• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When does wave 4 MY2023 start?

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just got my invitation a little before 2 pm est, went to the dealer and they confirmed it. I'm deciding tomorrow whether to cancel it or not though because I just don't need the order at this point.

Edit: I reserved November 24th, 2021 fyi.
Congrats, I reserved on 5/20, six months before, and no invite. Pretty pissed off. Thinking of calling Ford and canceling my reservation.
Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
My order screen shows that I have 30 days to convert my reservation to an order. Not sure if it's going to get extended.

I'm trying hard to justify buying... That 80k limit on the tax rebate makes it hard to justify a Lariat ER though.
Agree, an ER Lariat will cost over $16K more than the SR Lariat because the ER is over the $80K limit and will not qualify for the tax rebate. Very hard to justify $16K for an additional 80 miles of range.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm hopeful that the IRS will base the limit on MRSP with no options (and that the ER battery is an option). There are other features added in that package as well...but yeah. Not completely sold on the value either. Thankfully I have time to wait and see.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Congrats, I reserved on 5/20, six months before, and no invite. Pretty pissed off. Thinking of calling Ford and canceling my reservation.
From what I hear, all reservations will eventually be invited to order during 2023.

I would hold off.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm hopeful that the IRS will base the limit on MRSP with no options (and that the ER battery is an option). There are other features added in that package as well...but yeah. Not completely sold on the value either. Thankfully I have time to wait and see.
That's like how our state rebate goes.

It states a maximum MSRP on the BASE vehicle, so it didn't matter if one chose the Platinum.

My Lariat was well over the base vehicle limit, but the state looked at the base (Pro) trim as their qualification.

I got my $2,000 just last week.
Ford F-150 Lightning When does wave 4 MY2023 start? IMG_9637.JPG

Sponsored

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software Programer
I just deposited 1000 for lariat(no addons)
I see the dealer removed heated steering wheel option..

That is very important for us.. will goto dealer and check with them
Ford F-150 Lightning When does wave 4 MY2023 start? 1666216311723

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Congrats! When was your reservation date? Just wondering if they are going by date.
Ford has been pretty transparent with MY23 that it was in order of reservation date with your dealer not all 200k reservations. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people got screwed by Ford's dealer assignment by their location and dealer priority based on allocation numbers.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My order screen shows that I have 30 days to convert my reservation to an order. Not sure if it's going to get extended.
Says right on the page for me that I have until 11/18 to order. Seems pretty straightforward.
Wave 4 ends 11/18/22. You will not be able to order with wave 4 pricing after that. At some point Wave 5 will open up, potentially with new pricing and trim availability. That wave will also be open for 30 days and you can order during wave 5 if you didn't in wave 4. Same goes for wave 6,7, etc.

So you can only order during the period of time each wave is open. Ultimately if you never order, your reservation gets cancelled 8/31/23. Tim Bartz did a great video on this whole process - you should watch that if you're still unsure.

Last edited:

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV

1666216311723.png
Wow. Big news if confirmed from dealer. Maybe they did it out of reflex but don’t have to for lightning?

EaganSmash

First Name
Eavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y

Wow. Big news if confirmed from dealer. Maybe they did it out of reflex but don’t have to for lightning?
It's been said a few places that heated steering wheel is being deleted due to chip shortage, the dealer has to do it to submit. Ford will be installing the necessary hardware in the future for free.

I just wish they'd do that with the on board scales and smart hitch.

Sponsored

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software Programer
It's been said a few places that heated steering wheel is being deleted due to chip shortage, the dealer has to do it to submit. Ford will be installing the necessary hardware in the future for free.

I just wish they'd do that with the on board scales and smart hitch.
Went to dealership, the guy has no idea. He says he will check with his manager Tomorrow.

Based on the price 140$ I am guessing they should install necessary hardware and install the chip in future sometime.

vinob55

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Yukon xl
Placed my order for an er lariat. Also lost the heated steering wheel. Reservation 5/20. Said it would be delivered by early spring.

Hyfly07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, F-150 Lightning
Well that was FAST.
I'm a day 1 reservation holder. Yesterday October 19th I was invited to place my order. Today I got an email saying I am scheduled for product November 14th with a VIN!
I was not expecting to get scheduled that quick!
Sponsored