• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Found a local dealer that seems to be more enthusiastic about EVs than the other one I was using and they just launched mobile service. The tech replaced the sensor and cleared all codes. However, the frunk button become inoperable to open or close the frunk. They tried troubleshooting with the service manager but no luck so I’ll have to bring it into the dealership for further diagnosis.

Thankfully I can still close the frunk with the dash button or the key fob.
Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Found a local dealer that seems to be more enthusiastic about EVs than the other one I was using and they just launched mobile service. The tech replaced the sensor and cleared all codes. However, the frunk button become inoperable to open or close the frunk. They tried troubleshooting with the service manager but no luck so I’ll have to bring it into the dealership for further diagnosis.

Thankfully I can still close the frunk with the dash button or the key fob.
UPDATE - went back out to drive the truck and frunk button working as it should.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I did mine. It later occurred to me that in order to clear the recall they might want the old one back. So last week I dropped by and gave it to one of the service managers and he said he’d clear it. It was gone the next morning when I checked PTS.
I’m sure they were quite happy to submit the warranty service claim and be reimbursed for the part and labor. Neither of which they provided 😬

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
UPDATE - went back out to drive the truck and frunk button working as it should.
I was about to say...anytime the frunk is open and you lose power, either by disconnecting the 12V battery, or if you're doing updates with FDRS and have the frunk open with the powersupply connected to the jump points....communication to the frunk module is interrupted, and the position settings are lost.

So you first have to close and latch the frunk manually one time. And then it will open and close normally after that.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I was about to say...anytime the frunk is open and you lose power, either by disconnecting the 12V battery, or if you're doing updates with FDRS and have the frunk open with the powersupply connected to the jump points....communication to the frunk module is interrupted, and the position settings are lost.

So you first have to close and latch the frunk manually one time. And then it will open and close normally after that.
Yes definitely this 👆
Or if you leave it open for more than an hour or so.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
My CSP 23b70 CSP is scheduled for Friday. Since delivery in September I have only had 3 PU updates. I got 6.2 in February, and 6.4 in early March. and have noticed my LVB% is regurlarly below 80% Sp we'll see if this makes any difference.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I had the BMS sensor replaced and it's mostly good now. However, twice I have gotten the low-voltage message when I've left a usb cable plugged in. I took it into the dealer and they cleared an error code. I'm gonna keep an eye on whether it comes back when a cable is not plugged in.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
My CSP 23b70 CSP is scheduled for Friday. Since delivery in September I have only had 3 PU updates. I got 6.2 in February, and 6.4 in early March. and have noticed my LVB% is regurlarly below 80% Sp we'll see if this makes any difference.
replacement done. I notice that the LVB charge state was a 95%. I've never see it that high before. Also notice that since the replacement it's never been below 85%. and this morning I got an update! not a biggie 23-pu1113-unx-dc. Smart Changes what that means but it's the first update of any kind in two months.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
replacement done. I notice that the LVB charge state was a 95%. I've never see it that high before. Also notice that since the replacement it's never been below 85%. and this morning I got an update! not a biggie 23-pu1113-unx-dc. Smart Changes what that means but it's the first update of any kind in two months.
It's a gateway update....very small...but interestingly it's the first and only OTA so far that actually says "W-Fi required" in PTS.

SmegMcgallister

First Name
Smeg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
unicycle jouster
Went in this morning for BMS replacement - tech also checked the battery, which came back as "bad" - though I've had no problems. service guy said would take 5-15 days to get new battery replaced, and this happens to 10% of BMS replacements. I reluctantly accept a loaner and resign myself to the wait.
Fast forward to 1pm - i get a call saying everything's A-OK. I ask if they re-tested the battery, and service guy says "battery's fine". So I fetch the Lightning back.
Is the dealer papering over a potentially serious issue (I know about the dearborn fire), or is the battery test really that inconclusive?

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Went in this morning for BMS replacement - tech also checked the battery, which came back as "bad" - though I've had no problems. service guy said would take 5-15 days to get new battery replaced, and this happens to 10% of BMS replacements. I reluctantly accept a loaner and resign myself to the wait.
Fast forward to 1pm - i get a call saying everything's A-OK. I ask if they re-tested the battery, and service guy says "battery's fine". So I fetch the Lightning back.
Is the dealer papering over a potentially serious issue (I know about the dearborn fire), or is the battery test really that inconclusive?
It could be the first tech didn't realize it was a "small" battery and his results reflected that. Also, the quickie test where they just check Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) is not conclusive from what I am told. A true battery test involves something called the Rotunda tester and takes several hours.

Bottom line there have been very few reports of bad 12V batteries. The Dearborn fire refers to the HVB, not the 12V.

Also there may be confusion with you and/or the dealer. The BMS is all about the 12V battery. There is another CSP for the HVB where the BECM software is updated. Indeed, in some of those cases a HVB module then reports as bad and it is a 2-3 3+week repair.

Last edited:

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Question about LVB after CSP applied. I had mine done a few weeks ago. Since then the battery has been reporting 82-86 SOC using a OBD and car scanner. I even charged it with a battery tender and it still only showed 86%.
I have not had it tested, but what are the odds that it's bad or the BMS module isn't working correctly?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Question about LVB after CSP applied. I had mine done a few weeks ago. Since then the battery has been reporting 82-86 SOC using a OBD and car scanner. I even charged it with a battery tender and it still only showed 86%.
I have not had it tested, but what are the odds that it's bad or the BMS module isn't working correctly?
Put it on the Battery Tender for a week.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Put it on the Battery Tender for a week.
I thought the way a battery tender works, at least the new ones, is to charge the battery and then shutoff. They are not trickle chargers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I thought the way a battery tender works, at least the new ones, is to charge the battery and then shutoff. They are not trickle chargers.
They do shutoff. Then watch the battery as it climbs, slowly, a little every day...
Sponsored