Sponsored

Charge settings just don't work - app and in-car UI

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Can't set max charge level for previously visited chargers in the app. It let me save one, but on all subsequent attempts it's hung for a long time, then said FordPass is unavailable, please try again later.

On one occasion it said my car was asleep, please wake it by locking or unlocking. After I did that, went back to "Ford Pass is unavailable".

Can't set the max charge level for the current session in the app, functionality doesn't exist.

Can *set* the one-time max charge level in the vehicle but it doesn't have any effect! My truck just charged to 100% after I carefully set it to 90%.

Ford's charging controls and info aren't just way behind the competition, they're actually dysfunctional. Most features aren't there and as I have learned over the past few days, even what's there seems to not work.

Hoping they fix this soon.
Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
do these features work in the MME software? Did they change something for Lightning or is it broken in both place?

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Can't set max charge level for previously visited chargers in the app. It let me save one, but on all subsequent attempts it's hung for a long time, then said FordPass is unavailable, please try again later.

On one occasion it said my car was asleep, please wake it by locking or unlocking. After I did that, went back to "Ford Pass is unavailable".

Can't set the max charge level for the current session in the app, functionality doesn't exist.

Can *set* the one-time max charge level in the vehicle but it doesn't have any effect! My truck just charged to 100% after I carefully set it to 90%.

Ford's charging controls and info aren't just way behind the competition, they're actually dysfunctional. Most features aren't there and as I have learned over the past few days, even what's there seems to not work.

I had a similar experience and was finally able to get my one charging location saved after numerous attempts. I have not tried my preferred charging limits, yet. Same message "FordPass is unavailable, please try again later".

I am also having issues with the app not recognizing the Ford Charge Station Pro in the FordPass App, the FCSP Setup App and the station SSID is not visible in any of my devices to allow setup. The silver lining is that the charger works fine, at charging. I just can't get it to communicate with the app.

I supposed these are the hiccups to be expected for early deliveries. I can almost hear the snickering from the folks waiting for delivery.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer

I have the same problem. Despite setting a charge level, the truck always charges to 100%.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Make sure you select "Use preferred charge settings", not "Charge when plugged in".

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Make sure you select "Use preferred charge settings", not "Charge when plugged in".
Thank you for this, missed that check box and was having same question.

OP
OP

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Unfortunately, I have that set...for the only charger it'll let me save. Still can't save any more, same error every time as mentioned above and confirmed by others.

The app's charging features are, speaking as someone who's spent 30 years working on a wide variety of both embedded and non-embedded software, poorly specified, poorly implemented junk. They would be worse than what the competition has been offering for years if they worked - which they simply don't.

Ford needs to put the A team on this stuff and make it as good as the rest of the truck. It will hold them back if they don't.

OP
OP

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
The hits keep coming. Latest observation: future charge times are shown with AM and PM swapped in the app (the vehicle gets it right on the onboard screen).

Even when you're already charging - it'll claim a midnight session is going to complete at 3PM when in fact it will complete at 3AM.

I guess it is a good thing if Ford did not have enough software quality control to go around, they responsibly used it all up on the core driving / safety related features of the truck itself... Shame they obviously did not do any meaningful testing on the app, however.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
The hits keep coming. Latest observation: future charge times are shown with AM and PM swapped in the app (the vehicle gets it right on the onboard screen).

Even when you're already charging - it'll claim a midnight session is going to complete at 3PM when in fact it will complete at 3AM.

I guess it is a good thing if Ford did not have enough software quality control to go around, they responsibly used it all up on the core driving / safety related features of the truck itself... Shame they obviously did not do any meaningful testing on the app, however.
Did you submit an APP STORE review & rating with your technical feedback?
Sponsored