• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Something is fishy here for sure. No company would allow a vehicle to be lemon law’d over a wiper motor. Selling it later will be near impossible too.
California law gives them 30 days to fix the problem.
Sponsored

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
I have to believe that the aftermarket wheels with the aggressive looking all terrain tires is what affected your range. It doesn't seem that most people with the factory wheels/tires are seeing that large of a hit at highway speeds.
Yes and no the truck didn’t always have those wheels. With factory wheels I don’t remember the total highway range but I was getting 1.5-1.6 mi/kWh. Down to 1.1-1.3 mi/kWh with the heavier wheels.

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
That’s about what I would get from my truck. If I had only known it could have been lemon law’d for that…

Didn’t you learn though after the first time, why not slow down instead of having it towed 10 times?

The wiper motor thing gets me too. The most sold vehicle platform, and they let it get lemoned for a wiper motor. Someone dropped the ball.
Haha yeah I lucked out I was like wait loop hole also I did slow down sometimes I’d go 25mph on the fwy with hazards it happened in less then ideal conditions.

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
I want to state that my LR Lariat does do 300 miles averaging 75-80 mph on the freeway..
I would like to test your truck or if you could record a time lapse I heard of people being able to hit rated range but I never got close since day 1. I drove the truck from California to Kansas as soon I bought it and I was getting about 200 hwy miles.

Sponsored

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
It has a lift, and oversized off-road tires. This is why the range is being cut by 30% when driving over 75 mph.
Put it back to stock and I'm assuming it will be back to what everyone else sees.
Nope as mentioned in the thread it didn’t get rated range since day 1.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Nope as mentioned in the thread it didn’t get rated range since day 1.
The rates range is using the epa testing method. You'll never see that driving 75+. Just like you won't see epa rated mpg on a gas truck if you are driving 75+.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
They didn’t deduct them but the calculation was miles/120k * MSRP
👍
It's not like you robbed them. Even with the tax credit, you got some transportation and miles in at probably around a breakeven price (when considering states taxes and registration, etc., etc.) at standard mileage rates.

Sponsored

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
There was a few minor issues my biggest gripe was the range. However the only thing “buyback-able” was the recall.

Last edited:

cybertruck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
IT
The rates range is using the epa testing method. You'll never see that driving 75+. Just like you won't see epa rated mpg on a gas truck if you are driving 75+.
Exactly! This was something I mentioned to Ford that they should have done independent testing but expecting someone to go under the speed limit. I asked them it would be ideal to advertise rated highway range.

The battery pack on the rivian and f150 are close in size. Yet F150 is bigger similar size to the hummer ev with a larger battery. The hummer does get rated range the truck does not. Many people have tested it on YT. Including myself the math just doesn’t math.

Last edited:

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
I would like to test your truck or if you could record a time lapse I heard of people being able to hit rated range but I never got close since day 1. I drove the truck from California to Kansas as soon I bought it and I was getting about 200 hwy miles.
I would too. Those numbers blow past all independent testing.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
That's a bit much for me to do to prove someone wrong.. I am going on a small trip from Modesto to Stockton tomorrow. The most I'll do is show the miles/kw stat on both ends.

Here some independent results
I had more sources but I accidentally closed the tab woops:

Edmunds got 332/300 miles
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-platinum-ev-range-test.html

insiderev got 270/330
https://insideevs.com/reviews/598000/ford-f150-lightning-range-test-review/

motortrend 255/300
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...ning-platinum-range-max-charging-test-review/

autoblog got a theoretical 330/300 after a 205 mile test.
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/10/11/2022-ford-f150-lightning-xlt-road-test/
Sponsored

Last edited: