• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got order invite today (4/12/2022)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I put my order in 4/12, dealer accepted 4/13. No build date yet. My reservation date was 5/19.

CherryT

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (soon?)
Occupation
Programmer
Meanwhile tons of first day reservation holders keep waiting for an invite ?.

I'm happy for you... Just pissed at Ford.
Same - first day reservation. I signed up in the first hour the site was up.

My guess is it's not me, but also my dealership. My local rural guys seem to have no idea about electric or why anyone would want one. This really sucks because my car is on it's last legs and I might have to buy another beater to limp along until this truck gets here. Also have a reservation on R1T with 400 mile battery, but that got pushed back to 2024!

I just found this site and I'm honestly a bit bummed to see so many people already were able to place orders when I put my reservation in so early.

Now I have no idea how soon I might expect to be able to order... maybe not this year at all? Is it worth changing dealerships to a more "preferred" dealer?

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Same - first day reservation. I signed up in the first hour the site was up.

My guess is it's not me, but also my dealership. My local rural guys seem to have no idea about electric or why anyone would want one. This really sucks because my car is on it's last legs and I might have to buy another beater to limp along until this truck gets here. Also have a reservation on R1T with 400 mile battery, but that got pushed back to 2024!

I just found this site and I'm honestly a bit bummed to see so many people already were able to place orders when I put my reservation in so early.

Now I have no idea how soon I might expect to be able to order... maybe not this year at all? Is it worth changing dealerships to a more "preferred" dealer?
You are mostly affected by your dealer. So either they prioritized people ahead of you back in December. This means they may only have received 2 allocations for 2022 model year. Or there was 2 people that reserved faster than you. Possibly but less likely at a small dealer.

Ford prioritizes zev states and bigger dealers. If you could try moving your reservation to a zev dealer and likely skip 99% of ther other reservations. Then you may get one of the first 2023 model years at the end of summer.

You feel what they are doing is shitty but what if 300 people who reserved in one hour was all at the same dealership.

Ford is doing many things be as efficient as possible. This includes building vehicles I'm batches of similar trim and shipping vehicles somewhat evenly across the country to dealers in similar areas. This also helps increase their marketing and exposure.

Otherwise all the trucks would be in California and the rest of the country would never even see one.

I reserved at a small local dealer and got extremely lucky that people canceled their orders ahead of me. That is because I am in a non zev state. Ohio has almost no allocations. I will be one of the few in summer. I was close to moving my reservation to maryland.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My small town dealer had 9 reservations. Mine was #3 in line and they originally told me they were being allocated 5. They ended up getting only 1. We’ll see how it plays out!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
You are mostly affected by your dealer. So either they prioritized people ahead of you back in December. This means they may only have received 2 allocations for 2022 model year. Or there was 2 people that reserved faster than you. Possibly but less likely at a small dealer.

Ford prioritizes zev states and bigger dealers.
If you could try moving your reservation to a zev dealer and likely skip 99% of ther other reservations. Then you may get one of the first 2023 model years at the end of summer.

You feel what they are doing is shitty but what if 300 people who reserved in one hour was all at the same dealership.

Ford is doing many things be as efficient as possible. This includes building vehicles I'm batches of similar trim and shipping vehicles somewhat evenly across the country to dealers in similar areas. This also helps increase their marketing and exposure.

Otherwise all the trucks would be in California and the rest of the country would never even see one.

I reserved at a small local dealer and got extremely lucky that people canceled their orders ahead of me. That is because I am in a non zev state. Ohio has almost no allocations. I will be one of the few in summer. I was close to moving my reservation to maryland.
The dealer is a large factor in their allocations - I called around closer dealers and most of them said they received under 5 or under 10 allocations.

My dealer (I chose 2 counties further away) had 50 allocations and my order came up as a final clean up wave only because their early wave customers decided to extend their reservations and get a MY'23.

I am so glad I researched dealers (no ADM) before putting in my original reservation on the 2nd day after launch. Even after a year's reservation wait, they still stuck to their word and are selling customer ordered F150L at MSRP - no ADM - no dealer installed junk/3rd party accessories.

Just sent my Docusigned order to my dealer this week:
Ford F-150 Lightning Got order invite today (4/12/2022) Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 6.40.28 AM

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Meanwhile tons of first day reservation holders keep waiting for an invite ?.

I'm happy for you... Just pissed at Ford.
I fully agree with your position. Why should someone that made a reservation in October be able to get an order placed when there are still thousands that made a reservation on 5/19 in the first hour that cannot due to the dealership they chose. I am very fortunate that I have been able to place an order due to having made my reservation in the first five minutes the system was operational and with getting a dealership by roll of the dice that is not playing the games that many others are.

Fords lack of up front explanation of how the reservation process was going to work with dealer allocations, dealer voluntary prioritizations and preference to ZEV states has made this entire process a Charlie Foxtrot from the perspective of someone that has never purchased a Ford before.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was surprised & happy to order a Lariat ER Anitmatter Blue on 4/12. I was first on the list of 20 according to my local small town dealer. I'm the only reservation they had so far. I had given up on a 22 & hoping I'd get a 23. I reserved on 5/26 and had never ordered from the dealer before, so assuming they didn't prioritize anyone or the ones they did declined to order now.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I was surprised & happy to order a Lariat ER Anitmatter Blue on 4/12. I was first on the list of 20 according to my local small town dealer. I'm the only reservation they had so far. I had given up on a 22 & hoping I'd get a 23. I reserved on 5/26 and had never ordered from the dealer before, so assuming they didn't prioritize anyone or the ones they did declined to order now.
Your comments make me thing that someone ahead of me didn't skip out on 22. I was like 3 or 4 at my dealer at one point. So maybe they just got a 3rd allocation. They certainly didn't know about the allocation because they don't pay attention and the main guy was on vacation last week. So it delayed confirming my order. I hope that doesn't put me back too far.

I reserved on the 24th. My guess is the dealer got another allocation and I got extremely lucky that ford chose my small area of ohio. Ford chooses state, dealership, and then reservation by timestamp.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Also received invitation on 4/12, and just placed order of Lariat ER. Was hesitating since I don't need it. But given inflation and parts shortage, I guess it is wise to buy it since price would jump for sure.

I also ordered a Model X last May when I had no idea at all if I really want it, now price is $25k higher. I really think F150 price would jump as well.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I hope that doesn't put me back too far.
You could be pleasantly surprised to get picked up in the production scheduling during the month of July, seems that the May & June schedule is getting firmed up with few folks getting pushed ahead and a few moved back.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
BTW, for 4/12 wave, any idea when will production start and when can we expect to get them?

I think we can all get $7500 tax credit.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
We will definitely get the tax credit as it will be a 2022 MY Lightning according to the IRS.

As for my final wave order, I put in my order for a base, no optioned Lariat SR because I didn't want to have delays due to parts or module shortages...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
BTW, for 4/12 wave, any idea when will production start and when can we expect to get them?

Best guess is that we will get scheduled in early May with build dates in late July or August. Deliveries will be 45 to 60 days after that, so September or October.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Could be anytime in July & August, pretty sure you will have a truck before the credit begins phase out
Sponsored