First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
So does that mean my truck does have inability to receive OTA Power Updates? I have not received an OTA Power Update since July 2023, so knowing that what is going on with my truck or is it the Ford system?
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So does that mean my truck does have inability to receive OTA Power Updates? I have not received an OTA Power Update since July 2023, so knowing that what is going on with my truck or is it the Ford system?
The issue is on Ford's side for you and many others. Your truck is on Sync 23159 which is one version behind the latest one. Right now, you are only showing a CMR update available for your truck. The fact that you are not showing any APIM, GWM or TCU updates is a red flag that there is a problem. However, the problem is not with your truck. This is something that is happening to COUNTLESS vehicles right now. Ford needs to release the next sequential update in order for you to get the updates you are missing to be fully updated. Unless a network scan done FDRS releases the next update you need from the servers, there is nothing you can do right now even with FDRS to be fully updated. We have someone in the ICE forums that can get you fully updated, but you would need a Mongoose and FDRS to do so. I have no good explanation as to why this happening right now, but I am confident Ford knows about it and is working on whatever the issue is.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Thank you, Rugedraw, your explanation is spot on and explains what I needed to know and probably what I suspected all along. Honestly, my truck was never the culprit as Ford is. By the way, how did you know specifics to my truck (Sync 23159) + "my truck showing a CMR update available for my truck." Thanks for your input and detailed explanation.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you, Rugedraw, your explanation is spot on and explains what I needed to know and probably what I suspected all along. Honestly, my truck was never the culprit as Ford is. By the way, how did you know specifics to my truck (Sync 23159) + "my truck showing a CMR update available for my truck." Thanks for your input and detailed explanation.
You messaged me on 1/8 with your VIN to ask me to look at something for you. I checked the VIN again to provide the details I mentioned above.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I thought that might have been you, I am just still beside myself with Ford's OTA delays and every now and then someone with a similar experience to mine just set me off and lights me up. Thank you for being patient with me and keep me posted if you hear something may be happening

Sponsored
OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Well here I am for my appointment that sales setup for me to do all the FDRS updates and the CSP. They told me to get here at 7:30am and they'd have a loaner for me to go to work since it would take about 4hrs.

The doors were locked until 8am. They have no appointment for me and no loaner. And service said they're not allowed to do FDRS updates "unless there is a service concern." They're doing the CSP now and refuse to do anything else.

😑

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Well here I am for my appointment that sales setup for me to do all the FDRS updates and the CSP. They told me to get here at 7:30am and they'd have a loaner for me to go to work since it would take about 4hrs.

The doors were locked until 8am. They have no appointment for me and no loaner. And service said they're not allowed to do FDRS updates "unless there is a service concern." They're doing the CSP now and refuse to do anything else.

😑
If your sales guy made a commitment, he should back you up.

Salesmen never lie, and the service managers always do what the salesman tell them. 😂

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

😑
This is why when I bought my 2023 mannequin (with just over 400 miles on it), I insisted on the updates being done, with nothing left in FDRS. They agreed, in writing, with Sales Manager signing it. Then resistance hit, i.e. Service Dept was pissed. The day before I flew there to get it, they started the updates. I had people with FDRS access watching, and they caught issues as they developed. Updates were not finished until 6:30PM, they knew I would not be getting on the airplane until they were done.

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If your sales guy made a commitment, he should back you up. Salesmen never lie, and the service managers always do what the salesman tell them. 😂
I'm pretty confident sales and service did indeed discuss and agree to do it. But since they forgot to put the service appointment in, and never told the service advisors of this agreement, I'm screwed at 8am since none of those people who agreed to it are there. The only thing they did was the CSP, which only took about 40 minutes.

Since these updates weren't critical service, I decided getting in an argument and making a scene was not worth the mental anguish. Nor worth ruining the service advisor's day as her very first customer at 8:00:02 AM. My good deed for the day.

I will take it up with sales later. It is a significant time consuming hassle to bring it to the dealer and leave it for the day. So it's debatable if I'll do this again just for the FDRS updates. I want them, I want everything current (the Tesla in me). But I don't want to shave a year off my life in sanity to get it done.

RiqRod

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat extended battery
Occupation
Administration
I have a '23 Lariat and get OTA updates regularly. Last one I got was the 6.13.
How? I have not even gotten one OTA! I have a 23 Lariat as well that I purchased in December 23. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I just thought since I got my vehicle at the end of 2023, that I would be on the tail end to get the OTA.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
How? I have not even gotten one OTA! I have a 23 Lariat as well that I purchased in December 23. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I just thought since I got my vehicle at the end of 2023, that I would be on the tail end to get the OTA.
There is no rhyme or reason in how OTA's are sent out; as least Ford does not say what logic is used to distribute updates. Where in Florida are you? If you're in the Miami area, we can set something up and I'll update the truck. No charge.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I'm pretty confident sales and service did indeed discuss and agree to do it. But since they forgot to put the service appointment in, and never told the service advisors of this agreement, I'm screwed at 8am since none of those people who agreed to it are there. The only thing they did was the CSP, which only took about 40 minutes.

Since these updates weren't critical service, I decided getting in an argument and making a scene was not worth the mental anguish. Nor worth ruining the service advisor's day as her very first customer at 8:00:02 AM. My good deed for the day.

I will take it up with sales later. It is a significant time consuming hassle to bring it to the dealer and leave it for the day. So it's debatable if I'll do this again just for the FDRS updates. I want them, I want everything current (the Tesla in me). But I don't want to shave a year off my life in sanity to get it done.
TBH I’m surprised the sales department agreed in writing as this is kind of unheard of from the service side. I’ve got FDRS and have helped many users on Reddit who claimed their service center updated “everything” and it’s almost always just been CSPs and maybe CSPs plus an APIM update.

Some of the modules take a long time to update and recently there’s some sort of report of the IPMA update failing and causing the module to need replacement (at least for dealerships) so there’s a lot of downsides and few upsides to applying everything you see in FDRS.

There’s also been a non zero number of times when applying a FDRS update resulted in some sort of regression — perhaps most infamously were the DSP updates to the Platinum audio system.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I've got a pro I bought in May of 23, no updates ever on mine. Another guy on here just started getting updates on his Pro about a month ago and he bought his around the same time I did.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've got a pro I bought in May of 23, no updates ever on mine. Another guy on here just started getting updates on his Pro about a month ago and he bought his around the same time I did.
It's Vodou

Ford F-150 Lightning Having dealer update all software/firmware aliens-ancient-explainin

Last edited:

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
What is this Vodo you speak of?
Sponsored