First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 XLT SR
Occupation
retired
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get my Apple Maps to provide routing with EV charging station stops. I’m running an iPhone 14 Pro with iOS 17.5.1 ( the latest ) so I was sure that is not the issue. My 2023 Lariat ER ‘s last OTA update was Ford Power Up 6.1.0 which is rather far behind the latest. So, it dawned on me that the issue lies in my Lightning’s software version.

To test this I went to another Lightning a 2023 XLT SR that has Ford Power Up 6.2.0. With this vehicle I had no problem getting Apple Maps to do EV routing.

Has anyone gotten Apple Maps EV routing to work with 6.1.0? Or do I just have to keep praying to the OTA gods get another update?
Sponsored

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It’s probably Apple Maps, not your Lightning.

Go to Apple Maps. Click on your initials hitch brings up a pull down menu. This menu allows you to personalize Apple Maps to your preferences. Scroll down the menu and click on “Vehicles”. This let’s you set up Maps for your Lightning.

OP
OP

WhalerDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 XLT SR
Occupation
retired
It’s probably Apple Maps, not your Lightning.

Go to Apple Maps. Click on your initials hitch brings up a pull down menu. This menu allows you to personalize Apple Maps to your preferences. Scroll down the menu and click on “Vehicles”. This let’s you set up Maps for your Lightning.
That is exactly what I did in the XLT with version 6.2.0. But when I try in the Lariat with 6.1.0 (using the same phone, it doesn't give me the option to click on "Vehicles".

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get my Apple Maps to provide routing with EV charging station stops. I’m running an iPhone 14 Pro with iOS 17.5.1 ( the latest ) so I was sure that is not the issue. My 2023 Lariat ER ‘s last OTA update was Ford Power Up 6.1.0 which is rather far behind the latest. So, it dawned on me that the issue lies in my Lightning’s software version.

To test this I went to another Lightning a 2023 XLT SR that has Ford Power Up 6.2.0. With this vehicle I had no problem getting Apple Maps to do EV routing.

Has anyone gotten Apple Maps EV routing to work with 6.1.0? Or do I just have to keep praying to the OTA gods get another update?
You are correct - it is not apple. You need Ford SW - 6.3.0 for Apple routing to kick in.

Sponsored

miketg2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Anyone know what the software update schedule looks like?

I got a 23 XLT Ext range and my Sync 4 is on 4.2.1.2 and that seems like it’s waaaayyy behind.

or I could be wrong bc I don’t know any better.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Anyone know what the software update schedule looks like?

I got a 23 XLT Ext range and my Sync 4 is on 4.2.1.2 and that seems like it’s waaaayyy behind.

or I could be wrong bc I don’t know any better.
There is no schedule. It happens when it happens. Did you buy it new? Was it recently? expect it to be a few months before you see your first update. 4.2 isn't really far behind. There aren't anymore 4.x updates I think, there are no 5.x updates I'm aware of and only a few 6.x updates.

Ford's update process is needlessly complex. Ford has to say "Okay this VIN gets that update" which will then reflect on their servers, so you may be waiting for your VIN to get into that mix. Your truck should periodically poll that server and determine if it has updates available. If it does it will try to download it and install. Sometimes that update is on the list, but not available for the truck to download, so you just kind of get stuck at that stage. Once it downloads it may fail, I'm not sure how it determines when to, but it may try again at some point. I had an update fail and it took a month for it to try again. It's all a mystery we try to figure out by studying the shadows it casts, only Ford knows what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

miketg2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
I got it new, just 100 miles on it. After doing a bunch of read I figured it would be that scenario. I guess I’ll just wait for my number to be called. Haha

Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored