• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How dark of a window tint %?

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I plan on getting the windows tinted. Would make sense to match the tint of the rear windows. Anyone know how dark the tint is?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I don't know it's percentage, but I know it is darker than legal for from windows in TX. So you may run into that and need to find a shop that will do it to match depending on your laws.

I'll likely stay legal which means the front windows won't be as dark as the back ones.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
There are tools to measure the tint and the calculate what will need to be applied.
As was stated, check local laws.
I would imagine and reputable tint shop can do all of this for you and will know exactly what is legal.

Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I had 70% SunTek ceramic installed on all the door windows and windshield today. Apparently I need to wait 3-4 days for it to dry though? Never had tint before. Honestly it's a bit darker than I expected. I was lead to believe 70% would look like I had no tint at all since all I really cared about was heat reduction. You can definitely tell there's tint now. Hoping it clears up after it dries but there is a blue hue to it I wasn't expecting. Wishing I had done 80% now that I know it was an option. The shop I went too didn't have that today.

Last edited:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
What's a smart number to tint the moonroof? No legal issues there just wondering what's a good number to tint that to where you can still see out but it blocks a good amount. 20%, 15%?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That map is misleading. It shows Michigan as allowing "any" tint. That is only true for rear windows. Any tint at all on the front windows or windshield is a violation. The only exception is a for a 6" brow on the windshield.

You can not only get a fix-it ticket to pull the tint off, you now get assessed points on your license.

Ask me how I know.

MacMike

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
That map is misleading. It shows Michigan as allowing "any" tint. That is only true for rear windows. Any tint at all on the front windows or windshield is a violation. The only exception is a for a 6" brow on the windshield.

You can not only get a fix-it ticket to pull the tint off, you now get assessed points on your license.

Ask me how I know.
Full state laws are explained when you put your state in.

https://windowtintlaws.us/michigan/

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician