mattskr

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I also use it for groceries and is perfect when I am hitting up multiple stores. Groceries are kept safe and out of the sun. My favorite thing to use the Frunk for is picking up pizza. Keeps the greasy garlic smell from saturating the cabin. As a bonus when you go Domino's curbside delivery (where they bring your order out to your vehicle) and pop the Frunk for them to put the food in the look on their faces is priceless.
I do the same. Once the kid went back inside and brought out the entire Pizza Hut team to take a look. However, everyone wants to try to close the frunk manually and I'm yelling from the cab: "I got it!"
Sponsored

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I do the same. Once the kid went back inside and brought out the entire Pizza Hut team to take a look. However, everyone wants to try to close the frunk manually and I'm yelling from the cab: "I got it!"
Same here. They hesitate for a second to think how to close it and I start to close it on them. Lol. Another great use for my personal situation has been for my wife's manual and electric travel wheelchairs. Both of them fit great in the Trunk. Don't have a picture of the electric wheelchair in there unfortunately.

Ford F-150 Lightning The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk 20230705_164519

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Reading the comments in the CT forums is hilarious.

Backtracking on need for a Frunk.

Saying Ford took the easy road out by using an ICE 🤣

So Tesla introduced this 4 years ago, saw what the competition was bringing out and still built this….. who took the easy road out….

“Tesla coming after Fords Bread and Butter” these fanbois are delusional

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
Where does wheelbase 5" longer than Lightning come from?
I don't know that we know any specifications for sure -- detailed features and specifications are no longer on Tesla's site, and probably won't be back until the trucks start shipping to customers.

Wikipedia gives the CyberTruck wheelbase as 149.9" and cites a Motor Trend article comparing the CyberTruck and Rivian R1T as the source. Torque News gives it as 145" and attributes the value to off-the-record information from Tesla employees at an Investor Days event. Either value seems reasonable, and looking at pictures of the CyberTruck, the wheels look a bit farther apart -- but that could be an optical illusion.

Ford's Tech Specs document for the 22MY Lighthing gives the wheelbase as 145.5".

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I’m sure they will sell more of these than I think, but that frunk size is a wasted opportunity.

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Had a flat and needed to get it replaced at Telsa (cheapest price). Of course I delivered the wheel to them with my Lightning.

I pointed at the Model X frunk in the show room and said "that's not a real frunk" I opened my frunk up and said now that's a frunk! They all smiled and agreed.

OP
OP
mattskr

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Well the leaks are fast and furious this week. Today someone posted a shot of the frunk with the liner installed and it's even smaller than what I thought yesterday!

Ford F-150 Lightning The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk 1693600952428

I couldn't even fit my computer bag in there without setting it on it's side! Forget about golf clubs, or even most luggage.

Ford F-150 Lightning The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk 1693600920782

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It's interesting that the cybertruck is likely on track for it's delivery reveal during the same time as the Detroit auto show when the new ICE f150 and other unannounced big 3 products will come out.

Maybe they are intentionally waiting to set the final price/release details depending on what big 3 reveal at the show.

Sponsored

BuildBackBadder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Cybertruck owners will get lots of smiles and similar to those smiles owners with outrageously cambered hoopties receive. I can't imagine the laughs one would receive showing up on an actual construction job site. I would liken the hideous look of that thing to a modern day combination of a Delorean and Edsel. A 5 star auto analyst from Morgan Stanley bluntly stated after a test drive it was a niche vehicle with perhaps 50k in sales per year.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Tesla recently dropped the prices of Model the X significantly. I am guessing the CT will be Teslas most expensive vehicle now, above $80k

Oh and it really does Tow 🤣

Sponsored

Last edited: