Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Yea, just check your configs against all the modules involved, you prob. missed something. "not available" message is what you get if any of the involved modules don't have the correct config. You're almost there. Also, my truck had quite a few different defaults from the original post, and a few that were already correct. I just consulted this document as I was doing to double check everything:
Livnitup's FORScan - 2021-23 F150
I got in this morning and it was working perfectly. Seems like it has to do the full cycle off and sit before all the changes took, it most of overwhelmed the truck šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Last edited:

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Thank you everyone who did all the dirty work figuring it out for us simpletons....

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Probably took me 4 hours, completely unfamiliar with the disassembly. If you noticed above, Iā€™m still having some trouble getting the sensor recognized so yesterday I took everything off again just to double check all connections. This time being familiar, I was able to get bumper off and back on within an hour.

Im not sure, but Iā€™m doubtful a dealership would do this. Maybe an independent shop.

I have the same complaints as you. Luckily, 3 of those 4 I know for sure can be added. I already added heated/cooled seats and heated wheel. Someone else has done fold mirrors and I have parts on the way to do mine. Keyless entry I havenā€™t seen completed yet, but I know someone is working on it. When I say keyless entry, I mean the button on the door handles. Iā€™m wanting the button on driver and passenger door handles.
Do you know the part numbers for the heated steering wheel? I've been going through one of the forum threads on the gen14 forum, and it's 59 pages of people saying different things. I'm not sure if I need the clock spring or not, but from what I can tell I need these items. Also, I want to add the adaptive cruise control soon, but I can't seem to verify that this wheel comes with the button for it.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1683834107632

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Those are right except you can remove clock spring as the column housing will have it included.

Youā€™ll also need WPT-404- and WT1030 to wire to the truck.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Do you know the part numbers for the heated steering wheel? I've been going through one of the forum threads on the gen14 forum, and it's 59 pages of people saying different things. I'm not sure if I need the clock spring or not, but from what I can tell I need these items. Also, I want to add the adaptive cruise control soon, but I can't seem to verify that this wheel comes with the button for it.

1683834107632.png
I would venture to say that no steering wheel comes with the buttons. The left button panel and the right button panel are each individual parts.

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I would venture to say that no steering wheel comes with the buttons. The left button panel and the right button panel are each individual parts.
This is not true this part number comes with the buttons

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Wow this is awesome, so does their exist any equipment groups which have heated steering wheels, but no ACC button? Just curious.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Iā€™m assuming youā€™re asking to swap yours and not have the ACC. In that case you can easily just swap the buttons from your original wheel.

Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Those are right except you can remove clock spring as the column housing will have it included.

Youā€™ll also need WPT-404- and WT1030 to wire to the truck.
Do you know what is different about the housing? I hadn't seen that mentioned as a needed part, thought it was just the clockspring.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
It has the wiring pins that allow the connection to power the wheel. The normal clock spring assembly has the plug location but no pins to make the connection.

Edit:
You want two pins in this plug area.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_4665

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
I have a 23' XLT 311A (no max tow/tow tech) and just verified that it already has wiring for 9, 18, 19 and 20. Just ordered all the items required from Tasca. The waiting begins......
does this mod include lane centering?
Yep! I wouldnā€™t work till I calibrated the radar but after that it comes on if you are on a clearly defined lane and have ACC enabled.
I am curious if anyone withOUT the "tow tech" package successfully got it working?

Dumb question/thinking but was unsure where the steering wheel control and lane centering depended on just the sensors assembly or the 360 cameras as well.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I am curious if anyone withOUT the "tow tech" package successfully got it working?

Dumb question/thinking but was unsure where the steering wheel control and lane centering depended on just the sensors assembly or the 360 cameras as well.
Yeah I have ACC and lane centering working and I have a basic XLT SR with the only option being a tailgate step.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
For those with a Pro, know that the switch: ML3Z-9C888-DA has a chrome bar on it that does not match the other side :confused:
Sponsored