Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Sure enough, power came back on so we took the truck out and tested the changes and it worked flawlessly!

I only managed to break one clip during the entire install, which I kicked myself for, but shit happens. It was one of the small green clips that attach the little headlight fascia between the frunk.
Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Not sure how but my 23 pro has the wiring needed. Just went ahead and ordered parts. 23 pro built week of 11/2/22 with tow tech, max tow, pro power.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_2357

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Not sure how but my 23 pro has the wiring needed. Just went ahead and ordered parts. 23 pro built week of 11/2/22 with tow tech, max tow, pro power.
IMG_2357.jpeg
Did you check c265 as well? I think that's where people have been missing wires (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Did you check c265 as well? I think that's where people have been missing wires (some please correct me if I'm wrong)
Yeah if your missing wires the easiest way to tell is in your passenger kick panel which is a pain in the a** just take your time and don't break the tab on the connector

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Maybe I’m in the minority, but after having done it 3 times now, its almost seems easier to pull the frunk tub and look for them.
Yeah that's true but I feel like pulling the frunk tub, covers and trim to check the wire is intimidating if you are unsure of the project or just want to check wiring to see if you want to do it idk. I'm glad I did it but I was hesitant with the Forscan portion

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Yeah if your missing wires the easiest way to tell is in your passenger kick panel which is a pain in the a** just take your time and don't break the tab on the connector
Anyone got any tips on getting the c265 plug out. I got the gray retainer clip off fairly easily but can’t get the plug to unseat. I took a photo but it’s impossible to tell.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_2367

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Maybe I’m in the minority, but after having done it 3 times now, its almost seems easier to pull the frunk tub and look for them.
What/where were you looking for with the trunk tub off? I literally just had the frunk off looking for the c134 plug but couldn’t see it. I assumed the bumper needed to come off too so I put it back together for now.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
What/where were you looking for with the trunk tub off? I literally just had the frunk off looking for the c134 plug but couldn’t see it. I assumed the bumper needed to come off too so I put it back together for now.
Oh maybe you’re right. 2 of the 3 times I took the tub out I took the bumper off. It was at 1-3 AM so I don’t remember now.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Oh maybe you’re right. 2 of the 3 times I took the tub out I took the bumper off. It was at 1-3 AM so I don’t remember now.
Haha ok good. Thought I was blind for a minute. I messed around with the c265 plug too but couldn’t get it unseated easily. I think I’ll just take the bumper off tomorrow.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Haha ok good. Thought I was blind for a minute. I messed around with the c265 plug too but couldn’t get it unseated easily. I think I’ll just take the bumper off tomorrow.
You have to remove the frunk trim pieces, frunk tub, corner covers by the headlights, the cover over the latch assembly, then the two screws on the edge of the upper bumper trim in the wheel well (both sides). After that start from the edges and pull gently to unset the bumper trim most clips are on the top side of the trim and the wiring harness should be visible. You don't have to remove the metal bumper to inspect the wiring just the upper plastic bumper cover.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Anyone got any tips on getting the c265 plug out. I got the gray retainer clip off fairly easily but can’t get the plug to unseat. I took a photo but it’s impossible to tell.
IMG_2367.jpeg
If you just look for the colors of the wires, you could tell that way. Probably be easier than pulling out the frunk since you already know where c265 is

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Is anyone else finding that your tolerence settings for cruise control aren't keeping? No matter what I set mine at, the next time I start the truck it resets to 2 mph over the speed limit sign. Not sure if I made some weird change in forscan by mistake

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I have tolerance set up but this morning it only highlighted the speed limit sign and just did whatever I had cruise set to.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If you haven't done it before in plain view which is how you can do it when you take the front bumper off then I'll be honest it's probably impossible to figure out. It can be done once you know exactly how it works, but it has to be done with one hand from below by reaching up beside the right frame rail by the PAWS speaker (which I also had removed long ago). Once you get the connector separated, the truck side can be brought up into the frunk tub area through a slot, I did this 3 different times while figuring everything out. This is one of those times:
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1685768309145

That connector is so big even after you've unlocked the cam lever it's still a PITA to separate with one hand. I had my brother help me the first time with screwdrivers from the top side looking through the crack from the frunk tub space. You can also initially unclip the cam lever from the top side with just the right long screwdriver or pick.
Sponsored