Inside EVs Podcast: Ford EV VP Celebrates F-150 Lightning Anniversary

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Darren Palmer Ford EV VP on the Inside EVs podcast, posted today.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
They just started that as I got to work and plan on listening to it for the commute home.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
if I'm being honest... it was pretty substance less.

Lots of vague marketing like speak.

Tom nailed it when he stated after the interview when the group was chatting ... "I think the majority of the investment like with the software is being made in the next gen vehicles."

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
if I'm being honest... it was pretty substance less.

Lots of vague marketing like speak.

Tom nailed it when he stated after the interview when the group was chatting ... "I think the majority of the investment like with the software is being made in the next gen vehicles."
It was informative. Thatā€™s probably true. Iā€™m enjoying the truck. They cut staff so I donā€™t think the updates will go faster. Iā€™ll drive this truck and switch it out for a T3 in 2033ā€¦all kidding aside they do need to get these parts in stock to fix all the major issues that are happening to some of our brethren Lightning ownersā€¦crossing fingers on not getting one of those Powertrain messages. Also, dealers must do a better job informing buyers of the benefits of the truck.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Watched the video. I agree with comments above on what Darren said. Also Emma Bergg (Ford EV Communications Director) was in the chat room and made a few comments in response to lots of questions there:
- Walk away lock on 2024 and coming to prior years, team working on it.
- Teams search the forums everyday ["Always On Team" I believe]
- T3 customer deliveries in 2026

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Keeping hope alive for BC 1.?

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Kyle mentioned he was interviewing Darren himself on another of his own podcast right after this oneā€¦ā€¦
Has it been postedā€¦. I donā€™t see it anywhere

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Kyle mentioned he was interviewing Darren himself on another of his own podcast right after this oneā€¦ā€¦
Has it been postedā€¦. I donā€™t see it anywhere

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Darren Palmer's explanation of how the Lightning came about was interesting. I think Ford may be best prepared for the China invasion than GM and others. His observation about how quiet Beijing was on his last visit, and his honesty and reaction to that, was very interesting. Once again Ford is showing leadership in America's car industry.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Wow, that took a while. I watched both all the way through. Very, very interesting! Especially, the history and how they got where they are today. Nice to know they have not forgotten about those of us that have already taken the plunge! I would also like to give a big shout out to those out there (like the people at state of charge and out of spec and all the others ) for being advocates for us as well as the future of EVā€˜s. I agree with the previous posts and also I find it interesting that the dealers have not figured it out yet. I mean, I have a degree in economics so part of my reasoning for buying an EV was for that side of things. I have always been an automotive enthusiast, even though life has sometimes gotten in the way of that through the years. I mean, working, getting married, raising kids, getting divorced , etc. all of these things take a lot of time and effort! It is interesting that our expectations are much higher than they were in the past as far as our EVā€™s are concerned. I was driving a 2016 Expedition EL prior to purchasing my Lightning (I was looking at a looking for a truck as my kids are grown, and I donā€™t have to haul them and all their friends around) and I did not expect Ford to do any major updates to that vehicle. I mean it has the ability to do the over the air updates for the Sync system, but they were few and far between and that pretty much was the expectation for that vehicle but now we expect instant (OK maybe not instant)updates for our EVā€™s. I guess part of that is just the way the automotive industry is changing and I think Ford is doing a good job overall!! Do I want betterā€¦.yes! Do I want faster?ā€¦yes! Do I want quality?ā€¦. Hell yes!
I apologize for the long and winding post!

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
thanks! Couldnā€™t find it.

funny that at the 24 minute mark that Darren describes a very early problem with the truck that they discovered through watching social media (maybe this site?)ā€¦ā€¦

About a truck that went dead because of a problem with not the truck, but a faulty wall charger, which caused the truck 12V to drain as a result, and the truck went dead.

Then Darren described some fix they came up with as a resultā€¦..

But this exact problem happened to me a few months ago and resulted in the same problem for me, a dead as a door nail truck stuck at a Hotel valet spot right in the hotel entranceā€¦.an embarrassing predicament for meā€¦ā€¦

So I guess they havenā€™t really fixed that problem?

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lectron-adaptor-fails-drains-12v.19044/
Sponsored