✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Formerly Mach-E FE, 2022 F150L Lariat in transit
Clarification on the rail journey in case it helps anyone else keep track of their progress-
It was put on Canadian National and made it to the CN Markham, IL (south Chicagoland) yard from Flat Rock. The car is scheduled to depart at 12AM 10/13 (approx 24 hours after arrival at the CN yard?) for the Riverdale, IL IHB Blue Island yard 4.1 miles away for transfer to BNSF in the early hours of 10/13. My window was 10/7-13. From there I’ll have to pick up the thread tomorrow.
According to BNSF maps they have what appears to be a direct line to an Omaha auto station from Chicago.
Sponsored

craig040608

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER - Max Tow Star White
I just called the Norfolk Southern automated update line and found out the railcar with my truck "departed Madison, IL" (St Louis area) at roughly 0200 this morning.

What the heck? Why it wouldn't be on the same train as @Saul Goodman coming to Omaha is beyond me.. and NS doesn't seem to service Omaha, so likely swapping somewhere. So many questions, so few answers.

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My completely amateur assumption is that they plug in some form of start and end points and get back an optimal route of transit based on availability, etc. Mine is probably going to Omaha and taking a ride across town, where yours might be on NS line to Lincoln and going back NE, based on an algorithm or something.

craig040608

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER - Max Tow Star White
My completely amateur assumption is that they plug in some form of start and end points and get back an optimal route of transit based on availability, etc. Mine is probably going to Omaha and taking a ride across town, where yours might be on NS line to Lincoln and going back NE, based on an algorithm or something.
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he's showing it still in Flat Rock, MI on the same railcar, but hasn't updated in two days. 🤦‍♂️ Hoping that's wrong.

Since NS doesn't serve any of Nebraska, I'm worried it's going to Kansas City, THEN it'll swap to UP or BNSF coming to Omaha. There, it'll sit waiting for a truck to come the final 30 miles.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Yesterday the railcar was "Empty" and the truck was "Released to Industry". The convoy company confirmed this morning that it was "Delivered" to the dealer!!!

Now for the PDI and hobbled (post surgical) pickup.

Sponsored

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IHB denying tracing info

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UP says loaded interchange delivery 11pm last night origin ramp Milpitas- is that location just a default?

CSX has a September release in WA, so their tracker has not picked up this journey.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Updates to ‘loaded interchange receipt’ last night. I’m assuming that means it hasn’t physically moved, but BNSF is now in possession of the car from IHB.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Updates to ‘loaded interchange receipt’ last night. I’m assuming that means it hasn’t physically moved, but BNSF is now in possession of the car from IHB.
This is a reasonable assumption. Good luck!

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ayy we got movement. Loaded, arrival, approx 3.5 hours after the last update of receipt. Wish I knew where.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Update: My truck was actually loaded onto the railcar this morning. For some reason the previous railcar info was incorrect (I suspect that they may have switched railcars as the original railcar has been constantly been delayed past 3 days as I headed West).

CSX reports railcar has been loaded and manifested but not left New Boston yet.

Hopefully it starts headed East soon(the correct direction).

JackBurtonJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I also received my "assembly line" pic today. At least mine was clean!
image.jpg
Does everybody get a pic of their order on the line… am I missing something
Sponsored