Sponsored

✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group

craig040608

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER - Max Tow Star White
CN says that it departs around 12, or any moment, from Flat Rock then it goes to Battle Creek for handoff to BNSF. Will there be different tracking, or does the railcar # carry through the handoff and track with BNSF?
I just got off the phone with my dealer. They hadn't noticed it switched to "SHIPPED" but said it's assigned to rail also. [TTGX987078] (which i guess is Norfolk Southern?)
He was pretty pessimistic about timing. Thinks it'll be after the ETA of 10/14-10/20.

Their mannequin took the same route and left 08/24 from MI. Arrived in Omaha on 9/2 and sat in the yard until 9/15. Also said they can't go pick them up in Omaha themselves anymore.

I hope it's quicker than he thinks.
Sponsored

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Formerly Mach-E FE, 2022 F150L Lariat in transit
I bet we’re different cars on the same train.
At this point I’m just hoping that I can take delivery before next Saturday when I leave for a week out of the country. Truck delivery anxiety would not be fun on vacation.

MuradS

First Name
Murad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update(non-update): As of this morning, truck is still at Ramp 5M(New Boston) awaiting rail transport. It has been there since last Weds. Ford says there is no railcar info available yet. :(

Dealer confirms info-- they do not see any update on their end. Both confirm ETA of 10/14 - 10/20.
Mine was showing received in IL junction point All the time until the next update which was released in Mira Loma California.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Sunrise Ford Fontana

Who is your dealer?
Norm Reeves in Cerritos. I've been pleading with them to let me purchase in advance to lock in my interest rate but they haven't budged.

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
CN says that it departs around 12, or any moment, from Flat Rock then it goes to Battle Creek for handoff to BNSF. Will there be different tracking, or does the railcar # carry through the handoff and track with BNSF?
I used the railcar number Ford gave me to track first on CN, then BNSF. To get BNSF info I use Union Pacific automated railcar tracing number 800 877-5123. After the transfer they won't give you location info, but will give you event (arrive/depart) and event day and time, so you will see it moving along (or not). Not sure if they tell you it is done as I am still waiting for that.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UP says the railcar # I was provided left Milpitas at 2AM. The route is allegedly Dearborn - Battle Creek on CN and hand off there to BNSF to go to Omaha.
Something is off. I checked the number from my ford chat screenshot and did UP trace twice.

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CN now says that it’s in Riverdale, IL (south Chicagoland) departing just after midnight from there on IHB, which seems funky because IHB just seems to wrap around and into Chicago.
Trains are weird, man.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CN now says that it’s in Riverdale, IL (south Chicagoland) departing just after midnight from there on IHB, which seems funky because IHB just seems to wrap around and into Chicago.
Trains are weird, man.
IHB is the big interchange where it switches from CN to BNSF. If you departed there you dodged a bullet, as some trucks seem to get stuck there a while. You should be getting BNSF event updates from now on!

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enough time moving (total time, minus long stops) along the rails have elapsed that my truck must be close. After two days of no movement, BNSF updated my location to "Loaded, Placed at Industry" this morning, however, the convoy company does not have it.

I am assuming the means it is at the Portland, Oregon destination, and in transition to the convoy company, who has said it was a high priority move, so it will go on the next truck south once they get it.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Update: YAY! I have railcar info!! (CSX)

The agent on Ford chat noted this status change was as of 10/9 which means it MAY have been/be on the rail a couple days now...maybe not. Important to note that the Ford system at ford chat MAY not be kept up to date(info lag).

Also note that I had to specifically ask for railcar info..the agent did NOT provide it until I asked. She simply gave me the ramp info which is 7 days old. Going by that(without rail info) I would have no status change until the truck showed up at the local rail "ramp" or perhaps the dealer!!

(@TaxmanHog please note that future order trackers need to ask for the rail info.. some agents are not providing this unless prompted)

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enough time moving (total time, minus long stops) along the rails have elapsed that my truck must be close. After two days of no movement, BNSF updated my location to "Loaded, Placed at Industry" this morning, however, the convoy company does not have it.

I am assuming the means it is at the Portland, Oregon destination, and in transition to the convoy company, who has said it was a high priority move, so it will go on the next truck south once they get it.
Further reading shows that "Placed at Industry" apparently means the truck is at the destination rail yard and being unloaded. For UP tracked trains on BNSF, this is the only update that speaks to location since it left CN rail at IHB, IL (which I think they call CHIA-PA).

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IHB is the big interchange where it switches from CN to BNSF. If you departed there you dodged a bullet, as some trucks seem to get stuck there a while. You should be getting BNSF event updates from now on!
The CN guy was a little mumbly, but I think it’s scheduled to depart in around 12 hours. He didn’t sound too sure of what was going on. It might be at the CN yard a few miles south of the IHB blue island yard, just based on maps and things. I might call back and see if I can get a more clear explanation.
Also at this point it doesn’t matter, it’s going where it’s going when it’s going and bugging them won’t change anything.