Sponsored

FordPass 4.30.2 update (Performance & Bug Fixes v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Latest update release available for Android

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 4.30.2 update (Performance & Bug Fixes v2) SmartSelect_20230912_081520_Google Play Store
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
No tweaking of the app will fix anything of significance until they get it together on the back end. I swear, some days I think they are still using reel to reel tape machines for data processing.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No tweaking of the app will fix anything of significance until they get it together on the back end. I swear, some days I think they are still using reel to reel tape machines for data processing.
Working at Ford would make me feel right at home at the IRS.........

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
One of the new misfeatures is that clicking on charging details crashes the app.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
In the Apple 4.30.0 update, the Map function has changed to now center on my phone location, versus my truck location. I have no need to know where my phone is since I am holding it in my hand.
This might me useful in a large park or parking lot to know your relative distance to the vehicle, the icon still positions properly where my truck is parked.

This example only 60' between me and my truck, might be useful hiking in the wilderness.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 4.30.2 update (Performance & Bug Fixes v2) 1694548193277

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I find the 4.30.0 update for iOS a LOT snappier (my phone is an iPhone 14 Pro Max). The stupid BACKUP POWER UNAVAILABLE notification that came back recently to v4.29.1 for my non-functional HIS backup equipment is gone now, and the charging status display button area shows properly on the Home screen tab of the app. Clicking on DETAILS does not crash the app on my iPhone.

What is still screwed up is logging charging is still not working properly for me. I had a scheduled charging event early this AM on 9/12/23, but the last charging event logged is for 9/6/23. That's probably a screw-up on Ford's servers, though, and not the app per se.

We're counting on Ford software engineering to safeguard our vehicles and our lives when we're driving. Yet Ford can't even get the basics right in its app, home backup equipment, and firmware. Ford really needs to up its game if it wants our trust and our money in the future.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
This might me useful in a large park or parking lot to know your relative distance to the vehicle, the icon still positions properly where my truck is parked.

This example only 60' between me and my truck, might be useful hiking in the wilderness.

1694548193277.png
True.

Until the update, the FordPass map would always center on my truck to show me where it was located. It would also show my phone location, but I may have to zoom out to see it. Now, it shows the phone location and I have to zoom out to "find" my truck. Hint: I "found" it inside the dealership service department. Today is day 14 after work actually began on the 23H01 battery module replacement. I sure hope the EV Tech is getting paid for 14 days, versus the 1 day the Ford BEV Team told me it would take for 23H01 completion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
New bug fix, personally I notice app crashes when viewing maps

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 4.30.2 update (Performance & Bug Fixes v2) SmartSelect_20230913_192948_Google Play Store

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
New bug fix, personally I notice app crashes when viewing maps

SmartSelect_20230913_192948_Google Play Store.jpg
May I ask, where are you finding these these updates and downloads.?

I only get them when they are loaded out to the Apple App Store.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
May I ask, where are you finding these these updates and downloads.?

I only get them when they are loaded out to the Apple App Store.
Some of you might have determined how neurotic I am about certain things, one of them is to have software and Virus DEF files up to date, I have a habit of looking at Android / Google Play Store several times a day, this dropped early this evening, I installed it and took a snapshot of the release note summary.

You might be able to do the same with Apple App Store.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Some of you might have determined how neurotic I am about certain things, one of them is to have software and Virus DEF files up to date, I have a habit of looking at Android / Google Play Store several times a day, this dropped early this evening, I installed it and took a snapshot of the release note summary.

You might be able to do the same with Apple App Store.
Thanks. I checked the App Store and it’s still offering 4.30.0.

And you can never too safe in this techno world.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.