Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I was considering this camera as well. It actually seems to be efficient enough that it can also be run from the mirror's power source, like OP's. You'll need this adapter: https://dongar.tech/products/16pin-ford-f150
The Dongar adapter does work on my Pro, I'm using it to power my radar detector. I'm not sure if I can use the adapter to power both my radar detector and a dashcam with a USB splitter.
Sponsored

Reactions: s_c

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Ordered mine today. Still no reviews on Amazon for this exact model (the one that hooks up to F150), but there are many reviews for the same model for other car types, average is over 4 stars so I feel comfortable purchasing it.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ordered mine today. Still no reviews on Amazon for this exact model (the one that hooks up to F150), but there are many reviews for the same model for other car types, average is over 4 stars so I feel comfortable purchasing it.
I think you're gonna like it.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Took me 10 minutes, but I’m working with one hand.

here’s a 4K clip.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
4K? hard to read the signs, lots of glare and fuzziness. need to check out some other camera comparisons on Youtube.

Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
Just got mine today. Took 5 minutes to setup.

A few tips:

-make sure cellular data is off for the Fitcamx app

-make sure Bluetooth is off for setup.

-do not install with vehicle on.

-the USB dongle included in the box is to read the SD card which is located in the right hand side of the camera. Push in to remove the SD.

- I had issues connecting to the camera Wi-Fi. A Factory reset of the camera solved it. Use a paper clip to depress the reset button, farthest from the power button (indent)

I paid $151 delivered and it took 13 days. I like it’s low profile and it’s factory appearance.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
4K? hard to read the signs, lots of glare and fuzziness. need to check out some other camera comparisons on Youtube.
Most videos posted online go through some kind of compression and lose quality. Watching it raw from my computer looks pretty good.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
For anyone considering this, I just ordered it on Amazon for $135 cyber Monday deal.

Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Compatible with Ford F150 2021 2022 Limited XLT XL Raptor Lariat Platinum King Ranch Tremor, OEM Factory Style, UHD 2160P Video WiFi, G-Sensor, Loop Recording, Plug&Play, 64GB Card https://a.co/4PMrGX7

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I ordered the front+rear a few days ago, any good videos of the best way to run the wire to the rear cam?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I ordered the front+rear a few days ago, any good videos of the best way to run the wire to the rear cam?
No video, but super simple. Tuck the cable along the front headliner. I went to the passenger side. Pull the A Pillar trim, then under the edge of the door seal down into the footwell area where the fuse box is. The plastic parts of the door sill snap up easily and you have plenty of room to tuck into there all the way to the behind the back seat area.

Depending on your camera - the cable may be made into the rear camera and plug into the housing of the front camera, so start this process from the back of the truck running the cable to the front in a reverse order of how I described it.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
...The plastic parts of the door sill snap up easily and you have plenty of room to tuck into there all the way to the behind the back seat area...
So going across the ceiling the whole way isn't recommended?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So going across the ceiling the whole way isn't recommended?
Had not even considered that route as i had power going down to the floor. If it is easy to get under the headliner give it a try. I don't think I've seen that reported by anyone else.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
For anyone considering this, I just ordered it on Amazon for $135 cyber Monday deal.

Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Compatible with Ford F150 2021 2022 Limited XLT XL Raptor Lariat Platinum King Ranch Tremor, OEM Factory Style, UHD 2160P Video WiFi, G-Sensor, Loop Recording, Plug&Play, 64GB Card https://a.co/4PMrGX7
I just came here to post the same deal. I purchased this camera a couple of months ago (for $169 at Amazon) and have been very happy with it.

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
I have both the front and rear Fitcam, I even use it when parking sometimes. I just leave the truck on, shut the lights and heat or A/C off. Then lock the doors.
Sponsored