• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Watching Netflix While Driving

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I have a 6 hour drive to the Outter Banks coming up. My instagram feed is filled with advertisements for those modules that allow you watch Netflix while driving. Im not sold on the idea, I like having Waze open, but my kids would enjoy this. If I go this route, is there one that works well with our truck (15.5" Lariat)?
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
My kids have the kid version of the amazon fire tablet. I enable hotspot on my phone. Pair with some kid friendly headphones (the kind that limit dB) and enjoy the peace...at least until the 5 year old starts singing to all the Disney songs out loud and you're left guessing which song it is since you can't hear the music.

I have YouTube enabled via AAAD which does work while driving. However, I pretend it doesn't work while the kiddos are in the truck cuz I don't want to set a bad precedent.

OP
OP
Jsfrye

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I will probably go the tablet route as well. Three kids who cant agree on the same show or movie.

Tell me about this AAAD for youtube. Id like that for myself as well.

Edit: I see that AAAD is for Android Auto. I have an iphone, is anything similar available?

Last edited:

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve owned three AI or MMB devices now for the purpose of having streaming services separate from the Sync interface and the one to get is the CarLinkit 12 plus ( also called max sometimes) .
It’s spectacular. For the OP , you can have Waze open and then have the app of your choice do play video Picture in Picture.

This is also the only device I’ve found yet that fills the entire screen on the lightning

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0062

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0065

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0066

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0067

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0068

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0069

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_0070

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Good luck having that running on the center screen while driving if you have an accident. It doesn't work without hacking for a reason.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jsfrye

Jsfrye

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve owned three AI or MMB devices now for the purpose of having streaming services separate from the Sync interface and the one to get is the CarLinkit 12 plus ( also called max sometimes) .
It’s spectacular. For the OP , you can have Waze open and then have the app of your choice do play video Picture in Picture.

This is also the only device I’ve found yet that fills the entire screen on the lightning

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg
Thanks for that info!!

mkramer69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg
I use the Carlinkit Mini as well... works great!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Could you explain what you mean?
In most states, it is illegal to have a display with a video running within view of the driver while vehicle is moving.

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg
can you please link the exact model from the website you purched yours from. they are many different choices out there and i have no idea what to look for.

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER

NightMoves

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning, 22 Tesla Plaid, & 20 Tesla X
Occupation
Software sales
Thank you for sharing. I purchased two different AI devices but neither work after following instructions. I don’t see the app on CarPlay so I can’t access any of the additional apps like Netflix or YouTube. I only see my normal CarPlay apps as if nothing else is connected. I also tried with an iPad that hasn’t ever been connected to the truck
is there something you did that instructions don’t point out?

thanks!

mountchop

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, F-150

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

AI is everywhere now, permeating every aspect of our lives, and it would be foolish to deny or not notice that. So, I prefer to fully embrace it. Besides, my kids and I have seen on https://edubirdie.com/examples/artificial-intelligence/ that this field continues to evolve. Right now, it's a weak intelligence, but as it advances, it's becoming more and more convenient. Even phone apps already have some level of intelligence.

Oh, thanks for sharing. I could use that in the parking lot while my wife shops. :D

Last edited:

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

Hey! Quick question, I followed that link (thanks for sharing). And was ready to buy but the description says it’s not compatible with 2022 Fords. There also seems to be like 6 different boxes that appear to be the same visually but are different prices. Can you clarify which one you have? Seeing box AI, bad max, box max 23. Ect. Sorry. Thanks in advance
Sponsored