F150 Lightning FORscan thread

wautard1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat
Can anyone confirm that the Forscan details at the beginning of this thread is the most up to date list of Lightning confirmed mods and data entries?
Asking since the thread is over a year old but still stickied.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Can anyone confirm that the Forscan details at the beginning of this thread is the most up to date list of Lightning confirmed mods and data entries?
Asking since the thread is over a year old but still stickied.
I don't know that anyone can guarantee it is the latest. Here is your absolute guide. Some of this gets replicated over here but maybe not all. This is a sister site. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/post-21167

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Is it screwed in or anything?
Mine was pretty solid so I didn't want to break anything.
I had to use some force, but ultimately it popped right off no problem - there are three clips holding it on and they aren't at the edges of the piece. I used a plastic spudger to pry it off a bit so I could get a grip under the edges with my fingers.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Is it screwed in or anything?
Mine was pretty solid so I didn't want to break anything.
First time taking it off I was worried too and gave up until a 2nd attempt. Its something that would be pretty hard to break though.

Sponsored

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
Just saw there were some new updates to the Forscan excel sheet. I haven’t been able to test them yet but knew there would be some interest.

Remove "full view not available"
IMG_5867.png

Pet mode?
IMG_5868.png
Have you tried enabling the "Comfort Pet (CP)" option?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I haven’t. I don’t take my dog or kids anywhere and leave them in the truck.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
FWIW on the Lightning I found if you disable the vehicle power down timer it works pretty well as a poor man’s Pet Mode just to leave the truck running. It runs the AC. If the key isn’t in the truck it’ll not allow you to drive it off without a passcode and it even blanks out the navigation screen when your key is out of range.

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
FWIW on the Lightning I found if you disable the vehicle power down timer it works pretty well as a poor man’s Pet Mode just to leave the truck running. It runs the AC. If the key isn’t in the truck it’ll not allow you to drive it off without a passcode and it even blanks out the navigation screen when your key is out of range.
This is exactly what I have been doing. However, the power down setting has to be set every time. I guess I should permanently disable it using forscan.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
I was using the recommended wired adaptor
20230625_111024.jpg

I just bought the newest recommended Bluetooth adaptor and will try it this weekend.
Sorry this is so late but I resolved the 27% IPMA issue with this adapter by checking the auto increase speed option under connection in Forscan.

Sponsored

hringrose

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro, 1965 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Geotechnical Engineer
I am trying to connect to Forscan using an OBDLink EX adapter, but I am getting an error, “If PCM has a custom tune installed, please enter strategy/calibraton name or part number of FACTORY PCM (ex. 5L3A-12A650-AYH)”. Is anyone having this issue?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I am trying to connect to Forscan using an OBDLink EX adapter, but I am getting an error, “If PCM has a custom tune installed, please enter strategy/calibraton name or part number of FACTORY PCM (ex. 5L3A-12A650-AYH)”. Is anyone having this issue?
I have the same adapter. I last used it with no problems in June. What version of FORScan? Has it worked before and did you make changes? Or is this first time using FORScan? I assume you tried the rescan vehicle step. You likely need to look at the forscan.org forums. Here is a thread with similar issues including a Mach-E:
https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81627
Also check out the ICE thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I need a favor - I'm trying to see if I fat fingered an update last year with Forscan. I've got a '22 Lariat ER with Max Tow. I need someone with the same build that has a backup of the APIM settings before any changes were made. If you've got that, would you mind sharing and sending me a copy.

hringrose

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro, 1965 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Geotechnical Engineer
I have the same adapter. I last used it with no problems in June. What version of FORScan? Has it worked before and did you make changes? Or is this first time using FORScan? I assume you tried the rescan vehicle step. You likely need to look at the forscan.org forums. Here is a thread with similar issues including a Mach-E:
https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81627
Also check out the ICE thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/
Yeah I followed the instructions to the Mach-E thread and tried to rescan. I asked Forscan support and they asked for my VIN, so I will report back with any findings.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I need a favor - I'm trying to see if I fat fingered an update last year with Forscan. I've got a '22 Lariat ER with Max Tow. I need someone with the same build that has a backup of the APIM settings before any changes were made. If you've got that, would you mind sharing and sending me a copy.
I have the same year/build. No mods. Most current Sync version. Just stored the APIM AsBuilt. Sending PM. Let me know if this is what you needed.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN