Sponsored

Almost time for new tires, what are you planning on getting after the stock tires wear out?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I am at 27k and no where near needing tires, but in all of my past trucks, I have used Michelin defender LTX and they are the best tire I have ever driven on. Not sure of the EV efficiency, but they are great tires.
I was actually considering getting those. I'm picky about sound and road noise, are they quiet?
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
There are reports on the Mach-E forums of Costco refusing to install tires because they don't meet the requirements of the door jamb sticker. That's why I'm asking.
Although both Michelin or Bridgestone have the right tires for the MME and Lightning which I own both, there must be something else going on here. Customers requesting tires that are not a fit for the EVs involved here. My MME came with Michelin tires. My Lightning came with Generals but both Michelin and Bridgestone make the tires for the Lightning.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Although both Michelin or Bridgestone have the right tires for the MME and Lightning which I own both, there must be something else going on here. Customers requesting tires that are not a fit for the EVs involved here. My MME came with Michelin tires. My Lightning came with Generals but both Michelin and Bridgestone make the tires for the Lightning.
Here is the thread.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-install-cross-climate-2-on-mme-gt-pe.22707/

Here is what is posted in the second post.

Seems like you'll have to go elsewhere, on the Costco website:

WILL THE COSTCO TIRE CENTER INSTALL ANY SIZE TIRE?
Costco only installs authorized tire fitments, for safety reasons. This is why we advise that, before purchasing, our customers make sure the tire(s) they select meet the following vehicle manufacturers' Original Equipment (OE) specifications.
  • It must be a size authorized by the vehicle manufacturers.
  • It has an equal or greater OE Speed Rating. Not all tires have a speed rating requirement.
  • An equal or greater OE Load Index. If you are unsure of your vehicle's fitment requirements, please contact a local Costco Tire Center sales associate.
Theoretically, there is a chance that if the tire doesn't have a 116 load rating, Costco won't install them. Which is weird, because when you purchase them on the website, the tire they are selling you is rated at 115.

So, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I was actually considering getting those. I'm picky about sound and road noise, are they quiet?
I had them on a 2012 F150 and a 2018 Tundra and they were super quiet. Much quieter than the stock on either.

OP
OP

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Here is the thread.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-install-cross-climate-2-on-mme-gt-pe.22707/

Here is what is posted in the second post.

Theoretically, there is a chance that if the tire doesn't have a 116 load rating, Costco won't install them. Which is weird, because when you purchase them on the website, the tire they are selling you is rated at 115.

So, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
my stock tire size is 275/60R20 115T. So not an issue for people who spec’ed the AT tire from ford when ordering.

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I can't speak to the 70k warranty, but so far so good.
I got the 22" version of Continental TerrainContact H/T in April and so far they matched or outperformed the general HTS.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Will Costco install them? I've heard stories that the tire has to match the specs on the door jamb sticker or they won't install them. 20" stock Lightning tires have a 116 load raring, and the tires sold on the Costco site are only 115.

Screenshot_20230912_145915_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_150128_Chrome.jpg
Picture above notes it is "EV Compatible" in the picture above. I would think the MME and Lightning would be their target audience.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Picture above notes it is "EV Compatible" in the picture above. I would think the MME and Lightning would be their target audience.
I agree. But if they check my door jamb sticker they won't install them.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I can't speak to the 70k warranty, but so far so good.
I got the 22" version of Continental TerrainContact H/T in April and so far they matched or outperformed the general HTS.
Those are 44lbs. A little heavier than the Generals. What was the brand of your stock tires, and how have they affected your efficiency?

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Those are 44lbs. A little heavier than the Generals. What was the brand of your stock tires, and how have they affected your efficiency?
It's not an apples to apples comparison for me as I went from the stock Generals on stock 20" Lariat Aero wheels to Ford Performance 22" non aero, with the Conti.
But I seem to be getting 5-10% less range (happy it isn't worse) and the GoM says 305miles on a full charge. My datalog also confirms that drop.

Sponsored

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
I absolutely love my BFG AT KO2 tires but you’re gonna take a range hit.
If you don’t mind my asking what kind of range are you seeing and what rim/tire/level are you running?If I ever get my Lightning I am definitely going to add 2” level and KO2s. I have 285/60/20 KO2s and Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks set at 1.75” on stock 20” rims on my current F 150 and really like the way it looks. Thinking of doing the same except leveling kit instead of shocks on my Lightning. Thanks

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
If you don’t mind my asking what kind of range are you seeing and what rim/tire/level are you running?If I ever get my Lightning I am definitely going to add 2” level and KO2s. I have 285/60/20 KO2s and Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks set at 1.75” on stock 20” rims on my current F 150 and really like the way it looks. Thinking of doing the same except leveling kit instead of shocks on my Lightning. Thanks
Most of my commute is freeway. 500 miles of pure freeway (75+mph) a week so I’m already less efficient. That being said stock was around 1.7-1.9 mi/kwh. With the leveling kit and the BFG tires on the same commute I’ve dropped to 1.5-1.7mi/kwh. So not too bad. When running around town on city streets, I didn’t notice much of a change 1.9-2.3 mi/kwh. Absolutely love my stance! No regrets!

Ford F-150 Lightning Almost time for new tires, what are you planning on getting after the stock tires wear out? IMG_6097

Ford F-150 Lightning Almost time for new tires, what are you planning on getting after the stock tires wear out? IMG_6098

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Most of my commute is freeway. 500 miles of pure freeway (75+mph) a week so I’m already less efficient. That being said stock was around 1.7-1.9 mi/kwh. With the leveling kit and the BFG tires on the same commute I’ve dropped to 1.5-1.7mi/kwh. So not too bad. When running around town on city streets, I didn’t notice much of a change 1.9-2.3 mi/kwh. Absolutely love my stance! No regrets!

IMG_6097.jpeg

IMG_6098.jpeg
Your truck looks great. Thanks for the Intel. Can’t wait to get mine……

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator

IMG_6097.jpeg

IMG_6098.jpeg
I’m getting ready to level lift mine, I just haven’t figured out which kit to go with. I have the 33” recon grapplers on it now, with stock lariat rims. Curious how much clearance you have now? That’s what I’m going for since I’ve been taking mine off road. Looks awesome with the 35s!

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
When the time comes, I plan to look at the Nokian Outpost ATs.
Me too. I put snows on last winter and they were good. I'm at about 18,000 on the Hankooks. Just the past couple weeks I notice a bit less grip, a few chirps, and the tread is getting a bit worn.

$78,000 truck coming with sh!t tires....Man I hate OEM tires and the company cheapness.

So the Nokian Hakkas go on in late November, but come spring I'll be hopefully putting the Outposts on some Roush wheels. Supposed to be good for EVs and I have had great results with Nokians since switching years back.
Sponsored