• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.5.0 - Minor Adj {Heated wheel & Dep Times}

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
For the ICE trucks, it was an SCCM update. Most likely the same for you guys. Wording used when Ford files the update with the NHTSA is:

Picture6.png
I wonder what improvement this brings to the automatic rain sensor function?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Updated today...SCCM dropped off my FDRS list and an IPC update appeared.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Updated today...SCCM dropped off my FDRS list and an IPC update appeared.
Mach E already got that one. They just reported 6.13.0 a little while ago. It's a CMR update. BC 1.3 is around the corner, IMO.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I wonder what improvement this brings to the automatic rain sensor function?
No idea, but mine work terribly. I did the SCCM with FDRS 2 weeks ago, but we haven't had any rain since then for me to try it out to see if I notice anything different.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
There's probably a reason that this is a scheduled update that should be done overnight versus on the side of the road. 🤷‍♂️

I've had no adverse issues FWIW. I've also noticed no changes other than some settings resetting (like brightness).

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
There's probably a reason that this is a scheduled update that should be done overnight versus on the side of the road. 🤷‍♂️
Half of this forum is like, "I forced the update to install while holding my foot on the brake and accelerator simultaneously and mashed the Start button while my wife misted the windshield with a spray bottle to activate the wipers and my son did a rain dance", then complain that it broke.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Half of this forum is like, "I forced the update to install while holding my foot on the brake and accelerator simultaneously and mashed the Start button while my wife misted the windshield with a spray bottle to activate the wipers and my son did a rain dance", then complain that it broke.
Yep.

I forced my update because I was going to be home for 4+ hours after it updated.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well I did the update now so it can sit overnight and think long and hard before disabling my front motor🤣

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
As someone who still hasn't received any type of update for 5 months, what does it look like? How does it happen? Are you notified on the home screen? Like a notification icon or something? What is the overall process?

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
As someone who still hasn't received any type of update for 5 months, what does it look like? How does it happen? Are you notified on the home screen? Like a notification icon or something? What is the overall process?
From the truck, you can see it in software updates screen (you can also force update or set schedule from there too). It will also show in Ford Pass application under software updates and after successful update there is a notification .

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.5.0 - Minor Adj {Heated wheel & Dep Times} IMG_7150
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.5.0 - Minor Adj {Heated wheel & Dep Times} IMG_7149

Last edited by a moderator:

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well I did the update now so it can sit overnight and think long and hard before disabling my front motor🤣
Well so much for not driving again tonight. Both motors seem fine after update.
Sponsored