• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trading XLT SR TO ER

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
I love my 2023 XLT SR, but thinking of trading up to extended range. I only have 4000 miles and wondering what I could get on a trade. Anyone done this since the $7500 cash back offer? What was the net cost? Thanks
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I have also been looking at doing the same but while the price of the new truck is good my trade offer of 35k wasn't. I have 10k miles on my XLT SR.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I love my 2023 XLT SR, but thinking of trading up to extended range. I only have 4000 miles and wondering what I could get on a trade. Anyone done this since the $7500 cash back offer? What was the net cost? Thanks
I went SR Pro to Lariat ER. Net cost was about $27k.

Do I like my Lariat ER more than my Pro SR? No…

Do I find the “value” there? Not really.

Mentally something switched for me with that price difference. Don’t get me wrong, I tow and I road trip. So I actually use the ER, the truck has had quite a bit of 100% to 4% discharges.

Would I have been annoyed at the SR for those same trip? Yes.

Do I think it was worth it? Maybe.
Would I do it again? No..

*Disclaimer. I do think for a new buyer, there’s nothing wrong with an ER. It’s just too easy to always compare the two when you’ve had both. Always asking yourself if the battery is worth essentially $30k.

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Similar boat. I have a Pro SR and would LOVE to trade up to a ER somehow, but the numbers haven’t been working out even with the tax credit

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Damn, Thanks for such quick reply’s to my question. Nice to know people are on this site as much as me! Seems like l’m in the same boat as you guys. I’m not trading up unless I can do it for less than 10k. I smile every time I get in my Lightning SR so probably won’t mind the range until a take my first long trip.
I use my truck for daily 70 mile round trips. It’s prefect for this.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If you have a loan balance it's not going to be pretty even with the discounts. These trucks have lost about half their value depending on mileage.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I had a Pro SR with all packages. I got $40k for my trade (I originally paid $46k) and got into an XLT ER for only about $12k more than my trade in.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I feel c
I had a Pro SR with all packages. I got $40k for my trade (I originally paid $46k) and got into an XLT ER for only about $12k more than my trade in.
You got an exceptional deal which is what got me looking but there is nothing close around here. No clue how you got 40k in trade on the Pro SR.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You got an exceptional deal which is what got me looking but there is nothing close around here. No clue how you got 40k in trade on the Pro SR.
Luck? They were desperate to sell a truck before the end of Feb. The truck I bought was on the lot for at least 3 months. Most importantly, I didn't need the truck. Being willing to walk at the smallest thing I didn't agree with landed me that deal.

Sponsored

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
How are you guys figuring out the trade in values? I was hoping there was some kind of website out there, and I know about KBB and that kind of thing but of course those are not binding quotes. I'm in a 23 Pro SR with just over 3K on it, and I would LOVE to walk into one of these deals if I could get out of the Pro.

Another question--supposedly Ford will not let us sell these things for a year. Is that BS? Seems like a lot of folks are selling their trucks and they can't be taking everyone to court.

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
I have the XLT with the heavy duty tow package. 7000lb vs 10000lb It is just enough to let me tow my RV locally about 100 miles. It has additional cooling as opposed to the standard tow package 5000lb. I found going cross country if I used the APRP navigation app it was not that long a wait charging. I also thought about swapping to take advantage of the extra $7500 rebate but I can't justify the numbers.

OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
I have the XLT with the heavy duty tow package. 7000lb vs 10000lb It is just enough to let me tow my RV locally about 100 miles. It has additional cooling as opposed to the standard tow package 5000lb. I found going cross country if I used the APRP navigation app it was not that long a wait charging. I also thought about swapping to take advantage of the extra $7500 rebate but I can't justify the numbers.

OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Whats the weight of you trailer? At what charge percentage do start at and end to get 100 mile?

I’m going to be towing a 3000 lb camper 300 miles. I don’t mind taking a couple stops to charge, but wondering if I have to be at 100% to get 100 miles. Mostly flat driving at 65mph.
Sponsored