• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When does wave 4 MY2023 start?

BruinIvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Received the email to configure from Ford as well. it looks like XLT trim is NOT available for order.

Ford F-150 Lightning When does wave 4 MY2023 start? Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 11.08.48 AM

EaganSmash

First Name
Eavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Lariat SR in Azure Grey Metallic with drop in bedliner and no other options. Deleted the mobile charger as well.

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, Camry
So if you want an XLT I think you just keep checking and hope you’re lucky enough to catch it when it’s available again?

If I’m understanding the new system correctly, they’re issuing invites in reservation order now, once you’re in a wave you’re also in every subsequent wave, and you have until the end of the model year to order or your reservation is cancelled.

Which means (if I’m correct) that eventually you’ll have people from waves 4,5,6 etc. all fighting to get XLT stock whenever it pops up.

Kinda sucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Heh, well at this rate they may be through all their invites before the end of the year :D

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
E
Heh, well at this rate they may be through all their invites before the end of the year :D
I think that this true as I was a 6/15/2021 invite and got the email. I guess if want to spend $87K I can get a truck

rxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
So if you want an XLT I think you just keep checking and hope you’re lucky enough to catch it when it’s available again?

If I’m understanding the new system correctly, they’re issuing invites in reservation order now, once you’re in a wave you’re also in every subsequent wave, and you have until the end of the model year to order or your reservation is cancelled.

Which means (if I’m correct) that eventually you’ll have people from waves 4,5,6 etc. all fighting to get XLT stock whenever it pops up.

Kinda sucks.
It gets cancelled at the end of the year not carried over? Boy I wish I was making so much money I could throw away customers like that, good way to guarantee no sale.

auromed

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Highlander

Kinda sucks.
My order screen shows that I have 30 days to convert my reservation to an order. Not sure if it's going to get extended.

I'm trying hard to justify buying... That 80k limit on the tax rebate makes it hard to justify a Lariat ER though.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER

Kinda sucks.
Says right on the page for me that I have until 11/18 to order. Seems pretty straightforward.

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Reservation gets canceled 8/31/22 if not converted to order, according to leaked info.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
You might want to contact Ford to double check but like other's have mentioned it's my understanding that all reservations have until next summer when they close out the '23MY order book. I don't see them selling out of Lariats, so IF I had an invite I would wait until IRS made it clear if base MSRP (no options added AND ER battery is considered an option) before deciding.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
8/31/22 was 2 months ago.
2023.....I stand corrected....but I see 11/18/23 on my screen, so I guess I will take the ride to the end, whenever that is and whatever the result may be.
Sponsored