• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford resumes heated Steering Wheel Repairs (was on hold)

Ice No More?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, F450
Occupation
Aviation Professional
For what it is worth, I took my Lightning in last week for the 10K tire rotation and all the updates (dash pad, light bar, 23B50, and steering-wheel heat-undelete). They got it all done in a week but the SWH DOESN'T HEAT! Dealer called me and said they couldn't do any more until Ford creates a new updated software (for the Dealers). They mentioned there were 20 or so other Lightnings in a similar situation.

So, I have my truck back but with a non-functioning steering wheel heat. At least now the soft button shows up on the Sync screen. I guess that is something, let's call it a "placebo" effect.

One thing I did notice was that, even though I received several updates at the dealership, I'm still at 6.1 update. I wonder if getting 6.2 or 6.3 in some way would help matters? Unlikely, right?
Exactly my point earlier today, do not send us letters about CSP's and not deliver. You made the UAW happy, how about your customers? Anyone at Ford listening??
Sponsored

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
For what it is worth, I took my Lightning in last week for the 10K tire rotation and all the updates (dash pad, light bar, 23B50, and steering-wheel heat-undelete). They got it all done in a week but the SWH DOESN'T HEAT! Dealer called me and said they couldn't do any more until Ford creates a new updated software (for the Dealers). They mentioned there were 20 or so other Lightnings in a similar situation.

So, I have my truck back but with a non-functioning steering wheel heat. At least now the soft button shows up on the Sync screen. I guess that is something, let's call it a "placebo" effect.

One thing I did notice was that, even though I received several updates at the dealership, I'm still at 6.1 update. I wonder if getting 6.2 or 6.3 in some way would help matters? Unlikely, right?
Did they charge you for the tire rotation or anything else? Heated steering wheel was fixed for me & others at our dealership - so unsure why your dealer claims 20+ are not working - more like your dealer is spreading misinformation? Ford official statement to verify what your dealer is stating? I'm at 6.2 Oct. 26 mini-update complete. 6.3?

OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Did they charge you for the tire rotation or anything else? Heated steering wheel was fixed for me & others at our dealership - so unsure why your dealer claims 20+ are not working - more like your dealer is spreading misinformation? Ford official statement to verify what your dealer is stating? I'm at 6.2 Oct. 26 mini-update complete. 6.3?
It’s true. It’s a national hold.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford resumes heated Steering Wheel Repairs (was on hold) IMG_1159

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I guess some or most of us were lucky to have it done last week and enjoying the heat now. How do we feel about Ford beta testing so many issues on customer's time?
It’s becoming more and more clear we were just one big cash grab, as prices continue to decline and issues keep arising.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Did they charge you for the tire rotation or anything else? Heated steering wheel was fixed for me & others at our dealership - so unsure why your dealer claims 20+ are not working - more like your dealer is spreading misinformation?
No. There was no charge for any of the work. $0.00 was due upon delivery.
The folks at the dealership were nice and courteous, and I believe honestly tried to get the update to work. I don't think they had any reason to lie, I just don't think they have enough EV training for their Techs, so they rely on the mothership for all these upgrades.
That said, they had the truck for a week and were unable to offer me a loaner, nor did they wash my truck. I guess I'm spoiled, as the Lexus and Land Rover dealers always return a washed vehicle to their customers.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exactly my point earlier today, do not send us letters about CSP's and not deliver. You made the UAW happy, how about your customers? Anyone at Ford listening??
I can't disagree with this statement. I do think Ford, specifically the dealership network, has a long row to hoe in the customer service area. Folks buying a $90k EV are expecting a bit more than what has been the standard. I feel that Ford Motor Co. is trying to get there, but the dealers are case-by-case.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
No. There was no charge for any of the work. $0.00 was due upon delivery.
The folks at the dealership were nice and courteous, and I believe honestly tried to get the update to work. I don't think they had any reason to lie, I just don't think they have enough EV training for their Techs, so they rely on the mothership for all these upgrades.
That said, they had the truck for a week and were unable to offer me a loaner, nor did they wash my truck. I guess I'm spoiled, as the Lexus and Land Rover dealers always return a washed vehicle to their customers.
Same here on no charges for a tire rotation etc. w/CSP's/recall of lightbar 16 days with a loaner though/filthy truck returned to me with damage to the back seats - seems Ford corporate would require a loaner for a week? Vehicle business lies are common & they need no reason - just whatever may be their advantage at the time.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I took mine in for CSP work last week. They installed all of the parts for the heated steering wheel but could not actually get it to work. The button appears on the console but the heated steering wheel will not turn on. They told me to take the truck back and they would work with Ford to get it fixed. They called me a few days ago to update me. Said Ford doesn't know why it won't work and that Ford will get back to them with a solution. So for now, I guess I'm on hold just like you are.
This sounds just like how it was for me with my Pro until it was figured out what to change on the HVAC module in forscan. I wonder if they're just having an issue with something as simple as that, as my understanding is that they just click an "enable hsw" button and it's supposed to make all the necessary changes.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Not sure I understand the outrage on the hold for this fix.

They gave a credit at point of sale for the delete, then came out with a proposed fix that seemed to do the trick prior to release and a few people in this forum got it done successfully. If an issue is then found, they need to do some work to get it resolved before rolling it out again....

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Not sure I understand the outrage on the hold for this fix.

They gave a credit at point of sale for the delete, then came out with a proposed fix that seemed to do the trick prior to release and a few people in this forum got it done successfully. If an issue is then found, they need to do some work to get it resolved before rolling it out again....
Ford at all levels doesn't communicate well with customers as these forums prove - a lot of misinformation.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
This sounds just like how it was for me with my Pro until it was figured out what to change on the HVAC module in forscan. I wonder if they're just having an issue with something as simple as that, as my understanding is that they just click an "enable hsw" button and it's supposed to make all the necessary changes.
Same for me with the HVAC module replaced &/works perfect/they knew to check that so some service technicians may be missing the boat on latest technology & fixes.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I’ve been definitely very disappointed in #FordMotorCompany with lack of parts for my unfixed recalls in my MY23 100k lightning. I talk to dealerships and service and they seem equally disappointed. We need parts and cannot seem to get them. Beyond Ridiculous. Hard to keep loving my truck much these days if all these shenanigans do not improve real soon.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was done 2 weeks ago today. No issues.
Did you get a new steering wheel or did they use the existing one?
I ask because I was under the impression that heat delete meant none of the “hardware” was present at the time of build.
Sponsored