working

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Seems to be available in Canada? My truck went in yesterday for the insulation recall, and they did the trailer update while it was there. Haven't tried it out though, since my trailer is put away for another month.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Seems to be available in Canada? My truck went in yesterday for the insulation recall, and they did the trailer update while it was there. Haven't tried it out though, since my trailer is put away for another month.
You might have gotten it. But be on the alert for this possibility: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/post-193344

Has anybody with access to FDRS who applied the update released in late February gotten notice of a second update?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
Good luck. You might want to call your dealer tomorrow before going in on Friday. The software still hasn’t been posted to FDRS yet, so the dealer might not know it doesn’t have it. Hate to see you waste the trip.
I couldn't get a hold of anyone with knowledge at the dealer and since no one has posted an update here that FDRS has the updated software, I rescheduled my appt for late next week.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Has anybody with access to FDRS who applied the update released in late February gotten notice of a second update?
I did the update in February when it first came out. If someone doesn't mind checking my VIN to see if a second TRM module update is waiting I'd appreciate it.

1FTFW1E85MFA49677

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the update in February when it first came out. If someone doesn't mind checking my VIN to see if a second TRM module update is waiting I'd appreciate it.

1FTFW1E85MFA49677
You and I were working on this stuff at about the same time, if I recall correctly. I bet there’s nothing new. I’d check, but I’m also having someone check for me. Nada.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Thanks! Appreciate it. I think the dealers might not know what they’re applying. They just see TRM software and assume its the recall.
Agree, but it would be odd that Ford would release the recall instructions dated 6 days ago and prior to the update being available. Not that it wouldn't happen, but it would be odd.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Are we certain that the end of February TRM update doesn't fix the alarm/disconnect issue AND the trailer brake problem? There's no technical reason that one update can't fix a bunch of issues. It would be great if they included the software revision(s) to look for so people could know if they are updated or not.

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter

1FTFW1E85MFA49677
Ford F-150 Lightning Trailer brake not working 16487706035203216179836295315380
nothing showing

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Are we certain that the end of February TRM update doesn't fix the alarm/disconnect issue AND the trailer brake problem? There's no technical reason that one update can't fix a bunch of issues. It would be great if they included the software revision(s) to look for so people could know if they are updated or not.
Yes that would be nice...but we still dont have a way on our own to clear a recall from showing up against our VIN

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Is there a way to test it out? I pulled my TT a few times before and after the TRM update but never had any issues.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree, but it would be odd that Ford would release the recall instructions dated 6 days ago and prior to the update being available. Not that it wouldn't happen, but it would be odd.
I guess I’ll take the other side of the “odd” argument. Reading the text of the recall notice itself, nothing in it says that the software is immediately available and owners should make an appointment. To the contrary, it says “owners will be notified by mail and instructed to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer. . . .” A future event.

There are four reasons I can think of why Ford might choose to issue notice now even though the software is not yet available for the dealers to install: (1) keep the regulators happy; (2) keep the owners who have complained happy by letting them know that there is something in the works; (3) keep the dealers from continuing to ask for module replacements because it’s not a hardware issue; and (4) warn owners who aren’t forum dwellers that there is a problem with the controller and that they need to be careful until they are informed that the software is available.

I find nothing odd about preparation in advance of the availability of the software itself.
Sponsored