Sponsored

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
So ended up doing it myself finally got everything updated but the power steering. PSCM update runs but never clears off FDRS guessing it's failing the update but not seeing how to check for a why or an error? Anyone else ran into this?
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
So ended up doing it myself finally got everything updated but the power steering. PSCM update runs but never clears off FDRS guessing it's failing the update but not seeing how to check for a why or an error? Anyone else ran into this?
You may have to hit the network re-scan button a few times but it will go away.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks it took a few times.
There have been many updates in the ICE F-150 world that did this routinely, and some didn't clear for months. Last year there was the TRM (trailer controller), and I believe there was an ABS update that did the same thing. Just stayed in the list for months even though it had been successfully applied. Nowadays when the update is still in your list after you know it was successfully updated (cause FDRS said it passed) they sometimes show back up simply because FDRS didn't refresh properly when it sent you back to the main software screen.

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
My PCSM is still showing as needing update as well. It's a bug, I suppose.

Sponsored

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
I don't have an option to login with my Motorcraft acccount...
The options are Non-Dealer ETIS, Dealer Employee, and Independent Operator/Non-Dealer.

I'm also getting a Cannot Reach FDRS Servers error... I'm definitely connected to the internet...

Help please and thank you. I already paid for the 2 day license and activated FDRS with it but can't log in...

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2023-11-09 140708

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like the Login Server is down on the day I chose to buy a license and do my updates... COOL!

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2023-11-09 143206

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it normal to do a GWM update and than a APIM Sync update and then see another GWM update and APIM Sync update pop up after completing those?

ps. got FDRS to work by downgrading versions... Something wrong with the newest build and login server...

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it normal to do a GWM update and than a APIM Sync update and then see another GWM update and APIM Sync update pop up after completing those?

ps. got FDRS to work by downgrading versions... Something wrong with the newest build and login server...
That is normal yes. My OTA history lists multiple GWM updates in a row before the latest APIM update showed up.

Sponsored

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
During a long USB thumbdrive APIM update, is there any risk to not being there when it says it's done or will that message stay up until it's dismissed?

Don't want to sit in the truck for an hour waiting for it to be done...

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had FDRS crash while in the middle of the update process and wondering if I should be worried…

I had finished a USB drive apim update and reached the point where FDRS told me to turn the truck to ignition on, engine off. I did that and hit ok and then FDRS crashed… It seems like the update happened in the truck but not the part afterwards that happens in FDRS…

Any thing I can do to check that it was properly installed? There isn’t another APIM update showing as available….

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had FDRS crash while in the middle of the update process and wondering if I should be worried…

I had finished a USB drive apim update and reached the point where FDRS told me to turn the truck to ignition on, engine off. I did that and hit ok and then FDRS crashed… It seems like the update happened in the truck but not the part afterwards that happens in FDRS…

Any thing I can do to check that it was properly installed? There isn’t another APIM update showing as available….
Check the Sync version and make sure it's newer than what you had (now 980?).

Fire FDRS back up and reconnect with the cable and it should run a network scan and the APIM update should drop off the list if the update was successful. It sounds like you already did that so if there's no APIM showing up you must have done okay (y)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So..was running some VINs this evening and checked my truck to find three new updates.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_CMR_doors_11-Nov-23

I had already run across the two door updates from a '23 model VIN I ran for someone..and the CMR update showed up this morning on my '23 model Mach-E as well. Not sure what any of these are intended to correct or enhance yet.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All done.

The doors took 4 minutes each and the CMR an hour.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_CMR_doors_11-Nov-23-Done
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN