First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
46325 on 3/3 @ 06:45 CST. Might get it by fall.
Sponsored

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
4/4/24 UPDATE:

UPDATE !!

Hi there. Today, we’re excited to announce that the first complimentary production Fast Charging Adapters are shipping today and are on their way to Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning customers, including you!

As a reminder,
Plug & Charge is the most optimal experience for using your adapter

Seamlessly use your Fast Charging Adapter to activate and pay for charging at Tesla Superchargers with Plug & Charge. If you have Plug & Charge enabled, simply plug your vehicle in to begin charging – payment will be handled automatically.

If you have disabled Plug & Charge, or if your vehicle has not received the Plug & Charge software update, you can always activate and pay for charging at Tesla Superchargers like all BlueOval Charge Network chargers using the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen.

Additionally, if you have disabled vehicle location sharing, Plug & Charge will not be able to activate. In this case, enable vehicle location sharing to enable Plug & Charge.

You can check or update your Plug & Charge status in FordPass under Vehicle – Charging - BlueOval Charge Network.

In case you come across anyone in the coming weeks with questions, below is some info for you to help them out.

Keep Your Vehicle Connected and Up-to-Date

To use Plug & Charge at Tesla Superchargers, your vehicle needs to receive an over-the-air software update (24-PU0119-DC-CHG4, to be precise). To ensure your vehicle can receive this update, make sure automatic updates are set to ON. Without this update, you can still charge at Tesla Superchargers by manually activating and paying for charging in FordPass or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen.

Keep Your BlueOval Charge Network Account Up-to-Date

To use Plug & Charge, or to pay for charging with the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your touchscreen, you will need a BlueOval Charge Network account.

It’s also important to keep your payment information up-to-date in your Ford Account. If you’ve received a Payment Failed notification when using the BlueOval Charge Network, you won’t be able to pay for future charging events, including with Plug & Charge, until you resolve the issue and reprocess the failed payment. To check your status and fix this issue, visit Connected Services.

Finding Upgraded Tesla Superchargers

To find upgraded Tesla Superchargers, use the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your vehicle’s touchscreen. Look for the “Adapter Needed” displayed next to the charger listing.

Tesla Superchargers will come to Connected Navigation and other routing tools in future over-the-air updates.

Using Your Fast Charging Adapter
1. Open your vehicle’s charge port door and lower the cover to reveal the fast charging inlet.
2. Attach the Fast Charging Adapter to the Tesla Supercharger cable by firmly pushing them together. You should hear a click when the cable is fully inserted.
3. Plug the Fast Charging Adapter into your vehicle.
4. With Plug & Charge is active, charging should begin automatically. If not, you can activate and pay for charging using the FordPass mobile app or the Public Charging app on your touchscreen.
5. Stop the charge by pressing unlock button on vehicle charge port.
6. Remove adapter from charge port using silver release button on the top of adapter.
7. Detach adapter from Tesla Supercharger cord by pressing down the cable release tab.

For a full list of question and additional resources please visit Ford.com/FastChargingAdapter

Happy charging!

Original Post

Can we post repies when we start to get lucky ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Sure, lets post when we get it with our order number as they arrive, otherwise no posts until then to minimize the [unneeded chatter / negative replies]

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think most of us here are married. Those days are long gone.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I'm surprised it let me order mine. I've had my truck such a short time I don't think the dealer has even reported my Truck as sold yet. No fordpass points, no warranty date, no charge station pro.

But it did let me order the adapter.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I watched the Jim Farley video where he talks about getting the adapter out to customers as soon as possible. Without committing to a date.

Don't know who is actually building the adapter, but let's hope they can start pumping them out. I am guessing I will get mine by the end of May. Just a WAG.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Mine just says:

Est. ship by May 2024
Order Placed: 2/29/2024

So I assume it would be around then...

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
I watched the Jim Farley video where he talks about getting the adapter out to customers as soon as possible. Without committing to a date.

Don't know who is actually building the adapter, but let's hope they can start pumping them out. I am guessing I will get mine by the end of May. Just a WAG.
A reliable you tube channel stated that Tesla was building them.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Tesla is building them.

Estimated ship date provided by Ford when you order.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
A birdie mentioned to me that they should begin shipping end of March, hopefully I'll be getting it on time in April as predicted when I placed my order.

Status
Not open for further replies.