• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Ford declined to discuss which company is delaying the delivery process. "We aren’t providing details on which supplier is constrained," Gunsberg said.
Is there more than Tesla supplying these?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Is there more than Tesla supplying these?
It's certain that neither Tesla nor Ford actually manufactures them, so I think that any supplier issue comes from whomever manufactures them and/or their part and material suppliers. The bottleneck is most likely in getting them actually made. Logistics (packaging, shipping, etc.) shouldn't be much of a problem.

I don't think we really know how Tesla may be involved. Who is handling logistics and arranging manufacturing? Tesla, Ford, or both? Who designed the adapter? I'm not really sure, and frankly it doesn't really matter. It really comes down to the fact that they can't be made fast enough. Ford says they didn't underestimate demand, but that doesn't mean that didn't underestimate how fast the demand would happen. It also could be that the manufacturer overpromised.

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I wonder if the Rivian adapters look just like the Ford adapters?

BTW, Tom (State of Charge) said the Ford adapters are Made in USA.

A2Z and Lectron are made in China.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Note: just checked my order status ( FAE:90001568 ) on Ford.com. It says it will ship by June and that they are working hard to fulfill my order. I guess that technically that's correct but I received mine several weeks ago. once again FMC's IT systems are slow and not accurate. The IT director should be embarressed.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
So here we are at the 21st of June. My page as of about 5 minutes ago says that it's supposed to ship in June.

Here's me holding my breath.

The brain trust at Ford/Tesla shouldn't have said a damned thing about the adapters until they had them made in sufficient amounts. My order number is 6658.

Ford is trying to tell me that they have not had 6,700 of these charges made since I placed my order on 29 February? Four months and they have not made that amount?

Really? Really Ford?

I don't necessarily need the damned thing, however let's be honest in saying that you and Tesla (or whoever actually makes the damned thing) have completely and totally screwed the pooch.

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
What??? I had no idea about any of this!!! My adapter is delayed???
I just checked my order status and have not seen a change in delivery date updated. …Unless ford is just behind on updating us and When wash the last time that happ...

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
The adapter looks identical to the magic dock adapter on some superchargers. Caveat I have not held the Ford adapter yet ):

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
So here we are at the 21st of June. My page as of about 5 minutes ago says that it's supposed to ship in June.

Here's me holding my breath.

The brain trust at Ford/Tesla shouldn't have said a damned thing about the adapters until they had them made in sufficient amounts. My order number is 6658.

Ford is trying to tell me that they have not had 6,700 of these charges made since I placed my order on 29 February? Four months and they have not made that amount?

Really? Really Ford?

I don't necessarily need the damned thing, however let's be honest in saying that you and Tesla (or whoever actually makes the damned thing) have completely and totally screwed the pooch.
Ford will be providing the June delay email next weekend.
its free, so nit much room to complain, except maybe they should’ve built up inventory before begining shipping to offset are annoyance,

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice Blue & 2023 Silver ER Lariat Lightnings
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
A2Z & Lectron vs FREE Ford Adapter:

The old saw applies - you's got 3 choices - pick two:

1. You want it FAST ?
2. You want it CHEAP ?
3. You want it WELL DONE ?

I got's my A2Z in March, not FREE, 2 weeks & works WELL.
Sponsored