2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Loaded up forscan for the first time to get familiar. Changed the blinker count as a test.

I noticed a dtc for ipma, any one knows what it means?

Truck having zero issues, also just came from 10k service on Friday where I am pretty sure they ran diagnostics.

Code: B115E - Camera Module

Additional Fault Symptom : 31):
- No Signal

Status (-28):
- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Image Processing Module A

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Is there a setting I can change for the speed at which the front camera will come on or off? I think it is set to 7mph which is way to slow...I would love to set it at 10mph.

I thought it was going to be the camera at speed settings, but after going through all 35 pages, it appears that is for something else.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I'm very interested in this as well. I don't have my lightning yet but would love to enable glare-free if possible.
I would expect at some point the USA will allow the truck to be shipped with this active. We have it active already on delivery in Canada. Very nice feature.

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I would expect at some point the USA will allow the truck to be shipped with this active. We have it active already on delivery in Canada. Very nice feature.
I'm honestly not as optimistic about that. The USA (NHTSA) approved adaptive headlights are based off a new SAE standard. The Canadian approved ones follow Europe's UN-ECE standard.

That seems like quite a bit of software work to validate and tweak the adaptive headlights and open Ford to the risk of a recall if for whatever reason it doesn't comply with this fledgling SAE standard. (Remember, GM barely fell out of compliance with glare requirements on the GMC Terrain and literally had to issue a recall where the fix was a 1 inch piece of translucent tape)

If I were Ford I would just leave it alone until the T3 platform.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Just saw there were some new updates to the Forscan excel sheet. I haven’t been able to test them yet but knew there would be some interest.

Remove "full view not available"
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5867

Pet mode?
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5868

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have a 2022 Lariat SR currently without the Rain Sensing wipers. I would very much like to add them. After reading through this thread, it seems like it is possible, but some of the information is a bit old at this point and wanted to know if anyone has done this recently. There is a link to the rain sensor itself from infotainment dot com back in the thread, but it appears that the link is broken. Currently infotainment has this product -
2021-2023 Ford F-150 & 2023+ Super Duty Factory OEM Automatic Rain Sense Windshield Wiper Upgrade - Infotainment %
which seems excessive (i.e. has more than you need) based on reading this thread. Is it possible to get the rain sensing wipers using just the sensor and Forscan programming? here is a link I found to just the sensor.
2011-2023 Ford Rain Sensor LU5Z-17D547-B | TascaParts.com

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I have a 2022 Lariat SR currently without the Rain Sensing wipers. I would very much like to add them. After reading through this thread, it seems like it is possible, but some of the information is a bit old at this point and wanted to know if anyone has done this recently. There is a link to the rain sensor itself from infotainment dot com back in the thread, but it appears that the link is broken. Currently infotainment has this product -
2021-2023 Ford F-150 & 2023+ Super Duty Factory OEM Automatic Rain Sense Windshield Wiper Upgrade - Infotainment %
which seems excessive (i.e. has more than you need) based on reading this thread. Is it possible to get the rain sensing wipers using just the sensor and Forscan programming? here is a link I found to just the sensor.
2011-2023 Ford Rain Sensor LU5Z-17D547-B | TascaParts.com
I added rain sensing wipers with just the sensor and the FORScan changes. You should be fine but I would pull down the plastic piece above the rearview mirror and make sure you have the connector tucked up in the hole where the sensor goes.

I assume you'll be fine with it being a Lariat but only takes a second to check.

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I added rain sensing wipers with just the sensor and the FORScan changes. You should be fine but I would pull down the plastic piece above the rearview mirror and make sure you have the connector tucked up in the hole where the sensor goes.

I assume you'll be fine with it being a Lariat but only takes a second to check.
This may be covered in the thread, so apologies if I missed it, but what is the easiest way to remove the cover? It doesn't look like there are any screws?

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
This may be covered in the thread, so apologies if I missed it, but what is the easiest way to remove the cover? It doesn't look like there are any screws?
It's locked in with two or three clips. So you can just kinda pop it off.

Don't have a good picture of it but you can see two of the clip bosses here:

EDIT: Actually, this pic shows exactly the area you need to work in lol. The connector for the rain sensor is that little 3 wire tucked into the plastic clip in the center.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread PXL_20230224_210724599

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's locked in with two or three clips. So you can just kinda pop it off.

Don't have a good picture of it but you can see two of the clip bosses here:

EDIT: Actually, this pic shows exactly the area you need to work in lol. The connector for the rain sensor is that little 3 wire tucked into the plastic clip in the center.
PXL_20230224_210724599.jpg
Just checked, and the connector looks exactly like your pic. Thanks!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
just as an update, after MANY thousands of miles after adding Radar for ADAPTIVE CRUISE to my PRO, removing the 'frunk beeper', and using Forscan to also remove 'auto door locking at speed' and disabling 'seat belt reminder'... and adding a new 'wireless' Keypad in the Charge Port door.

ALL IS WELL

Adaptive Cruise, Lane Centering, and 'Slow down, Stop-N-Go' Cruise is all working and is great in making driving a PLEASURE, especially long-distance travels, EVEN with the camper in tow. While there are a few moments or instances where you might wonder 'why' the truck suddenly slowed down, or 'thought' it was seeing a vehicle still in the lane in front, even though the vehicle is now in an adjacent turn lane... oh well.

The removal of the 'frunk beeper' cannot be understated: no one is none-the-wiser when I 'pop' open the trunk, or go to close it. Nice. Quiet.

The disabling of auto locking and seat belt reminders also makes starting a drive so much more pleasant. No 'beeping', 'dinging', and 'warnings' for us 'old' folks who have been driving for ages and learned back in the day when NONE of these 'alerts' were anywhere in anyone's forthoughts, or needs.

The 'wireless' Keypad is a nice addition, and has already come in use several times when the FordPassApp takes too long to 'unlock' the truck(cellular? signal)... and so having the ability to simply pop open the charge port door, enter the code, and have the doors unlock, is a plus, and actually makes the 'range anxiety' for the App a thing of the past : )
My wife appreciates it too, as she no longer has to text me when she is trying to enter the truck, and can just use the keypad, if needed in a situation where she needs to get into the truck before I do.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Just saw there were some new updates to the Forscan excel sheet. I haven’t been able to test them yet but knew there would be some interest.

Remove "full view not available"
IMG_5867.png

Pet mode?
IMG_5868.png
Has anyone with a Pro (no options) tried this APIM change to remove black box? Tried it today (current value 4 changed to 5) and I received error messages when attempting to write. My other ForScan changes have gone fine. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong…or not working on a no option Pro.
Thanks everyone!

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I just enabled it on my 311 XLT. Did you force reset the apim module? I also cleared all dtc’s after the reset. Worked fine for me.

Removes black box from the rear view when in drive.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5890

Also gives the radar warning for the front in the corner view until you switch back to the 360 view.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5891
Sponsored