Apple Maps EV routing - NACS?

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Ford is only giving out adapters for free through June. After that, any new vehicles purchased will have the OPTION to purchase an adapter.
Now your are just making shit up. Ever thought that Ford plan on including the adapter in or in the mail with each Mach-E and the Lightnings that are being sold😱

The June deadline is for existing and new purchases up to that point. By then they should have enough adaptors to supply new purchases too without you having to ask. 😎
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Flash 312A
Now your are just making shit up. Ever thought that Ford plan on including the adapter in or in the mail with each Mach-E and the Lightnings that are being sold😱

The June deadline is for existing and new purchases up to that point. By then they should have enough adaptors to supply new purchases too without you having to ask. 😎
No, I don’t make shit up. I read Ford’s press releases and take them at their word.

Here’s the relevant paragraph, since I know reading can be hard. 😎

“Retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers can purchase the adapter from Ford for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).”

And the full text: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...harge-on-tesla-superchargers-in-u-s---ca.html

Sounds like you’re the one making shit up, unless you’ve got a source for adapters being included in future purchases?

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
No, I don’t make shit up. I read Ford’s press releases and take them at their word.

Here’s the relevant paragraph, since I know reading can be hard. 😎

“Retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers can purchase the adapter from Ford for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).”

And the full text: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...harge-on-tesla-superchargers-in-u-s---ca.html

Sounds like you’re the one making shit up, unless you’ve got a source for adapters being included in future purchases?
I understand that reading comprehension is hard, but nowhere in that statement does it say they are not going to be included with a New Vehicle…..

It says New Customers, a new customer would include customers of Existing Pre-Owned Lightnings and Mach-e sitting on dealer’s lots.

Ford’s marketing team is using choice wording so they can pivot without having a false advertising complaint, or forcing dealers to provide them to the used market. 😱

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I understand that reading comprehension is hard, but nowhere in that statement does it say they are not going to be included with a New Vehicle…..

It says New Customers, a new customer would include customers of Existing Pre-Owned Lightnings and Mach-e sitting on dealer’s lots.

Ford’s marketing team is using choice wording so they can pivot without having a false advertising complaint, or forcing dealers to provide them to the used market. 😱
I see you ignored the bolded part of the statement where it says FUTURE customers. Your argument hinges on semantics.

The adapters being an added cost in the future is consistent with everything everyone has said on YouTube and forums. It’s part of the reason we have to request one rather than having it just sent. Not everyone will want one. They are free through June and after that they will charge.

Don’t take my word for it, just set a reminder and come back here in a couple months after the 2024 trucks are being delivered without adapters and I’ll have a slice of humble pie waiting for you. See you then! Unless you can find a reliable source that says they’ll be included with purchase and then I’ll be the one eating it instead. 😂

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Frankly, I have not found any of the route planning aps to work well as regards recharging. Does anyone have good suggestions?

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I see you ignored the bolded part of the statement where it says FUTURE customers. Your argument hinges on semantics.

The adapters being an added cost in the future is consistent with everything everyone has said on YouTube and forums. It’s part of the reason we have to request one rather than having it just sent. Not everyone will want one. They are free through June and after that they will charge.

Don’t take my word for it, just set a reminder and come back here in a couple months after the 2024 trucks are being delivered without adapters and I’ll have a slice of humble pie waiting for you. See you then! Unless you can find a reliable source that says they’ll be included with purchase and then I’ll be the one eating it instead. 😂
How do you like your crow served 😉🤣😂

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV routing - NACS? IMG_5196

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do you like your crow served 😉🤣😂

IMG_5196.jpeg
You mean the adapter that didn’t come with the truck? The one they had to order online and have shipped just like the rest of us? That one? It’s not past their June cutoff so everyone can still get the free adapter. This proves nothing.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Believe Ford will provide free NACS adapters until June 30, 2024 for all 21-24 year Lightnings.

From Ford site:

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps EV routing - NACS? Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.58.19 AM

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Believe Ford will provide free NACS adapters until June 30, 2024 for all 21-24 year Lightnings.

From Ford site:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.58.19 AM.jpg
You’re right. That’s what it says. But that dude is convinced that he’s right. Or he’s just a troll. Probably a troll. 😂

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
You mean the adapter that didn’t come with the truck? The one they had to order online and have shipped just like the rest of us? That one? It’s not past their June cutoff so everyone can still get the free adapter. This proves nothing.
It came with the truck, as an option, and already shipped outside of the reservation system you keep quoting. Sorry you are unable to admit you are wrong.

You must be fun to live or work with……✌

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

From Ford site:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.58.19 AM.jpg
It came with the truck, as an option, and already shipped outside of the reservation system you keep quoting. Sorry you are unable to admit you are wrong.

You must be fun to live or work with……✌
Yeah, nice try. You claim without evidence that Ford will be including adapters with purchase AFTER June 30, 2024 and then come here in April claiming that someone getting an adapter mailed to them proves your point?

Activating connected services and requesting the adapter is the same process we all went through. Ford already shipped a bunch of adapters “out of order” and this is likely one of them or (gasp!) someone is making shit up on the internet.

Come back when you have some evidence from Ford or examples in the fall after the free adapter program is over. ✌

And yes, I’m quite fun to live with!

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Yeah, nice try. You claim without evidence that Ford will be including adapters with purchase AFTER June 30, 2024 and then come here in April claiming that someone getting an adapter mailed to them proves your point?

Activating connected services and requesting the adapter is the same process we all went through. Ford already shipped a bunch of adapters “out of order” and this is likely one of them or (gasp!) someone is making shit up on the internet.

Come back when you have some evidence from Ford or examples in the fall after the free adapter program is over. ✌

And yes, I’m quite fun to live with!
I have nothing to prove to you. Clearly you live life as more of an opinionated and closed minded individual than I.

You can live your life how you want and hope it works out for you, but for me I learned to understand that early marketing papers are not gospel.

Ask all the members still waiting on the Blue Cruise update. 😉

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR