Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
It certainly seems like these guys are trying to make a quality product. Can't wait to see how they operate in the near future.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
700A at 12V wouldn't melt anything.

I want to believe, but the vagueness in every statement that company puts out is suspicious.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
700A at 12V wouldn't melt anything.

I want to believe, but the vagueness in every statement that company puts out is suspicious.
700 amps will melt a lot of things. :) The heat generated by current flowing in a conductor/connector is amps squared times cable/connector resistance (sorry can't do real math symbols here). Need to know the resistance (or voltage drop) across the adapter to know what heat is being generated.

I didn't see 12V shown anywhere. But if that is the voltage drop across that length of conductor/connector that's a lot of heat and power loss = 8.4 kW.
Edit: But I guess if you're charging at 350V and 700 A (245 kW), that's only about 3.4% loss.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Anyhoo, I just bought one for my Rivian R1S. I too have been buying and using all sorts of bought and homemade adapters since 2013. Nice to see a small manufacturer stepping up to the plate. You guys do realize A2Z is taking a big risk themselves if these don't work, right? At the very least, the damage to their reputation won't be worth the little profit they are making. So I am confident A2Z has done their due diligence.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I didn't see voltage stated anywhere. Thus the comment I made about the company's vagueness in everything they say about this adaptor.
That's just marketing. Every company makes statements like that because the marketing people have no clue about technical stuff. They ask the technical guy and he says "we tested it to 700A!", the technical guy doesn't think to tell the marketing lady that it was at 400V because that's *obvious* to the technical guy but the marketing lady doesn't even know what a volt is so she never asked.

There's really nothing sketchy about that A2Z post. Most people don't even know what 700A means so I'm surprised they even bothered to post that information. If I was writing it I probably would've just said "we tested at 2 times rated current" or something. Even that would only land with like 50% of people...the other 50% don't know what "current" is. 🤷‍♂️

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I ordered mine two months ago. It should ship by the end of January, but no notification yet. Did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up at the door one day?

jpblincoln

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ordered my A2Z Typhoon Plug on 11/5/23 and it shipped on 1/8/24 and received on 1/12/24.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
I ordered mine two months ago. It should ship by the end of January, but no notification yet. Did you get a shipping notification or did it just show up at the door one day?
I got shipping info and it arrived a few days later.

OP
OP

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
Same concern as before, when that plug is laying in a puddle....
Like the bazillion CCS cables on the ground I see weekly.

Man, progress is hard with all the negative nancys. I feel bad for any of these companies trying to innovate and solve problems when even the early adopters can't be satisfied.
Sponsored