• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Parking/park assist?

reffahcs

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Hey everyone, relatively new Lightning owner, less than 300 miles so far.
I'm curious if anyone has any experience using the remote parking feature, and/or the parking assist features? I had a 2017 Fusion that had parking assist too, but I was always to chicken to try it out.
I'm asking because the parking garage I park in for work is... dense... to say the least. I usually just opt for the easy way and park out away from other cars, but I was looking through the owners manual and it just made me wonder how well any of these features work. I found a couple videos of the Lightning parallel parking on YouTube, but I didn't really find anything else.

Cheers and hope everyone is having a great week.
-Tim
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I've used it. It's nerve wracking because it moves a bit faster than I would and when the brakes are used it is rather abrupt. I thought I hit a car in a parking lot one of the first times I used it. I never spent the time necessary to master it so I'd get frustrated when it would pass up a parking spot I thought would work. It always worked as designed though.

I find the cameras and mirrors are good enough. I nearly always back into a parking spot. In tight lots backing in is much easier.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
There is no remote park feature. It's in the original owners manual but not in the trucks.

Park assist is for parallel parking and allegedly works well but as said above, a little quick.

driftme

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER
Park assist is for parallel parking and allegedly works well but as said above, a little quick.
You can change the mode from parallel parking to back-in for parking lots.

Scares the hell out of me, I always feel like it's on a direct course for another car and doesn't slow down like I would. I always end up hitting the brake and taking over. Guess I have trust issues :ROFLMAO:

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
You can change the mode from parallel parking to back-in for parking lots.
Thanks! Never knew that. I tried the parallel feature once and it wasn't really useful for me so never touched it again.

Sponsored

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I have never tried or used it either. I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to be removing that feature and not trying to develop it anymore, even though it is a fairly mature product since they are finding little or no use by the owners of the vehicles it is equipped with.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have never tried or used it either. I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to be removing that feature and not trying to develop it anymore, even though it is a fairly mature product since they are finding little or no use by the owners of the vehicles it is equipped with.
A friend of mine who works at Ford told me that. He also said keypads are quietly going away. I'll be a little sad when they produce their last keypad. Great feature!

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
That will be sad. I use the keypad every day, multiple times. I use it to lock it. I always leave the key in the vehicle. Actually, I have never taken it out in a year but maybe once when following instructions to get updates to work, but, the updates work fine with the key in it and unlocked. I'm betting a lot of folks don't know they can lock it by pushing the bottom 2 buttons.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
That will be sad. I use the keypad every day, multiple times. I use it to lock it. I always leave the key in the vehicle. Actually, I have never taken it out in a year but maybe once when following instructions to get updates to work, but, the updates work fine with the key in it and unlocked. I'm betting a lot of folks don't know they can lock it by pushing the bottom 2 buttons.
I've used the keyless entry keypad almost every day with all of my vehicles (which have all been Ford/Lincoln) except on the one that was built before the feature existed, my 79 Continental.

Lock the doors with the engine running (on my previous vehicles), unlock the driver's door, unlock all four doors, open the trunk, drop the tailgate and all without transmitting a single interceptible wireless signal. It's truly an amazing feature and it'll be a damn shame if and when they kill it.

I feel like it should be standard on every car. It's not only super practical, but it's an iconic Ford feature, something that has persisted since the early 1980s until now.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
I've used the keyless entry keypad almost every day with all of my vehicles (which have all been Ford/Lincoln) except on the one that was built before the feature existed, my 79 Continental.

Lock the doors with the engine running (on my previous vehicles), unlock the driver's door, unlock all four doors, open the trunk, drop the tailgate and all without transmitting a single interceptible wireless signal. It's truly an amazing feature and it'll be a damn shame if and when they kill it.

I feel like it should be standard on every car. It's not only super practical, but it's an iconic Ford feature, something that has persisted since the early 1980s until now.
I don't use this feature every day, but I do like it. I do like how it's implemented on MME better. The keypad is invisible until you actually use it.

Sponsored

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
I use the Park assist feature for both parallel and perpendicular parking all the time. Works great and works much better than I could do it.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
A friend of mine who works at Ford told me that. He also said keypads are quietly going away. I'll be a little sad when they produce their last keypad. Great feature!
While I've been a long-time user, now that I use PAAK, I use it much, much, much less often. I have my phone with me and touch the handle, it unlocks. Touch the little button, it locks.

I still find it very useful when I use it, but it's just pretty rare for me anymore. PAAK is likely driving a lot of the non-use, but frankly I am more confident with PAAK because I have the keypad. I can always unlock and drive with the password if my phone loses connection/dies/gets lost/etc.

Long version of - I don't use it nearly as much but still really like it.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
While I've been a long-time user, now that I use PAAK, I use it much, much, much less often. I have my phone with me and touch the handle, it unlocks. Touch the little button, it locks.

I still find it very useful when I use it, but it's just pretty rare for me anymore. PAAK is likely driving a lot of the non-use, but frankly I am more confident with PAAK because I have the keypad. I can always unlock and drive with the password if my phone loses connection/dies/gets lost/etc.

Long version of - I don't use it nearly as much but still really like it.
I agree with this 100%. The few times it's glitched I didn't bother messing with PaaK, I just used the keypad.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I bet he is wrong.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm betting a lot of folks don't know they can lock it by pushing the bottom 2 buttons.
Or you can press one button on the inside of the door as you exit. I’ve been doing that with my Fords for 25 years.
Sponsored