• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford resumes heated Steering Wheel Repairs (was on hold)

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Is Anybody currently getting their CSP's taken care of and have a hold on heated steering wheel? Anybody out there work for Ford that can verify this?

I just sent my truck in on oct 24 for CSP's. Then I get it back on the 25th, they say it's all taken care of, but the button doesn't work. They take truck back for an hour and say it won't flash, needs an APIM update/reset or something, and they have to keep it overnight again.

Today the 26th they say they can't fix it, Hotline doesn't know why. An hour later they tell me Ford has issued a hold on heated steering wheel repairs.

Is anybody else dealing with this crap or is it just me?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Understood.
Well so much for a customer satisfaction program.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
My 2023 Lariat ER went on October 4th and came out with working steering wheel heat same day.

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
Mine was done one week ago yesterday (Thursday, October 19th)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Is Anybody currently getting their CSP's taken care of and have a hold on heated steering wheel? Anybody out there work for Ford that can verify this?

I just sent my truck in on oct 24 for CSP's. Then I get it back on the 25th, they say it's all taken care of, but the button doesn't work. They take truck back for an hour and say it won't flash, needs an APIM update/reset or something, and they have to keep it overnight again.

Today the 26th they say they can't fix it, Hotline doesn't know why. An hour later they tell me Ford has issued a hold on heated steering wheel repairs.

Is anybody else dealing with this crap or is it just me?
Hi there. These APIM/heated steering wheel concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I took mine in for CSP work last week. They installed all of the parts for the heated steering wheel but could not actually get it to work. The button appears on the console but the heated steering wheel will not turn on. They told me to take the truck back and they would work with Ford to get it fixed. They called me a few days ago to update me. Said Ford doesn't know why it won't work and that Ford will get back to them with a solution. So for now, I guess I'm on hold just like you are.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
No word of a hold from my dealer…. But they’re having trouble getting the parts.
Same. Parts been on order for going on 30days. Nothing from Ford. No parts.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Mine was done 2 weeks ago today. No issues.
I need a dealership and service department more like yours. Lucky duck lol.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I had my '23 picked up and the new heated steering wheel part/component they put in threw errors on other things, so they removed it and we are now apparently waiting for an updated part. My dealer has been exceptional in keeping me informed and taking care of the Customer Satisfaction items, etc. I have had no issues with the truck. Updates seem to be delayed, but they eventually come. I'm still 2 updates behind, but I'm thinking they just roll updates out like Google does for Android, etc.

OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Hi there. These APIM/heated steering wheel concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

I have a customer service relations person already following the truck. I haven't been able to get ahold of her for 2-3 days, and have left multiple notes with those who answered the phone for her to call me. The last note that she left on my case was that she wasn't able to get ahold of the dealership (which is BS, because I talk to them daily... they have set hours)

I asked to talk to a supervisor this morning because I have no idea what's going on. The CS rep on the phone at the time told me it won't matter because supervisors can't do or see anymore than they can. She tried to connect me anyway....

15 minutes on hold, and there are no supervisors available. So she wrote yet another note for someone to call me back.

The truck, the software updates, the Home integration system, the dealership network and customer service are so far and away the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced in retail.

Which is a shame because I also own a Mach-e Premium from you guys, and that's the exact opposite. Never had an issues and gets regular updates nearly weekly.
Sponsored