• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sirius XM Best pricing offers - ?? Please share

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Years ago I paid for Sirius XM for many years and said I wasn't going to pay it anymore. I've got the medium Pandora account and with CarPlay now I figure that is truly sufficient for the most part.

Then today, they are already amping up their special pricing earlier than I thought they would. I still have another month of the 3 free and figured the really good pricing offers wouldn't come until the free expired.

The offer today is $5/month for 2 years plus taxes and fees - $6.46 per month. Normal pricing is $17.99/month. This is the "Music & Entertainment" package. After 2 years regular pricing kicks in until you cancel.

It notes it is monthly and you can cancel at any time - and cancelling can be done online.

At this rate for the ease of having it built in I'm now considering signing up. Does anyone have better offers, or will it get better if I hold out after the 3 months expires?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That's about the best I've seen. Most of the $5 a month offers usually only last 6 months or a year.

Reactions: GDN

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Years ago I paid for Sirius XM for many years and said I wasn't going to pay it anymore. I've got the medium Pandora account and with CarPlay now I figure that is truly sufficient for the most part.

Then today, they are already amping up their special pricing earlier than I thought they would. I still have another month of the 3 free and figured the really good pricing offers wouldn't come until the free expired.

The offer today is $5/month for 2 years plus taxes and fees - $6.46 per month. Normal pricing is $17.99/month. This is the "Music & Entertainment" package. After 2 years regular pricing kicks in until you cancel.

It notes it is monthly and you can cancel at any time - and cancelling can be done online.

At this rate for the ease of having it built in I'm now considering signing up. Does anyone have better offers, or will it get better if I hold out after the 3 months expires?
I got the same offer today too. Iā€™ve never seen it offered so cheap.

I love the service, but do wince at the regular price and have to hold my nose when paying for it.

But At this price, I can breathe easy - at least for 2 years šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m in

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I used to be a subscriber at $5 a month. Since Spotify I've never gone back.

They still send me stuff, latest offer was 2 years at $5 a month.

Sounds desperate.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I bought a lifetime membership when it first came out for $500. Iā€™ve passed it on to three vehicles so far and plan to do it again

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I bought a lifetime membership when it first came out for $500. Iā€™ve passed it on to three vehicles so far and plan to do it again
You are the winner, I don't ever recall anything like that, but likely wouldn't have shelled out the $500 way back in 2000 or whenever it started. I paid $10 a month for likely 10 years though, so I way more than paid for the $500.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
You got lucky. Before the Alvarez lawsuit, Lifetime subscriptions that were purchased for vehicles were never intended to be able to switch. That was reserved only for PnP units.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
You are the winner, I don't ever recall anything like that, but likely wouldn't have shelled out the $500 way back in 2000 or whenever it started. I paid $10 a month for likely 10 years though, so I way more than paid for the $500.
I bought 2 PnP units for my vehicles back in 2005 for when Stern was leaving terrestrial radio for Sirius. I still have both of those units and will be transferring the subscription now that the Alvarez lawsuit was settled. IIRC, I only paid around $200 for each unit and a Lifetime subscription. We purchased a Lifetime sub for my Focus back in 2009. I believe that one was around $350. Next was our 2011 Escape, which my daughter still owns. That Lifetime sub was around $700. When we got around to our 2015 Escape they stopped selling them.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
You got lucky. Before the Alvarez lawsuit, Lifetime subscriptions that were purchased for vehicles were never intended to be able to switch. That was reserved only for PnP units.
Didnā€™t even know that was a thing haha

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
SiriusXM is getting desperate!

Just got an offer for 3 years for $99 or 5 for $149.

Ford F-150 Lightning Sirius XM Best pricing offers - ?? Please share 16630270488898870977590175641720

Ford F-150 Lightning Sirius XM Best pricing offers - ?? Please share 20220912_165924

• Wow

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
They screwed up when they renewed Stern. He doesn't deserve the money they are paying him anymore.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Wait till itā€™s almost up, call or chat them online, tell them you want to cancel. Youā€™ll end up with over 50% off. Iā€™ve got the platinum for 12 months for about $135 including all taxes and fees. Iā€™ve been doing it this way for years. The key is to set a reminder so it doesnā€™t auto renew at the prevailing rate which is insanely high.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Wait till itā€™s almost up, call or chat them online, tell them you want to cancel. Youā€™ll end up with over 50% off. Iā€™ve got the platinum for 12 months for about $135 including all taxes and fees. Iā€™ve been doing it this way for years. The key is to set a reminder so it doesnā€™t auto renew at the prevailing rate which is insanely high.
With the other music options these days even that is a bit expensive, or I should say more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Stern isn't included in any of these special prices.

I tried the link shared and they do have radio id's/accounts tied to the offers, it won't give it to me. I do have the 24 month offer in a letter though and it won't even give me that one now, the most is 6 months at 4.99 (the letter says the offers can change at any time.

All is good, I can wait them out. I wasn't going to sign up nor pay them anything. I will for $3/month though. So I'll hold out to see if they send me that offer after my 3 free months expire, if not, I'll forge on with my $5 / pandora account.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
With the other music options these days even that is a bit expensive, or I should say more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Stern isn't included in any of these special prices.

I tried the link shared and they do have radio id's/accounts tied to the offers, it won't give it to me. I do have the 24 month offer in a letter though and it won't even give me that one now, the most is 6 months at 4.99 (the letter says the offers can change at any time.

All is good, I can wait them out. I wasn't going to sign up nor pay them anything. I will for $3/month though. So I'll hold out to see if they send me that offer after my 3 free months expire, if not, I'll forge on with my $5 / pandora account.
Makes sense - it is pricey and the audio quality isnā€™t the best. I use it for the access to the NCAA BB and NFL games that are out of my market and only have it active on one car. I use the app to stream it on the other as well as at the office so it works out for me. I believe that you can only get stern with the platinum plan.
Sponsored