• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
GDN....what's a blinker?

/NewEnglander/
If you don't know what the blinker is, you probably aren't checking its fluid either are you?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
As noted, you spelt it incorrectly. But that aside, it's that thing you put on 25 yards after you've braked, and when you are halfway around the turn.
Whoever spelt it dealt it... Spelled... LOL

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
If you don't know what the blinker is, you probably aren't checking its fluid either are you?
Oh we know what it is, but using it is a sign of weakness ;)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Until I get it on my truck it is just vaporware, but he demonstrates BC v1.3. Confirms that it runs on current hardware, although we have already been told that. Hoping Ford will get it together and start getting it pushed out soon.

The video shows a lane change initiated by turning on the blinker.

How would I ever live with hardship of pushing against the steering wheel instead of pushing the turn signal to make a lane change in my Pro? I have no interest in following the evolution of FSD or BlueCruise. Either I can take a nap in the back seat to get to my destination or I can’t. Anything in between means consumer is being used as tester for free.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I10 through NM has a fair bit of wind, hands free blue cruise has made that stretch a breeze and I'm far less tired when reaching my destination. It ain't worth $800 a year, but its no additional cost to me right now so I'm happy to use it.

CVDUDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR
NPR article about Farley's trip

"Even a short ride with Farley on his road trip spotlighted some of the practical challenges ahead as automakers prepare to get more Americans behind the wheel of an electric vehicle.

At a charging stop in Las Vegas, half the chargers weren't working, and the other half were occupied. Farley's F-150 had to wait."

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think the object of his trip, maybe unknowingly, is to bear out the fact that until the CHARGING infrastructure grows and matures, EVs are not going to be the 'go to' vehicle that folks purchase off a dealer's lot - those of us who are EV fans will be more apt to ORDER one, but EVs on lots are probably not the direction FORD is shooting for...

My wife's range anxiety is NOT about the battery power, and the 'range', it's about WHERE ARE WE GOING TO STOP to charge along the way... whether your BOLT has 250 miles of range, or your LIGHTNING has 250 miles of range is not the issue, it's the Charging options, Reliability, and Locations, that hinder long-range travel.

Maybe we will still be having similar discussions 10 years from now, but I hope that by then we have a singular 'charging' standard, a LOT of competition for locations, numbers, cost, speed, shelter, and reliability, as well as 'convenience' and amenities while waiting. There will STILL be a vast majority of Gas and Diesel vehicles along the roadways with us... they are NOT going away.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
NPR article about Farley's trip

"Even a short ride with Farley on his road trip spotlighted some of the practical challenges ahead as automakers prepare to get more Americans behind the wheel of an electric vehicle.

At a charging stop in Las Vegas, half the chargers weren't working, and the other half were occupied. Farley's F-150 had to wait."
Good article. He goes on to say:

"This is, as Farley noted, "pretty normal." On his 1,000-mile road trip he encountered broken and fully occupied chargers repeatedly, a new experience for someone who was used to thinking about charging woes in the abstract."
[Info about the Tesla deal]
"I'm sure glad we did the Tesla charging deal, that's all I can say," Farley grinned. "That was a good move."

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Speaking of Farleys' poor charging - I just stopped by the new Magic Dock enabled Supercharger near Fort Worth. Slickest easiest perfect charge. It's new, 16 stations, no one else there. There is one pull through slot that made it very easy for the Lightning. I didn't try any other stations to make the cord reach.

My only disappointment was there was tons of room around it in the far corner of a Lowe's parking lot. They could have easily made 3 or 4 pull through chargers, but they didn't.
Sponsored