• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Monitor Sensor Replacement

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
I realize there are a number of threads dealing with the 'not' recall of the battery monitor sensor and I am sure I've read this, but can't find it now.

I had the BSM replaced today. For those of you who've had this done, did that help your receive OTA updates? I've never received one before today and wondered if this would help.

Thank you.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
There has not been a significant number of OTA's occur since the BMS part became available. Looks like a few folks are finally getting 6.8.0 that didn't get it last December and some 2023's are getting 4.2.1.1. In both cases OTA's are going to those who have not had the part replaced. So OTA's don't seem to be dependent on having that part at least right now.

Bottom line - too early to tell. What it should help is for the update to not fail after it arrives.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I realize there are a number of threads dealing with the 'not' recall of the battery monitor sensor and I am sure I've read this, but can't find it now.

I had the BSM replaced today. For those of you who've had this done, did that help your receive OTA updates? I've never received one before today and wondered if this would help.

Thank you.
No.

The reason it is being replaced is because it was not correctly reporting 12v battery state of charge to the OTA process, causing OTA updates to not be applied because they thought you had inadequate 12v charge.

Updates DOWNLOADED regardless. They just failed to apply and you got notified they failed.

So no, it does not help with receiving updates, only applying them.

OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. I thought I'd read that the two were connected.

As for the OTA's -- some get them and some don't? A random thing?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. I thought I'd read that the two were connected.

As for the OTA's -- some get them and some don't? A random thing?
Your truck gets them when Ford determines that your truck needs one. Not random at all.

The connection is what I explained...

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
You didn't read anything from Ford that they were connected. You read wishful thinking from folks who haven't got updates. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's unfortunately true!

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Your truck gets them when Ford determines that your truck needs one. Not random at all.

The connection is what I explained...
“need one” ahahah or decides thou are now worthy.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Monitor Sensor Replacement q495jOX

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
This is what Ford stated in the CSP.

IMG_0800.jpeg
He asked if OTAs would be delivered now. I think the CSP refers to them failing install. Two different things.

OP
OP
TNVolFan

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There has not been a significant number of OTA's occur since the BMS part became available. Looks like a few folks are finally getting 6.8.0 that didn't get it last December and some 2023's are getting 4.2.1.1. In both cases OTA's are going to those who have not had the part replaced. So OTA's don't seem to be dependent on having that part at least right now.

Bottom line - too early to tell. What it should help is for the update to not fail after it arrives.
How do I find what version of software my truck currently has?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I was in the unworthy category for a long time. I only started getting the update when I stopped caring. Repeat this every time you get in the truck

..... grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, .....

or as George's dad would say "Serenity Now"

and resist the temptation to check the status of your software. Ignorance is truly a bliss when it comes to enjoying Lightning.

Just drive the darn thing and be happy you can because one of these days the reason you can't may be getting the update you wanted so bad.

I know, easier said than done so take a deep breath and repeat after me...... Serenity Now........ Serenity Now ........ Serenity Now
Sponsored