First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Glad to see that progress is being made for some, I just need to have patience.

BTW, remember to update your vote when the blessed event happens on your Lightning.

Snap shot of the update progress so far....
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 1671030429159
Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
So if you’re leaving it on the charger, I assume the frunk is open? That doesn’t cause the update to fail?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So if you’re leaving it on the charger, I assume the frunk is open? That doesn’t cause the update to fail?
Assuming you asking me, I can close the frunk, there is enough crush space on the rubber frunk seal to allow the AC cord by.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
For me I meant that I left in on my Charge Station Pro. I've never hooked up the LVB to a 12V charger. I did measure the voltage at the 12V outlet before I tried the manual update that failed. Voltage was >14V but dropped to 12.4 when something kicked on (I was in Full Accessory mode). But the 12V outlet went off when I exited vehicle so I could not see what the voltage was when it attempted the failed update.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
How do you determine if we did get the update? I want to say I remember seeing the message but dont know how to check. I still have my Power up update message in Ford Pass message center for 3.4.3 and 3.4.4, but dont see one for this?

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
How do you determine if we did get the update? I want to say I remember seeing the message but dont know how to check. I still have my Power up update message in Ford Pass message center for 3.4.3 and 3.4.4, but dont see one for this?
ThenYou probably don’t have it. This update acts like 3.4.4 and will show in ur messages/software update.

Everyone else, I managed to update finally, let me go over it.
I tried updating last night manually and no dice, this morning I tried something different.
When it was charging and around an hour before it reaches my preset point of 90%, I went inside my truck, set the scheduled update to be 5 min later, turned the light knob to off(the one left of the steering column), and shut off/closed the door. I believe during the charge to 90%, it did kick in and charge the low voltage battery. Give it a shot and let me know.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Ford is nothing short of pathetic. I read the thread, but I'm just trying to wait it out and ignore this thing. The thing that will hack me off is if this is still hanging around trying to apply when they roll out the new GUI updates and my truck just sits and continues to fail.

Musk would have already heard us and had it fixed. Just sitting and watching this company fail and flail in this new world is pathetic.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe during the charge to 90%, it did kick in and charge the low voltage battery. Give it a shot and let me know.
I gave this technique a shot tonight, but ran into a problem.

The the A phase feeder from the pole transformer to the crib lines failed 10 minutes before I was expecting to pause the charging session and let the scheduled update kick off.

I noticed that my Emporia Vue2 monitor stopped reporting from the 100 amp circuit in the garage, then noticed that the truck reported charging had stopped.

Went out to the garage to investigate, using a DVM, I found that only B phase was providing 120v to the load center, the A phase had ~18 volts, looked around the neighborhood, noted the street light on the pole was also out, and several house were out completely, interestingly our house is also powered by the same transformer, but we did not lose any power to the house.

National Grid had a truck out quickly to investigate and repair the damaged wire after pulling out the 7kv fuse to the can, he spent about 20 minute replacing the suspect line and checking all adjacent taps, this can feeds 18 residences and my garage. All finished he reconnected the fuse, and we had full power.

Now, I'll have to retry the process Thursday and see if it works for me.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I gave this technique a shot tonight, but ran into a problem.

The the A phase feeder from the pole transformer to the crib lines failed 10 minutes before I was expecting to pause the charging session and let the scheduled update kick off.

I noticed that my Emporia Vue2 monitor stopped reporting from the 100 amp circuit in the garage, then noticed that the truck reported charging had stopped.

Went out to the garage to investigate, using a DVM, I found that only B phase was providing 120v to the load center, the A phase had ~18 volts, looked around the neighborhood, noted the street light on the pole was also out, and several house were out completely, interestingly our house is also powered by the same transformer, but we did not lose any power to the house.

National Grid had a truck out quickly to investigate and repair the damaged wire after pulling out the 7kv fuse to the can, he spent about 20 minute replacing the suspect line and checking all adjacent taps, this can feeds 18 residences and my garage. All finished he reconnected the fuse, and we had full power.

Now, I'll have to retry the process Thursday and see if it works for me.
Wild. Note, I did not interrupt the charging. Though I did tell the charger to stop after I was notified on the app the update was done because it did bypass my 90% limit. Reporting 287 mile range at 94% battery

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
Would you mind measuring the voltage of your LVB while the truck is off?
I'm curious to know what your resting voltage is.
Alright.. sorry been a busy few days. When I posted my truck was NOT on a charger. I was up at the lake and the truck had been sitting for at least 12 hours. The update ran that evening no issues. I measured the battery voltage at the battery before starting the truck and driving it. 12.44v I drove it an hour back home and the voltage was exactly the same. Not sure if this helps or not.

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Mine installed last night, I plugged the truck in a couple hours before it was scheduled. I must have got the timing right I guess.

I also had to tell it to stop changing. Pretty sure it would have gone straight to 100.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Alright.. sorry been a busy few days. When I posted my truck was NOT on a charger. I was up at the lake and the truck had been sitting for at least 12 hours. The update ran that evening no issues. I measured the battery voltage at the battery before starting the truck and driving it. 12.44v I drove it an hour back home and the voltage was exactly the same. Not sure if this helps or not.
Thank you, your observations corroborate comments in other threads, my voltage is in that neighborhood, I guess it's just a matter of time before it processes.

I'm going to repeat Michaels suggestion tonight.
I'm also going to detach the negative terminal to see if that clears out any oddball conditions.
After that, through hands in air and just be patient that it will eventually install.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
DTE Update installed this afternoon.
Hope to get the camera button update soon.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Also it looks like 4.1.1 just installed tonight.
1671091715529.png
1671091715653.png
We need to take this update to a new thread. Maybe already one created, I haven't poked around yet.
Sponsored