• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I love this device!! BINIZE Android 13 CarPlay AI Box with Netflix YouTube

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
@bub
Do you have HULU and if so can you load the APK and see if it works on that one ?

For low latency and not waiting seconds per input , it seems like the newer carlinkit boxes are the way to go . I’m using one as well and it’s light years ahead of some of the other companies.
Sponsored

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
@bub
Do you have HULU and if so can you load the APK and see if it works on that one ?

For low latency and not waiting seconds per input , it seems like the newer carlinkit boxes are the way to go . I’m using one as well and it’s light years ahead of some of the other companies.
We don't get hulu in canada. I don't have it.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Yes I ordered a unit from Amazon took over night. Just started setting up. Here is a picture of Torque on center screen. Charging at home.
Ford F-150 Lightning I love this device!!  BINIZE Android 13 CarPlay AI Box with Netflix YouTube 1711851229244-f9

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
It arrived. Initial impressions are possive. Video/Audio quality is good. Latency is "ok" maybe 1/3s or so on touch input.
Apps work. Its cool. I do wonder how much of my personal info is being shared with China with something like this. But that's the price you pay for it. I bet you its phoning home with my location, ip address, maybe even account creds i'm using - that's just my tinfoil hat theory anyways.

For other canadians interested:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CNPJCJHP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I got mine from the "carlinke" seller.

This one has better hardware specs than the OPs. For whatever that's worth. Its also a more known brand - hopefully that means better long term updates.
Good point about the phone home to China thing, I didn't even think of that.

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I just received mine today and installed a SIM card. I was wondering if 4G is enough to stream movies and such or is it better to connect through my phone with 5G? I like the idea of not having to use my phone all the time not was just wondering what everyone's experience is.

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just received mine today and installed a SIM card. I was wondering if 4G is enough to stream movies and such or is it better to connect through my phone with 5G? I like the idea of not having to use my phone all the time not was just wondering what everyone's experience is.
I use rhe ATT streaming that comes with the truck which is just LTE (4g) streaming and I have no issues . Even though I have a 5G iPhone 15 pro max on Verizon with UWB, it’s worth it to just use the trucks’s hotspot so it’s seamless every day and the hotspot plan with the truck doesn’t have a data cap. Might be cheaper than using a SIM card.

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I use rhe ATT streaming that comes with the truck which is just LTE (4g) streaming and I have no issues . Even though I have a 5G iPhone 15 pro max on Verizon with UWB, it’s worth it to just use the trucks’s hotspot so it’s seamless every day and the hotspot plan with the truck doesn’t have a data cap. Might be cheaper than using a SIM card.
I didn't think of this. How to you connect it to the trucks hotspot?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't think of this. How to you connect it to the trucks hotspot?
So first you obviously have to have pay for the truck hotspot service I subscribed to the unlimited data offer for $20 per month and I think I even pay less by paying for it for the year.

Then with the streaming device. I always leave it plugged in to the usb-a outlet and I went into the android WiFi settings and selected the hotspot and entered the password.

Now when I turn on my truck the streaming device just connects automatically. When I want to use Apple CarPlay I just unplug the device. It’s seamless.

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Has anyone been able to get Hey Google to work on this? I have checked every setting and mine will only work if I click on the microphone.

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
Has anyone been able to get Hey Google to work on this? I have checked every setting and mine will only work if I click on the microphone.
I have to click on the Microphone.
However, I HAVE BEEN ABLE to get "ALEXA" to work by having the truck just listen for that wake word. But this is not to do with this BINIZE device, its natively supported in the Lightning. Maybe Google is also?

Sponsored

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I can't seem to get much to work. Waze doesn't have any sound. Seems to me that this is just good for a secondary solution for watching videos and such not not really good for everyday use. I'll probably return mine.

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I've decided to return this because of the following:

1. Doesn't seem ready to replace Android Auto for every day use which I was hoping for so I wouldn't have to switch back and forth.
2. There is no sound output from Waze or Google Maps.
3. I can't use "Hey Google" without having to press on the microphone

I have contacted support and they gave me an updated firmware to try but it made no difference. I think if you just want to use this for entertainment purposes it's probably fine.

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I'm curious how you like this and if it's any different than the one from Binize.
I left a bit more detail here.
I'm not sure how its different from the Binize, but its got better specs and is from a bigger vendor. But I'm pretty sure these are all very similar and run the same software.

As far as how i like it. Its good. Still using it. Went on holiday and used it on the ferry or while charging for entertainment. I think one of these "AI Boxes" are a nice (but definitely not necessary) add on for the truck for road trips. Helps kill time while charging.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I received a Carlinkit Android 13.0 device for fathers day and this thing is awesome because it works perfectly. I bought the Stream to you car device for Lightning in 2022 and it never worked and was a waisted $300 so I decided to try another device and but it on my fathers day list. Now the lightning is like having a big android tablet or iPad in your dash, its Android based but has Carplay also by sticking a pin on a reset button and it reboots to Carplay. It has installed all my apps like on my Android phone except Kodi installs but crashes when opened, all my camera apps like Ring and Wyze apps work. Took my wife shopping Saturday and just stayed in the truck watching Direct and YouTube, DTV you can watch all your recorded stuff. It boots up really fast and looks for your hotspot, I am using a Verizon iPad that I got for free when buying a new phone and I pay $10 for data. My only grip is HAVING TO open the ipad and waiting for the hotspot to connect.

you can also leave it pugged in and out of site in the phone charger area because it times out with no power so it will not run down the 12v, the other one stayed on.
Sponsored